Last year today

josie724

I feel your pain and am right there with you! This is the first year in many that we're not going away for the some part of the winter. With a fall cruise and a spring land vacation, we'll be "enjoying" winter at home this year. :(

we were boarding our flight to FLL on our way to the Caribbean on the NA.How I wish we could turn back time. 19 degrees here this morning. :(

I, too, feel your pain, Josie. Frigid temps here, too. Even the dog doesn't want to go out!

Its been cold and damp here, but nothing close to what the rest of your are having. I feel like I'm living in the Pacific Northest West, instead of Southern California. Today is warmer but we're having Santa Ana's winds, around 40 miles an hour. Yard and pool are a mess.

Sorry if I seem to be gloating.

Why should I go to a crowded island when ours is uncrowded except for a few blocks?

I guess that's why we have so many nice visitors from up North during the winter.

Really cold today, bet it got down to 50.

7 degrees here in Indianapolis this morning with a foot of snow on the ground but........... in 2 weeks we will be in Fort Lauderdale waiting to start our adventure of 42 days on DAM ships in the Caribbean:D:D:D

7 degrees here in Indianapolis this morning with a foot of snow on the ground but........... in 2 weeks we will be in Fort Lauderdale waiting to start our adventure of 42 days on DAM ships in the Caribbean:D:D:D

Three weeks for us...and then 21 days to look forward to on the Ryndam! We may stay an additional week in FL to put of the misery of returning home to these cold temps. Our dog sitter is available til the end of February!

we were boarding our flight to FLL on our way to the Caribbean on the NA.How I wish we could turn back time. 19 degrees here this morning. :(

Josie, it was 8 degrees here yesterday morning..today is a bit warmer. I'm sure it's close to the same where you are. You need to book a cruise!

How about I make you feel better:) It's warmed up here - only -12 degrees today (that's celsius, not fahrenheit):eek:

No escape for us - we had our late fall cruise and our spring one is on the horizon - so I guess we'll just have to endure the winter:(

How about I make you feel better:) It's warmed up here - only -12 degrees today (that's celsius, not fahrenheit):eek:

No escape for us - we had our late fall cruise and our spring one is on the horizon - so I guess we'll just have to endure the winter:(

Oh my, Jacqui! I guess I have no reason to complain. :eek:

Josie, it was 8 degrees here yesterday morning..today is a bit warmer. I'm sure it's close to the same where you are. You need to book a cruise!

I feel for you ladies, but at least you have cruises to look forward to....enjoy

20 degrees here this morning when I left the house. Can't wait for my cruise and the Caribbean. People ask me what islands we're going to, and I tell them I don't really know, and don't really care, as long as the weather is warm.The only trouble with cruising is when I return home, I find the cold even more unbearable. Some nights when we want to go out to eat, it's just too cold for me to venture outside.

Three weeks for us...and then 21 days to look forward to on the Ryndam! We may stay an additional week in FL to put of the misery of returning home to these cold temps. Our dog sitter is available til the end of February!

Sheila, isn't it nice to be able to do that now that you have no responsibilities at the inn? Next year, I'm going to do the same. I can't leave my new dog for that long. Never thought I'd say that.

Sheila, isn't it nice to be able to do that now that you have no responsibilities at the inn? Next year, I'm going to do the same. I can't leave my new dog for that long. Never thought I'd say that.

Carol...we (the inn) were always closed end of October to end of April...so it's not any different in that regard. But, if we want to, we will be able to travel May through October which will be nice.

I must say, the only reason I will cut our vacation short is to come home to Jessie...I know that we will miss her being away 24 days..so for that reason, may not extend our vacation even though our dog sitter is available. She adds up, too. $40 a day to "stay over".

Archived