Check your bill!

Bisous3

Just returned from a wonderful Ruby Princess cruise (thanks to all who recommended the Captain's Table- what a terrific experience!) and I really like that new little machine next to the purser's desk... you swipe your cruise card and it'll print out your statement. Well it's a good thing I decided to test drive it because not once, but twice I was charged for other people's charges on my account! They were bar charges both times and rectified after they went through a pile of receipts to find the ones for the transactions, but I made sure I kept checking throughout the week.

Also, everyone is very excited for the Royal and all of it's new features. We may just have to give it a try!

We have sailed with Princess many times and will again be at Christmas, you are right (OP) they have made a few "human errors" on our charging,:(although some ships now have the machine both sides of the CS desk, often they have run out of paper or been jammed and with the expenditure of these there seems that they will not be upgrading their systems like they have on Celebrity where it is interactive TV and you can check on your account at anytime from the leisure of your stateroom which is much easier and customer friendly.:)

We had a charge from the cigar bar (can't remember the name) but we had never been in there because of the smoke. I asked about the charge at the desk and they brought out the chargeslips for that day. Yes, my dh did sign it. We had two beers at the pub lunch. Since they don't have a bar, the charge came from the cigar bar.

We did have another charge for $14 something from the Coral dining room. I had ordered an after dinner coffee special (can't remember what liquor was in it. I thought it was pricey for a drink. We hadn't looked until the last night of our first cruise on our b2b2b. I went down to the desk the next morning but because of what was happening with hurricane Sandy, the desk was packed. And the lines got worse the following days so I figured I'd wait until the beginning of the third cruise. Mistake - they only save those receipts until after the next cruise. I asked if the price was correct or if they might have charged us for two drinks. She had no idea and had no intention of checking on it for me.

So - take care of it as soon as you notice something off. And also look at the receipt when you sign it. I remember signing something but never looked at the charge.

By the way -

Does anyone know how much the special after dinner coffee drinks are?

They vary. If they include alcohol, $7 incl tip is not uncommon...

We had a charge from the cigar bar (can't remember the name) but we had never been in there because of the smoke. I asked about the charge at the desk and they brought out the chargeslips for that day. Yes, my dh did sign it. We had two beers at the pub lunch. Since they don't have a bar, the charge came from the cigar bar.

We did have another charge for $14 something from the Coral dining room. I had ordered an after dinner coffee special (can't remember what liquor was in it. I thought it was pricey for a drink. We hadn't looked until the last night of our first cruise on our b2b2b. I went down to the desk the next morning but because of what was happening with hurricane Sandy, the desk was packed. And the lines got worse the following days so I figured I'd wait until the beginning of the third cruise. Mistake - they only save those receipts until after the next cruise. I asked if the price was correct or if they might have charged us for two drinks. She had no idea and had no intention of checking on it for me.

So - take care of it as soon as you notice something off. And also look at the receipt when you sign it. I remember signing something but never looked at the charge.

By the way -

Does anyone know how much the special after dinner coffee drinks are?

I check mine every few days for mistakes. Haven't found any yet
I do this as well. I've found only a couple of errors out of all of my cruises. One error was when I was having drinks with friends and the bar staff accidentally switched the folio numbers and I was charged for two drinks rather than one. The other time was last month on the Island Princess when my shareholder OBC hadn't been applied (even though it had been confirmed.)

Just returned from a wonderful Ruby Princess cruise (thanks to all who recommended the Captain's Table- what a terrific experience!) and I really like that new little machine next to the purser's desk... you swipe your cruise card and it'll print out your statement. Well it's a good thing I decided to test drive it because not once, but twice I was charged for other people's charges on my account! They were bar charges both times and rectified after they went through a pile of receipts to find the ones for the transactions, but I made sure I kept checking throughout the week.

Also, everyone is very excited for the Royal and all of it's new features. We may just have to give it a try!

Thanks for the heads up! I guess Princess doesn't yet have the capability to check account on line. We always try to keep up with our bill..especially on a longer cruise. We always ask for receipts and keep them to compare as time goes on. However, since Princess doesn't have online account capability, I am wondering if the Sapphire has the machine you mentioned at the purser's desk. Can anyone answer that?

We had the OBA printer on the Grand in September (when it deigned to work) and checked our account every other day or so, something we do printer or no printer....but it did make it easier. I will also say that even on the last morning if there are discrepancies, and they have been few and far apart, Princess has been very good in making them right. In fact a few years a CSA turned herself inside out trying to reach us on an issue while we were away on another cruise.

I am wondering if the Sapphire has the machine you mentioned at the purser's desk. Can anyone answer that?

Yes, they do have the machine, but it is over near the Calypso Cove shop. It's on the opposite wall across from the shop.

We were charged for photos and we NEVER use the photograph dept. When we went to the desk, they found it was an error and sent us to the photo dept. to have it corrected.

Arrived at the photo dept. and they told us we had to go back to the desk to have it resolved. When we finally "lost it" you might say, one of the staff whent back to the desk, and we went through the whole routine again to find the error.

What a nightmare. Over an hour to resolve the issue. That was the first we had ever had on Princess after 18 cruises, and I hope it never happens again. I will go and get a copy of my bill every couple of days after this last experience.

Errors can happen, but it is the process of resolution that needs review.

Thanks for the heads up! I guess Princess doesn't yet have the capability to check account on line. We always try to keep up with our bill..especially on a longer cruise. We always ask for receipts and keep them to compare as time goes on. However, since Princess doesn't have online account capability, I am wondering if the Sapphire has the machine you mentioned at the purser's desk. Can anyone answer that?

Yes, the Sapphire has the automatic print out machines, but they are over by the dining room entrances on the same floor as the Customer Service desk.

The craziest charge I have ever had was for 111 glasses of wine in The Wheelhouse, when I had only bought one. They tracked down the waiter and he was very embarrassed for his error. It seems that the "one" key was sticking that night. :p

The craziest charge I have ever had was for 111 glasses of wine in The Wheelhouse, when I had only bought one. :p

Everyone should also be checking receipts at home. I never look at my grocery receipts or any for that matter but several months ago I looked and discovered I was charged for 112 yogurts instead of 12. That day we found two other mistakes at another store. Then two months ago we took friends out to dinner. On the drive home, my husband said "gee, that was expensive for Friday night fish". When I asked how much it was, I was taken back. I called the restaurant and since we were the only AMEX card, they found it right away and discovered we had all the drinks from a huge table next to us added to our bill. They refunded the money for the drinks but man, she got a very healthy tip - should have asked for some of it to be returned. Then last week, at another restaurant, the waitress said "your bill is really the bill from the next table but I gave them yours by mistake and they left but this one is a couple dollars less". We were with our son and his girl friend and all had different things and drinks and appetizers so we'll never know what our original bill was.

The only problem we had with the account printout kiosk was that the instructions on the kiosk showed that you should swipe you card face up when in fact you had to swipe it face down for it to work.

Otherwise, yes, it is a great time saver. Only saw lines at them once.

Archived