"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

I am going on the 1/14 cruise out of Baltimore. Thanks for taking all of us on your cruise.

What are you using to be able to post the map of where the ship is with everyone of your postings. I love it.

Sorry to continue to hijack your thread.

Another option is to sit with your "normal" group but when you get to the bottom of the ramp ask the person greating you if you can use the other entry. This is what my mom sometimes does since she has knee and back issues.

Thanks! This is very helpful.

Hubby is wanting to know what website or program you are using to post your location with the GPS and info.

I'll help chime in here for Radio since I saw the answer to this one.

To get the "My Location" pics is very simple. I use a Garmin GPSmap 76CSx and connect it to my laptop with a USB cable. This provides coordinates to my navigation software (DeLorme Street Atlas). I then upload that photo to my server and post it to Cruise Critic.

Subscribing, thanks for the ride-a-long.

I'm dissapponted to hear that the freestyle machines are not installed yet esppecially after RCCL saying thay they'd be there post refit. To hear that they're Onboard but just haven't been hooked up yet is hopeful though. Here's to hoping they're up and running before we are aboard her in March - we just got off Explorer and the Freesytle machines were AWESOME.

Can't say I'm not a little dissapponted to learn that the insides didn't get any refit at all, but meh - it's not going to run my excitement, and besides, the whole reason we book insides anyways is because we are hardly ever there. ;)

We can't wait to get aboard and I'll be living vicariously through your posts in the coming days.

Radio, it is a beautiful thing that you are keeping us up to date on your cruise. We are boarding EOS on the 26th with 22 of our closest friends. Most of us are on Deck 4 and wondering if the outside cabins on this deck received any upgrades? DH and I have sailed the EOS right after she was stretched. We love her and the Grandeur so happy to hear she is coming back to Baltimore. Our itienary is prett much the same except for St. Thomas as we will be going to St. Lucia. Keep us posted on what you are planning to do in each port. The only excursion we have booked so far is the Cabana in Labadee. So looking forward to being on the water and glad we also have 4 sailing days.

Enjly your trip and keep the posts coming.

Marita :)

Will the 3 formals be the first night at sea down, St.Thomas, first night back?

3 formal nights ? Where did you see that ? I am on the 12 night cruise starting Feb 4th we were told in our Docs that there are only 2 for our cruise.

3 formal nights ? Where did you see that ? I am on the 12 night cruise starting Feb 4th we were told in our Docs that there are only 2 for our cruise.

Usually on a 12 night cruise there are 3 formal nights. But, in the past we did not take any formal clothes and decided to eat in the Windjammer. the next night our waiter asked why we were not at dinner the night before and we told him we didn't bring the dress up clothes this time and he told us it didn't matter we could have attended anyway. To me to ask for the formal nights is a hardship for cruisers after spending the $$$ for the cruise they may not have the $$ for formal wear. Just my opinion...should be like a wedding "formal wear optional".

Sailing on the Enchantment 1/14 and docs say 2 formal nights, and rccl book says 3 nights. Called C&A and they said to follow what your docs say. Those of you who have had 3 formal nights, do you happen to know what the docs said? So confusing.

Sailing on the Enchantment 1/14 and docs say 2 formal nights, and rccl book says 3 nights. Called C&A and they said to follow what your docs say. Those of you who have had 3 formal nights, do you happen to know what the docs said? So confusing.

Sorry I don't remember what the docs said. Having done the same cruise before I probably didn't even read the docs.

I would just take clothes for 2 formal nights and if there are 3 just wear one of the outfits twice. No one will notice! Don't stress over it.

All you need for formal wear is: men...a shirt tie and suit...some men don't even wear the suit coat. Women wear dress slacks and sparkling top or a dressy dress. Some men do wear tuxedos but not my husband. Royal is liberal with their policy...Celebrity is more strict.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone !

Even though we are not in the Caribbean yet, today I feel like we are sailing in the Caribbean with a perfect weather day. We have sunny skies with warm temps. The seas are very calm and are a beautiful shade of blue.

When I woke up this morning, it felt like today would be a perfect day and it was. The attitude of all passengers is a lot more optimistic because of the warm temperatures today. Many have been laying out in the sun while others are relaxing with a book.

I don’t’ participate in too many of the activities as my activities while cruising are very simple:

Eat good food

Drink good coffee

“Watch the news”

Make a post

Repeat

We are sailing at 21 knots and still have 523nm to go. Tomorrow morning we should see a considerable amount of ship traffic as we come within 50nm of San Juan.

I would post more but it is almost time for lunch and I can’t imagine the horrors of missing lunch on a cruise ship.

Here are a few pics from today. I started this upload at 1pm, but the Wi-Fi connection for some reason is very slow. . .I decided to take a nap and wait a few minutes to try again.

Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for tuning in.

Radio

I was greeted after breakfast today with a beautiful sunrise

C14.JPG

Today should be a lovely day, with blue skies and calm seas

C11.JPG

All is quiet this morning up on Deck 10

C15.JPG

This afternoon the sun was warm and passengers were out enjoying the

sun !

C17.JPG

Many passengers were relaxing and reading with a cool breeze.

C19.JPG

Ahh. . .blue skies, and blue water is what make a relaxing cruise.

C21.JPG

I can tell you that we had 3 formal nights on the 12 day cruises we have done out of Baltimore. (three times we did this iten. and all 3 had 3 formal nights)

Maybe they have changed it.

I have cruised enough with Royal to know to expect the unexpected.

Usually on a 12 night cruise there are 3 formal nights. But, in the past we did not take any formal clothes and decided to eat in the Windjammer. the next night our waiter asked why we were not at dinner the night before and we told him we didn't bring the dress up clothes this time and he told us it didn't matter we could have attended anyway. To me to ask for the formal nights is a hardship for cruisers after spending the $$$ for the cruise they may not have the $$ for formal wear. Just my opinion...should be like a wedding "formal wear optional".

I was on the Explorer last spring and only had 2 formal nights.

I have seen it both ways

ah, 18 days until our embarkation on Jan 26th on Enchantment... thanks for the whet of my whistle to see what you're doing this time, and to give us ideas of what we want to do when we go! We are ready for some warmer days in the southern Caribbean! Riding along with you on here. :)

Ken

Radio, thank you so much for the updates. I am crossing my fingers that my son will be all recovered out of the hospital and we can still go on our February 16th sailing on the Enchantment. The ship looks awesome from the referb. I am so in need of this sailing.

Smitty

We are on the same cruise 2/4. Good question! I hope Radio can confirm for us. :>)!

Archived