Elite Lounge change from 4 to 6pm to 5 to 7pm

hshowalter

I hope you self centered 2nd sitting dinner people are happy.i was on the solstice recently & the boat drill the 1st night the Elite lounge was open the drill was not over until 5:45 so we had no lounge but 2nd sitting had over 1 hour .Other nights 1st sitting had 50 minutes & 2nd sitting had 2 hours & could order a drink just before 7pm & drink for another half hour. I was told by the Captains Club Hostess that the hours were changed because 2nd sitters did not want to go as early as 4 pm. I hope other istsitters let Celebrity know this is not fair & should go back to 4pm to 6pm

I hope you self centered 2nd sitting dinner people are happy.i was on the solstice recently & the boat drill the 1st night the Elite lounge was open the drill was not over until 5:45 so we had no lounge but 2nd sitting had over 1 hour .Other nights 1st sitting had 50 minutes & 2nd sitting had 2 hours & could order a drink just before 7pm & drink for another half hour. I was told by the Captains Club Hostess that the hours were changed because 2nd sitters did not want to go as early as 4 pm. I hope other istsitters let Celebrity know this is not fair & should go back to 4pm to 6pm

What are you talking about? The Elite lounge has always been closed the first night of embarkation on all the Celebrity ships I've been on.

Yes, we self-centered, 2nd seating Elites are very happy. :D:D Actually, I prefer the 5-7 hours mainly because the 4-6 interferred with shore excursions.

WINE O I said the 1st night the lounge was open not embarkstion night. the boat drill was 2nd day onboard.

I did not know that Celebrity ever did the evacuation muster on the second day. All cruises I have been on since 2009 have been done about 4pm, just prior to embarkation. Thanks for this new information, I guess.

Good grief! :eek::eek: I thought I had seen just about everything on these boards, but this post "takes the cake"!

Care for a little cheese with your whine?

(And, oh, by the way, I am a "1stsitter" and feel it's a fair policy...........)

Good grief! :eek::eek: I thought I had seen just about everything on these boards, but this post "takes the cake"!

(And, oh, by the way, I am a "1stsitter" and feel it's a fair policy...........)

I second this! The change has been good, since you really do not need 2 hrs. in the lounge! The 1st seaters go from 5-6 and then it empties out to leave room for the 2nd seaters from 6-7. Seems to work really well in the times we have gone.

I can tell this is going to be a great thread.

It will be like watching a tennis match.:rolleyes:

the ball is now in the firstsitters court.:)

Harumph! (snorting sound)

Well, this is clearly a case of class discrimination. The nerve of all you elitist self-centered 1st and 2nd seating people, totally ignoring us select dining people.

You will get no sympathy here as we are the ones who really have it tough, needing to decide each day whether to go to the lounge before or after dinner.

I did not know that Celebrity ever did the evacuation muster on the second day. All cruises I have been on since 2009 have been done about 4pm, just prior to embarkation. Thanks for this new information, I guess.

I can't even remember back a month... but if a ship overnights in a port such as Venice, the "muster" might have taken place prior to sailing on day two with a noted impact on the number of people rushing to the lounge for a quick ten minute drink up in Skylounge prior to sailaway and early dinner.

Let me put my vote in for timeless, any-lounge vouchers to replace the fixed social hour.

You do realize that your post expresses the very same self centered attitude that you're accusing hypothetical second seating straw guests of having? ...Just checking!

:eek:

Agree with Jack, has been 5-7 for pretty close to a year and I don't remember any complaints on this board about it except yours.

As a matter of fact, on the S class, I believe that it has been about two years, or maybe even more. I am not certain of the M class, since we have not sailed it since the advent of the S class.

You have apparently been on over 90 celebrity cruises....and you are worried about being cheated out of a few dollars of drinks. Maybe you should think about booking aqua class or select dining on future celebrity cruises.

I just can't imagine being upset over one or two lousy free drinks. <confuddled>

I know where to find a bar if I need a drink *that* badly. :D

It won't break my bank and its certainly not something I'd rush around to get just "because its free!"

Loved your response, Beth.... We are also early diners and think the elite hours are just fine. We're not interested in having more than a couple of glasses of vino on the way to dinner.

Archived