Elite Lounge change from 4 to 6pm to 5 to 7pm

hshowalter

Just off the Reflection 11/18 sailing where there were 1000 elite members:eek: Due to the large number, they opted to give each elite member 3 coupons for free drinks at mosst bars between 5-7. This serves both 1st and 2nd seating and I feel is a fair time. I loved this new system-- I was able to have a cocktail and then order a glass of wine and soda which I took into the dining room. DH ordered 3 sodas- one for the DR and 2 for the cabin after dinner.

I loved this system and hope they continue it. :)

I'm beginning to regret booking Celebrity with all this "Elite" nonsense.

Can anyone tell me where the Elite lounge is likely to be on the Reflection, so I can keep well away.

Don't let one or two people convince you that they are typical. Most captain's club elite passengers are just nice folks who have sailed with Celebrity a few times, some as little as four cruises. A few occasionally post here with a tone that they are somehow "special". Yes, they are special the same way that the airline/hotel point systems work...but the category is unrelated to personality, wealth, class and so on. Even if those folks weren't elite, they would want the same adoration/fawning if it were their first trip in the lowest price cabin onboard. Let me net this out...just ignore those folks.

However to answer your question, most of the elite cocktail events are in the sky lounge or michael's club; the breakfast is either in michael's club or the tuscan grill.

I hope you self centered 2nd sitting dinner people are happy.i was on the solstice recently & the boat drill the 1st night the Elite lounge was open the drill was not over until 5:45 so we had no lounge but 2nd sitting had over 1 hour .Other nights 1st sitting had 50 minutes & 2nd sitting had 2 hours & could order a drink just before 7pm & drink for another half hour. I was told by the Captains Club Hostess that the hours were changed because 2nd sitters did not want to go as early as 4 pm. I hope other istsitters let Celebrity know this is not fair & should go back to 4pm to 6pm

My kind of humor!!

BTW, A Baby Ruth should still be 5 cents, and a Nehi Orange should be 6 cents.

You have apparently been on over 90 celebrity cruises....and you are worried about being cheated out of a few dollars of drinks. Maybe you should think about booking aqua class or select dining on future celebrity cruises.

THIS IS THE GREATEST THREAD EVER!!!! :eek: :p However, I am confused maybe ignorant? I am sailing M class ship for the second time. I know NOTHING about drink vouchers or when/where I might be able to use such. (As for who is allowed to use them when...seems a bit absurd either way). If I am select dining, do I get my free drinks? When? Where? :D

Keep these fun comments coming.

I'm beginning to regret booking Celebrity with all this "Elite" nonsense.

Can anyone tell me where the Elite lounge is likely to be on the Reflection, so I can keep well away.

Don't worry. I did not see any of this stuff going on when I sailed last. I was Captains Club, no idea if "Elite" or not. I was invited to a few cocktail parties and breakfast everyday in Michael's. Just for giggles, I made it up to Michaels on the last day of our sailing just to check it out. Pretty much same food just displayed in some fancy way with some (one?) waiter walking through. It was almost completely void of other passengers.

It is unfortunate that Celebrity has chosen the word "Elite" for what is a "frequent flyer/sailor" program, nothing more. Some people will be snobby no matter where they are or how much money they do or don't have. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

THIS IS THE GREATEST THREAD EVER!!!! :eek: :p However, I am confused maybe ignorant? I am sailing M class ship for the second time. I know NOTHING about drink vouchers or when/where I might be able to use such. (As for who is allowed to use them when...seems a bit absurd either way). If I am select dining, do I get my free drinks? When? Where? :D

Keep these fun comments coming.

Drink vouchers were only used on a couple of transatlantic crossings where there were just too many "Elites" on board to accommodate them in the Sky Lounge. In those few cases, 3 dated drink vouchers were distributed to every Elite member for use at various bars around the ship only between 5-7 that day.

Don't worry. I did not see any of this stuff going on when I sailed last. I was Captains Club, no idea if "Elite" or not. I was invited to a few cocktail parties and breakfast everyday in Michael's. Just for giggles, I made it up to Michaels on the last day of our sailing just to check it out. Pretty much same food just displayed in some fancy way with some (one?) waiter walking through. It was almost completely void of other passengers.

It is unfortunate that Celebrity has chosen the word "Elite" for what is a "frequent flyer/sailor" program, nothing more. Some people will be snobby no matter where they are or how much money they do or don't have. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

Agree. We are Elite, yet have never been to an evening gathering. To be honest I can't see any advantage in going, as we already have inclusive drinks.

Drink vouchers were only used on a couple of transatlantic crossings where there were just too many "Elites" on board to accommodate them in the Sky Lounge. In those few cases, 3 dated drink vouchers were distributed to every Elite member for use at various bars around the ship only between 5-7 that day.

Dont get me wrong, I like the why it is now. But when I do the math. I travel in a group of 4 to 10 people. Our core group of 4 are Elite, 2 more will be Elite after our next cruise. Of the core 4, two of them are diabetics, the third will only have 3 drinks. If we each get 3 coupons. That means I get 9 drinks, each night. That is more than I drink in Michaels Lounge or the Sky Observation lounge. Our next cruise is in 36 days. I better start drinking more over the holidays. Richard:confused::D

Why can't elites who buy the drink packages

get a reduction (3drinks per day x $8 = $24 x 7days = $168)

As after all I have already paid for the free drinks I get.

When I visit the sky lounge jamboree

It always amazes me how folks who never drink

Rush to be the first to the social gatherings between 5 -7.

:D

uhoh! We're heading towards "I have a note from my doctor that I can't drink..as an elite, I should get an OBC instead of the drinks" or "I am allergic to the soap they use in the laundry so I can't make use of the coupon for a free laundry so, as an elite, I should get an OBC....."

If you want to buy the drink package, by all means do so....that has nothing to do with the elite event and you shouldn't get a discount unless that's a specific perk...maybe with the new level if it's ever announced ???

Agree. We are Elite, yet have never been to an evening gathering. To be honest I can't see any advantage in going, as we already have inclusive drinks.

We will be on our first Celebrity sailing and due to our RCI past guest status as D+ we will be elite but I have no interest in participating in these type events. I have attended a few on RCI and it's a turn off. I would much rather go to a lounge where it's not crowded and much more quiet and enjoy a drink there. I don't get excited over cheap alcohol and I am always amazed when someone gets upset over the thought of being cheated out of a few bucks worth of drinks.

uhoh! We're heading towards "I have a note from my doctor that I can't drink..as an elite, I should get an OBC instead of the drinks" or "I am allergic to the soap they use in the laundry so I can't make use of the coupon for a free laundry so, as an elite, I should get an OBC....."

If you want to buy the drink package, by all means do so....that has nothing to do with the elite event and you shouldn't get a discount unless that's a specific perk...maybe with the new level if it's ever announced ???

I was joking :D

This whole thing is very very amusing

OP have you taken you're tongue out of your cheek

Or as John McEnroe said "you cannot be serious"

Can you?? :D

Forgive me, but I can't see what is so wrong with sitting down with newly made friends for a drink before dinner at the Elite event.

MY DH and I usually have one cocktail, he a rum and Diet Coke and me a vodka martini or Cosmopolitan, before dinner. If we are really enjoying the conversation, we'll order a second drink.

I have gotten great tips about ports we are about to sail to and other helpful information about cruising from those who have cruised to ports I haven't yet visited. We've had fabulous service and attention from the Captain's Club representative who can be very helpful with other matters on the ship.

We very much enjoy the social exchange and have never met anyone unpleasant at any Elite event. We have met people that we've kept in touch with over time whom we'd not have met otherwise.

We also appreciate the recognition of our loyalty to the cruise line. Two drinks per evening are a savings over a long cruise.

Frankly, I find no reason for all the negativity about this.

I have no idea how they handle the Elite cocktails on my upcoming Eclipse- Cruise- the last cruises I missed that special hour always, because it interfered with my plans. I don´t want to rush to get dressed for dinner just because I have a free drink. I always take the second seating to have more time to get dressed wihtout any hury. The concept giving out those vouchers is not bad, so one can choose whatever lounge or bar they may prefer- as long as it is listed.

Like Kellie we also enjoy the Elite drinks in the evening for mostly social reasons but are not indifferent to the monetary value either. We usually have 2 drinks each, we are about to embark on a 28 night cruise and if we visit the lounge on 20 of those nights those drinks would cost around $600. So, being completely honest, yes, if we can spend an hour in pleasant company, enjoy a couple of drinks and save a bit of cash - what's wrong with that. It took us many years to get to this frequent cruiser status and we are going to enjoy it.

We were on the Solstice in April and we just got off the Constellation Saturday. On both cruises the Elite lounge was open from 4-6.

First we've heard of that 4-6 timeframe. It's been 5-7 on all the other ships. :confused:

Harumph! (snorting sound)

Well, this is clearly a case of class discrimination. The nerve of all you elitist self-centered 1st and 2nd seating people, totally ignoring us select dining people.

You will get no sympathy here as we are the ones who really have it tough, needing to decide each day whether to go to the lounge before or after dinner.

It's time to STORM THE FORWARD OBSEVATION LOUNGE ! :eek:

Liberte !!! Egalite!!! Fraternite !!! (sorry, no accent marks on my keyboard :o)

We are OBLIGATED to proclaim a NEW Social Contract ...with EQUAL rights... (AND FREE DRINKS) for ALL! Not just the Bourgeois and Elites! :p

No longer will WE, the oppressed and downtrodden classics, selects, and yea, even newbies, continue to allow ourselves to be EXPLOITED and be left to BUY OUR OWN DRINKS!!! :rolleyes:

Rise up! Rise up and JOIN ME! TOGETHER we can and WILL usher in a NEW ORDER, and a build a BRAVE NEW WORLD! :D

(It's only a matter of time now! I can FEEL the tide rising! Next stop... the SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS!!! :cool:)

Archived