"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

We are using an iPad and have had excellent Internet service for the past 12 days with the exception of the one day that they were working on it (San Juan). We have been sending emails with photos at a decent speed and also receiving same. We are very pleased with the Internet onboard.

Right now, the Internet speed is almost as fast as at home.

They are continuing to adjust and add to the improvements.

I am impressed with what has been done as well as the continuing effort.

It's so strange that you have internet service and Radio doesn't??? Do you have to pay a wi-fi charge to use your iPad?

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!

Cheryl

Just tuning in and bummed to not find any new pictures!

When we sailed a B2B last June on the Enchantment, there were several days that the internet was completely down or really slow. I had to go to guest relations many times and they credited back all of my internet package charges!

Mark - have you ever been over to St. John's when in St. Thomas? Can't beat Trunk Bay :)

Hope the issue is resolved soon and we get some new pictures...thanks again!

There was none on our 10 night Explorer cruise 11/13 either. We never did get a straight answer why, but its looking like it might be a fleet wide thing going on.

Not a big deal, but notable.

We were on the cruise prior to yours, it was a members cruise, and we had escargot option available every night. It was the brand new menus that RCCL just rolled out on the lines. My daughter & I each had it about 3 times out of 11 nights of dining. It was available as a gluten free option, but I see from Radio's posting of the menu's they are not listed with the icon now. I notice that there are some other changes on these menus that weren't on the Ex in Nov., and like I mentioned the Explorer was using the new menus on that sailing. Perhaps if Radio sees the post, he may ask if there has been some menu tweeking already since they first rolled them out.

We were on the cruise prior to yours, it was a members cruise, and we had escargot option available every night. It was the brand new menus that RCCL just rolled out on the lines. My daughter & I each had it about 3 times out of 11 nights of dining. It was available as a gluten free option, but I see from Radio's posting of the menu's they are not listed with the icon now. I notice that there are some other changes on these menus that weren't on the Ex in Nov., and like I mentioned the Explorer was using the new menus on that sailing. Perhaps if Radio sees the post, he may ask if there has been some menu tweeking already since they first rolled them out.

They were listed on the menus last week, but "unavailable".

Radio, I'm starting to get the shakes... please hurry! I'm guessing wifi is rare commodity in Samana, DR.

They were listed on the menus last week' date=' but "unavailable".

Radio, I'm starting to get the shakes... please hurry! I'm guessing wifi is rare commodity in Samana, DR.[/quote']

The icon I was referring to is beside the escargot - it is a symbol of wheat -> which means can be made gluten free. It was on the NEW menu back in Nov on the Ex, from Radios posting of the menus on EN that icon is gone. The NEW menus on EX also look different than the NEW menus on EN. That is what I was referring to being listed with icons and having Radio ask if the new menus have been tweeked since they first came out. I do notice changes, even if very subtle.

OHH NOOO! No escargot? Don't tell me there's another shortage!!! :eek: Maybe they should go back to one or two nights!

If there's an escargot shortage, maybe they can substitute with calamari. There are massive numbers of giant squid in Southern California.;):D

Just tuning in and bummed to not find any new pictures!

When we sailed a B2B last June on the Enchantment, there were several days that the internet was completely down or really slow. I had to go to guest relations many times and they credited back all of my internet package charges!

Mark - have you ever been over to St. John's when in St. Thomas? Can't beat Trunk Bay

Hope the issue is resolved soon and we get some new pictures...thanks again![/quote

Absolutely, love Trunk Bay...a little piece of heaven. :)

If there's an escargot shortage, maybe they can substitute with calamari. There are massive numbers of giant squid in Southern California.;):D

They do have a substitute at least they did 3 weeks ago . it was scallops.

Medic Ken, thanks for the update on Radio. I'm sure he is super frustrated about all of this!

I wonder why that other couple is able to post from their iPad if there is no internet connectivity?

Radio, I hope you are at least enjoying the cruise!

Cheryl

** DATELINE JANUARY 10, 2013**

The Internet is back on at Enchantment of the Seas. . . After 3 days of agony, I am now able to post. I know, I know. . .Why are you in agony Radio ? You are on a ship in the Caribbean. . .

Yes, but I love, love, love to post “LIVE” while on a cruise and it was just cramping my style. Anyway. . We are back and below is my post that I made last night while on aour way to St. Thomas. . . Here we go. . .

Hello everyone. . .I just got back to the ship from beautiful St. Thomas. I was hoping I could get a Wi-Fi signal from one of the local vendors here. I was able to pick up several signals. . .but was unable to connect to any of them. I could even pick up the Wi-Fi signal from Grand Princess and Norwegian Epic. . .Ooops.

My last chance for a Wi-Fi port is tomorrow in Samana Bay, where we will be anchored. I might be able to get a signal from the Hotel on Cayo Leventado, or at the Samana Bay Marina. Other than that I will have to wait until I get back to Baltimore on Monday. . . I hope they get it fixed soon. . . Many passengers and Crew rely on this signal to socialize with family and friends (Or post “LIVE” for Cruise Critic)

It was nice to make it up to Paradise Point this afternoon. The landowners now operate the property and are doing some major renovations to Paradise point.

There will be a new bar, restaurant, and shops. . . They will also start the new website for Paradise Point soon. I did have a Bushwacker. . .Wow, that drink packs a punch. . .it will cost you $9.75. . .Ouch !

Here are a few pics from today. . . Thanks for the nice comments.

Radio

My first glimpse of St. Thomas very early. . .

E1.JPG

We have to turn hard starboard to get lined up with the pier at Havensight

E2.JPG

Enchantment of the Seas approaches the pier slowly. . .

E3.JPG

It appears that we may have another sunny day !

E5.JPG

Blue skies on a cruise while in St. Thomas. . . I am a happy boy. . .

E7.JPG

We are docked directly behind Grand Princess

E8.JPG

Here are a few more pics from St. Thomas. . .

Radio

The taxis are lining up awaiting passengers. . .

E9A.JPG

It’s time to go ashore and get my rental car from Budget

E10.JPG

Welcome to St. Thomas

E52.JPG

Budget Car Rental is very close to the Ship. . .

E14.JPG

My Cabin is on Deck 7 (STB)

E12.JPG

My first stop of the day is the beautiful Sapphire Beach Resort.

E15.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

One of the things that makes Sapphire Beach great is the water. . .

E16.JPG

There are beautiful flowers everywhere

E18.JPG

There is shade ever you need it. . .

E19.JPG

The water here is very calm

E24.JPG

This is a view from a long rock jetty facing the beach (to protect the beach area)

E25.JPG

The beach area was beautiful. . .

E20A.JPG

Here are the last few from St. Thomas. . .I will post many more when I return home.

I will post Samana pics tonight. . . I want to hurry and post as many as I can . . .just in case there is another problem.

Radio

They have the best views and the best drinks up on Paradise Point.

E46.JPG

I drove up, but some people take the tram cars up here. . .

E47.JPG

Norwegian Epic, Enchantment of the Seas and Grand Princess

E44.JPG

I can see Allure of the seas and Norwegian Sun from up here as well

E48.JPG

The beautiful Enchantment of the Seas from way up on Paradise Point.

E49.JPG

I am back home for a few more nights. . .

E57.JPG

No escargot on Oasis cruise over New Year's Eve.

Ran out on the Brilliance early December, and none on the Freedom mid December

either. :(

Darn illusive slimey but tasty little critters!! ;)

Radio:

As always...fantastic live reports and beautiful pictures!! :D

Feels like I was just there....oh wait...I was! Thanks for letting

me revisit my trip there! ;)

Archived