"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

Love waking up each day to your live reports and seeing your photos. Especially when I look outside and see everything blanketed in a foot of snow. Would love to see a photo of how Park Cafe looks on Enchantment, it's a nice spot in Central Park on Oasis and am curious as to how it is being incorporated onto ships during the refurbishments.

St. Thomas? I thought it was St. Criox. My itinerary for our sailing on EOS on January 26 said St. Croix? Is it the same thing, or am I just mistaken?

Our itienary for the January 26 is definitely St. Croix..and I am looking forward to visiting that island.

Radio, sure hope they get the internet fixed soon....going into NO PICTURES WITHDRAWAL!!!!!! :eek: ;

A common theme amongst many old threads I read about Enchantment (when we were investigating before booking her) that the Internet was lackluster and frequently offline or problematic. It seems like despite the addition of ship wide WiFi, the problems were not solved. I would venture to guess that the addition of easily accessable and pervasive WiFi might actually have made them worse if the underlying problems were not solved at the same time.

Loving your live updates! You sailed on her to Bermuda in June right before my husband and I took our first cruise, and now you're on her again, and we're sailing on January 26th! Love seeing all of the pictures and hearing your take on everything.

Sounds like the balcony rooms really got an upgrade (that's what we had last time, deck 7 balcony). This time we're going cheaper and did an interior room on Deck 7. Hoping for at least a flat screen television in our room...

Last week it was offered' date=' but never available. They substituted a strange scallop dish served in the escargot plate that sort of looked like escargot. It was not very good.[/quote']

Bummer. Last year there was a snail shortage and they served baby scallops or bay scallops in a crock like escargot and it was not very satisfying. So when I saw that they were offered what looked like every night I got excited. Celebrity does that too..or did.

Radio, I almost missed tuning in again!!!!! So glad I found you!

Sorry to hear that you are having so many internet problems.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! I'm all caught up with you now and enjoying your live reports.

Thanks so much!

Cheryl

No there is only 2 formal nights on a 9 night cruise...I am doing it in 3 weeks and have done it in the past!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The captain can also adjust/change the formal nights. The last time I was on the Enchantment we had 3 and was only scheduled for 2 in the cruise booklet. That also happened to me on a 12 night Explorer too, only scheduled for 2, but had 3 because the captain wanted it that way, it's no big deal, always have a 3rd option that is dressy, just not alot of bling.

The captain can also adjust/change the formal nights. The last time I was on the Enchantment we had 3 and was only scheduled for 2 in the cruise booklet. That also happened to me on a 12 night Explorer too, only scheduled for 2, but had 3 because the captain wanted it that way, it's no big deal, always have a 3rd option that is dressy, just not alot of bling.

Oh thats interesting, I better bring extra Formal outfits...I think there is only 2 but I guess it can always change then..thanks for the info :)

We are using an iPad and have had excellent Internet service for the past 12 days with the exception of the one day that they were working on it (San Juan). We have been sending emails with photos at a decent speed and also receiving same. We are very pleased with the Internet onboard.

Right now, the Internet speed is almost as fast as at home.

They are continuing to adjust and add to the improvements.

I am impressed with what has been done as well as the continuing effort.

Bummer. Last year there was a snail shortage and they served baby scallops or bay scallops in a crock like escargot and it was not very satisfying. So when I saw that they were offered what looked like every night I got excited. Celebrity does that too..or did.

No escargot on Oasis cruise over New Year's Eve.

No escargot on Oasis cruise over New Year's Eve.

There was none on our 10 night Explorer cruise 11/13 either. We never did get a straight answer why, but its looking like it might be a fleet wide thing going on.

Not a big deal, but notable.

There was none on our 10 night Explorer cruise 11/13 either. We never did get a straight answer why, but its looking like it might be a fleet wide thing going on.

Not a big deal, but notable.

No escargot on the Dec 17th sailing of the Jewel the reason there is a shortage .

Archived