Carnival Cruise Cancellation? :(((

AmazingTrans

Hi Everybody,

I have a very bad news for my spouse tomorrow for our 1st wedding anniversary. But before I break anything, I just found out that our US visa has expired for the stamp (This means we have to exit the country to canada/mexico or somewhere that has us embassy, get a new stamp and reenter usa) and just found out entering into canada is more difficult than last year because detroit, buffallo, and new york canadian consulate has pretty much stop their in-person visa for same day. Their processing time are like 20+ days. And my cruise is on the 22nd December. !!!

With all that being said, I am going to lost 75% of the cruise if i cancel it, and lost 100% in 3 days time. I am going to lose my flight ticket to Miami as well if i cancel cruise since it will cost us more on our holiday budget.

Now the main question:

1) Can I transfer my cruise ticket if i can find a buyer?

2) Where can i get people to buy my cruise ticket ? I am willing to lose some money if i can transfer this ticket.

3) Anybody out there applied for any Canada visa lately at detroit?

I'm at lost hope for now.

Hope to hear from anybody, somebody, everybody...

Hi Everybody,

I

Now the main question:

2) Where can i get people to buy my cruise ticket ? I am willing to lose some money if i can transfer this ticket.

1: no. tickets are not transferable and at least ONE person form the original cruise must sail even of you change the names for the rest of the passengers.

2: what you CAN do is change cruise dates. usually what happens is you will get credit for what you have paid towards the fees for the new cruise, keeping in mind that taxes and port fees maybe different as well as base prices so you may end up having to pay more money for the same kind of cabin

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried calling CCL, but they told me it is not returnable, it is not possible to change dates, and not possible to do anything but lose it all. Anybody, any ideas?

I would also like to know what are the full procedures during boarding? Is it the same as boarding airline where they check all the visas on the counter ?

I have tried calling CCL, but they told me it is not returnable, it is not possible to change dates, and not possible to do anything but lose it all. Anybody, any ideas?

I would also like to know what are the full procedures during boarding? Is it the same as boarding airline where they check all the visas on the counter ?

You started posting this problem on 05 Dec - over two weeks ago. Was it not possible to solve this problem before now, using a visa service?

Your visas and ID will be checked before you get on the ship, and you will be denied boarding, thus losing all your money, if you don't have the correct documentation.

If you google

quick US visa renewal

you can find a list of companies that expedite processing of passports and visas.

They will charge you a fee, of course, but it would be much better than losing the cost of your cruise.

Hi Everybody,

I have a very bad news for my spouse tomorrow for our 1st wedding anniversary. But before I break anything, I just found out that our US visa has expired for the stamp (This means we have to exit the country to canada/mexico or somewhere that has us embassy, get a new stamp and reenter usa) and just found out entering into canada is more difficult than last year because detroit, buffallo, and new york canadian consulate has pretty much stop their in-person visa for same day. Their processing time are like 20+ days. And my cruise is on the 22nd December. !!!

With all that being said, I am going to lost 75% of the cruise if i cancel it, and lost 100% in 3 days time. I am going to lose my flight ticket to Miami as well if i cancel cruise since it will cost us more on our holiday budget.

Now the main question:

I'm at lost hope for now.

Hope to hear from anybody, somebody, everybody...

Why not keep the cruise. Call your travel agent if you used on, or Carnival if you didn't. See if you can take the cruise 60 days later, like around February 23. If you've paid for it at least you can enjoy it, even if it is two months later.

I wish you the best of luck.

Why not keep the cruise. Call your travel agent if you used on, or Carnival if you didn't. See if you can take the cruise 60 days later, like around February 23. If you've paid for it at least you can enjoy it, even if it is two months later.

I wish you the best of luck.

OP said he tried that and could not change the dates.

OP said he tried that and could not change the dates.

I only read post number one and responded to the question asked. Given Carnival's position, all I can say is that this is an unfortunate expensive lesson learned.

THank you for everybody response.

Yes I have tried my best, I have driven 20+ hours back and forth to NY. I have spent 2 weeks, taking 2 weeks personal off just to fight to get canada visa, Bahamas visa, OST visas. And the only one left is Bahamas visa. Canada visa is because Bahamas requires the US visa in the passport to be valid, but I have an approval of notice that shows it is extended. To no avail, i can't get any US appointment in Bahamas, neither can I get it in the Canada. And with the time constraint, there is no way I can make Bahamas visa in such a short period of time unless I have another week.

I have spend extra $1500 on paying courier, rooms, driving and still fail to meet the bahamas requirement because they insist on the sticker in the passport whereas all other adjacent islands and continent are fine with it.

Once again, I wished I have all the info rather than relying on visa lawyers decisions.

I guess this is the end of the world for me on 2012-12-21. Something to remember.

THank you for everybody response.

Yes I have tried my best, I have driven 20+ hours back and forth to NY. I have spent 2 weeks, taking 2 weeks personal off just to fight to get canada visa, Bahamas visa, OST visas. And the only one left is Bahamas visa. Canada visa is because Bahamas requires the US visa in the passport to be valid, but I have an approval of notice that shows it is extended. To no avail, i can't get any US appointment in Bahamas, neither can I get it in the Canada. And with the time constraint, there is no way I can make Bahamas visa in such a short period of time unless I have another week.

I have spend extra $1500 on paying courier, rooms, driving and still fail to meet the bahamas requirement because they insist on the sticker in the passport whereas all other adjacent islands and continent are fine with it.

Once again, I wished I have all the info rather than relying on visa lawyers decisions.

I guess this is the end of the world for me on 2012-12-21. Something to remember.

Wow, how unfortunate.

• 5 months later...

Back everybody. To those future reader. I made it to the cruise without any problem. When I walked into Bahamas, there wasn't anybody checking you, is only when you come back into the gate where it is guarded by 2-3 custom seating down. Everybody, will line up in a queue and check individually. Just show them your cruise card, and a form of ID such as passport and you are good to go.

So much of the running back and forth of trying to get visa and not used.

Overall, was a good trip.

Back everybody. To those future reader. I made it to the cruise without any problem. When I walked into Bahamas, there wasn't anybody checking you, is only when you come back into the gate where it is guarded by 2-3 custom seating down. Everybody, will line up in a queue and check individually. Just show them your cruise card, and a form of ID such as passport and you are good to go.

So much of the running back and forth of trying to get visa and not used.

Overall, was a good trip.

Welcome back.

Glad everything worked out all right for you and that you had a good cruise,

Archived