Lanyard?

tfox1018

I hear you ! ... you don't have to "wear" the lanyard,, you can put it thru a belt loop, or something like that..

I find it more secure and convenient to punch my Drivers License.. my Visa, and my Ship Card.. on a Lanyard.. and keep it in a pocket.. but "latched" to me somewhere ..

especially if you are off ship where the other 2 cards ,,I.D. and Visa.. may be required,, and in crowds.. or snorkel .. swim in to a bar, you can swap it to around your neck when "who cares you look like a tourist" ..

The lanyard makes it very easy to spot if you happen to drop it in the TAXI area.. and drive off.. :o

especially if the lanyard is bright red and white or something.

41ZKWI57DCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Great moose gif...and the lanyards not bad either ;).

We were surprised on our last cruise to receive a pre-punched cruise card at embarkation.

^^^ Thanks Kinkacruiser ! I guess it is "to each their own" I find the Canadian Flag on the lanyard opens a lot of conversations!

and PeteC22 , englishbird... if you look in the mirror.. it won't matter if you have the lanyard on or not... you get the same results.. <evil grin>

Originally Posted by PeteC22 View Post

I used to wear a lanyard till I saw myself in the mirror one day and couldn't stop laughing

Englishbird posted

I would never wear a lanyard for that exact reason. I just look stupid

I would never wear a lanyard for that exact reason. They just look stupid!:eek::eek:

I used to wear a lanyard till I saw myself in the mirror one day and couldn't stop laughing. :p

They go really well with foam noses, wigs and clown shoes.

Sure...Seen all types of lanyards on our cruises. If you go to one of the shops on board they will punch a hole in it to attach to the lanyard or you can use one of the ones that has a card holder on it. You will not need any thing else except for maybe the coffee card if you purchase one. All purchases will be automaticly credit to your shipboard account. The card is you room key and charge card.

Sure...Seen all types of lanyards on our cruises. If you go to one of the shops on board they will punch a hole in it to attach to the lanyard or you can use one of the ones that has a card holder on it. You will not need any thing else except for maybe the coffee card if you purchase one. All purchases will be automaticly credit to your shipboard account. The card is you room key and charge card.

You will need sunscreen.:D

I like the sparkly new lanyards that they have been selling lately in the airports. I just love glitz!

I only wear it when I am going someplace where I don't want to have to carry anything--like to the gym or a dance class. When I go out dancing at night, I carry a small purse with my key and lipstick. I usually take my phone to dinner to share pictures.

I often encourage my wife to bring her camera. On every cruise, she finds her cruise card often demagnetized. I smile.

Are there any other devices that can demagnetize a cruise card? Please kindly let me know.

I actually prefer that my wife's card is demagnetized...that way she spends less money onboard...:D

I often encourage my wife to bring her camera. On every cruise, she finds her cruise card often demagnetized. I smile.

Are there any other devices that can demagnetize a cruise card? Please kindly let me know.

I actually prefer that my wife's card is demagnetized...that way she spends less money onboard...:D

Happy to be married to my husband. He would never wish for my card to be demagnized to curb or control my spending...:confused:

I've never used a lanyard and don't plan to. Years ago, I found a very small leather case that had a very long strap that I use as cross-body strap. Last Spring, I needlepointed a canvas that I had made into a purse just the right size for my Kindle with a credit card-sized pocket. I'm getting an iPad Mini so I might have to have it re-made, or make another one. :) It has a removable strap so I can use it as a clutch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352856633.216978.jpg.397a5eb80a32069e75c70586adbce8fd.jpg

Happy to wear a lanyard on board, only place I do and only time in my life I do not carry tons of others stuff with me, it's great. I have a couple but the idea of a glitzy one appeals, might get one of those.:D

Originally Posted by paul929207

I am not sure very many passengers care what color card another passenger has

I totally agree with you.

Eddie .

Agree with this. Who really bothers to look, I mean why would you?

I am not sure very many passengers care what color card another passenger has

I only notice what color the card is when it is around someone's neck on a lanyard.:D Just an observation only. I don't really care how many cruises one has been on, it is just not my style to wear my cruise card around on a lanyard that's all.:)

I have never worn a lanyard, I have a nice leather card case I got a few years ago on a Celebrity cruise and I carry my card in it. When we go ashore a put a little cash, cruise card and credit card in it. When I go in the pool I just put my card in my pocket.

I love wearing my lanyard and don't care if anyone thinks it looks stupid. I don't care if anyone sees my card color. Don't care if someone thinks I'm bragging about my card color (which I've read on other threads). I don't have pockets in most of my clothes and I don't want to carry a purse or some little bag that I have to keep track of. I'm on vacation and the less I have to keep track of the better it is for me. Before lanyards, we used to put a hole in our cards and use a safety pin to attach the cards to our clothing. I think a lanyard is a step up. LOL. So, yes, I'm a lanyard nerd.....but life is good and I'm on a cruise.

The Australian Cruisers are big on lanyard wearing. First thing on board, get down to the Purser's counter and get that 'free hole' punched in it. Then whack it on the lanyard. You know where it is and cannot lose it.

Saying that, on our recent P&O UK 'Arcadia cruise, Sydney to Southampton, whilst most of the 400 Aussies on board wore their cruise card and lanyard, very, very few of the 1600 Brits on board did, not really the Brit thing. In fact I was walking along the promenade deck one day with my cruise card/lanyard blowing merrily in the breeze, when a bloke passed me with his wife, turned and said in a stiff posh voice 'Oh,look at that darling, he must be an ORSTRALIAN, wearing a postcard around his neck.' It is obvious that some of the 'upper class' Brits on board resented the Aussies and their lanyards, with postcards (cruise cards) around their necks. LOL.

Now our next cruise is on Celebrity Solstice, first timers, do Celebrity pax wear their cruise card on a lanyard?

The Australian Cruisers are big on lanyard wearing. First thing on board, get down to the Purser's counter and get that 'free hole' punched in it. Then whack it on the lanyard. You know where it is and cannot lose it.

Saying that, on our recent P&O UK 'Arcadia cruise, Sydney to Southampton, whilst most of the 400 Aussies on board wore their cruise card and lanyard, very, very few of the 1600 Brits on board did, not really the Brit thing. In fact I was walking along the promenade deck one day with my cruise card/lanyard blowing merrily in the breeze, when a bloke passed me with his wife, turned and said in a stiff posh voice 'Oh,look at that darling, he must be an ORSTRALIAN, wearing a postcard around his neck.' It is obvious that some of the 'upper class' Brits on board resented the Aussies and their lanyards, with postcards (cruise cards) around their necks. LOL.

Now our next cruise is on Celebrity Solstice, first timers, do Celebrity pax wear their cruise card on a lanyard?

Bonzer!!! You are too funny! :D

On my recent cruise(s) I demagnetized my key card every day, from day one. A few days i did it twice and one day it happened three times. It was usually caused because I brushed against my cell phone or magnetized iPad cover. It only took a careless second when I'd throw the card on my desk next to the iPad, or shove it in my pocket with the cell phone. When I had it on the lanyard it would hit the iPad when I was using it.

The Passenger Services desk was always accommodating in replacing the card, including punching a hole in the new one.

Archived