"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 5, 2013

Radio

Radio called and told me No internet on ship. Also no WiFi in Samana or Labadee. He will post as soon as it is fixed

Thanks for that. Samana is one port I'm anxious to see pictures of, I know nothing about it. I can wait though. I don't know Radio as well as you guys, but I suspect while he loves reporting live, I'll bet he manages to occupy his time.

I'm really enjoying your review and pictures... sorry if this is a stupid question.. I booked the Enchatment of the Seas for a 4 day cruise in feb of 2014.. will this be the same ship as the one you are on? do they reposition the ship to florida port departures at some point?

They are retireing/sold the ship that was in PC, Ench (this ship) will be taking it's place... same ship.

Ok... in the time it took me to get through that page, read the question, post a reply, 4 other did so.LOL

Radio.. Do you have an OTW, or Hillside cabana?

They are retireing/sold the ship that was in PC, Ench (this ship) will be taking it's place... same ship.

Ok... in the time it took me to get through that page, read the question, post a reply, 4 other did so.LOL

Radio.. Do you have an OTW, or Hillside cabana?

Which ship have they sold/retired?

Cheryl

Monarch of the Seas has been transferred to Pullmantur where she will join her sister Sovereign. It is likely that she'll be renamed to just Monarch. :)

Thanks for that info! I saw one of the Pulmantur ships when I was in Ilfracombe, England last May. It wasn't the Sovereign though. I can't remember the name.

What a great review! We just booked Enchantment for our March cruise. One of the cabins booked is 7104. I looked on all deck plans, but can't find this cabin. Anyone knows why? Anyone knows where it is?

It is by the elevator on Deck 7

What a great review! We just booked Enchantment for our March cruise. One of the cabins booked is 7104. I looked on all deck plans, but can't find this cabin. Anyone knows why? Anyone knows where it is?

It's dead center of the ship, port side, at the elevators by the centrum!!! Fantastic area to be in!!!!!!!

Cheryl

ok.. I was wondering not being an experienced cruiser didn't know if they had muli ships with the name.

Ship names are unique within the company. So there is only ONE Enchantment of the Seas. There is also only one Freedom of the Seas, but there is a Carnival Freedom. :)

My wife and I are also meeting the EOS on Monday for our 12 days of sun and fun. Your reporting has been exceptional. Should we invest in the ship's wifi given all of your issues this week?

Have fun on your cruise, we will be getting boarding when you return. Cannot wait! :)

The Enchantment is being repositioned, to Florida, in April. I'll miss it, out of Baltimore, but plan to savor my upcoming experience, in 3 days! You'll LOVE THIS SHIP!:)

Radio, once again, I so appreciate all the unselfish time & effort, in doing this LIVE report. It's actually helped to get me through some rough times, at home! Thank you, so much & have a safe return!:)

Thanks for the very nice comments, gingerma. . . I just got back to the ship, and I need coffee. Lots of pics to be posted today. I had Cabana S-3 on Barefoot Beach !

Radio

;);)

Barefoot Beach Cabana Map

LABCAB2.JPG

Labadee Map

LAB2.JPG

ok.. I was wondering not being an experienced cruiser didn't know if they had muli ships with the name.

Ship names are unique within the company. So there is only ONE Enchantment of the Seas. There is also only one Freedom of the Seas, but there is a Carnival Freedom. :)

I'm pretty sure Royal has not reused any names yet, but it's fairly routine in the cruise industry, usually (but not always with sequential numbering). For example on HAL I sailed Rotterdam V in 1997 and Rotterdam VI in 2011. Cunard has Queen Mary 2 and had the legendary Queen Elizabeth 2 but their newest ship has gone back to just Queen Elizabeth.

I figure some day Royal is likely to reuse a name but they haven't yet.

Roy

Wonder how that Dragon's Breath zipline excursion is? Did you do that one? I want to try that, but my ONLY fear is the fear of heights, but I think once I get going, I'll be fine. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I wonder if the place you start is at the mountain side, or do you have to climb a tower to get to the starting position. sheesh.

I am hoping we have warm weather when we're there in 2 weeks! Can't wait!

Wonder how that Dragon's Breath zipline excursion is? Did you do that one? I want to try that, but my ONLY fear is the fear of heights, but I think once I get going, I'll be fine. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I wonder if the place you start is at the mountain side, or do you have to climb a tower to get to the starting position. sheesh.

I am hoping we have warm weather when we're there in 2 weeks! Can't wait!

I did the zipline a couple of years ago and it was great. You will get an explanation of the equipment and procedure along with a practice at the small zipline. Then you board the open air bus out of the compound and up the mountain to the main line. The tower has steps to climb but they are no problem and the view is terrific from atop the platform. There are several ziplines which have different weight limits. Don't worry about the height, just look forward and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the very nice comments, gingerma. . . I just got back to the ship, and I need coffee. Lots of pics to be posted today. I had Cabana S-3 on Barefoot Beach !

Radio

;);)

We had S-3 just over a year ago when we were on FR. Nice shady location and close to the buffet :-)

The zipline at Labadee is a riot! My fear is not of heights so much but falling from them, if that makes sense...looking over a cliff or any height gives me the willies! As long as I was securely buckled in, I was fine and it was so much fun! No skill or athleticism needed! We did practice on a smaller run. We were there quite a few years ago, so maybe this has changed...but let me tell you, the drive up the mountain was WILD! No seatbelts, no doors, just an open jeep going really fast up a very curvy road. We get to the top and there were armed guards..our daughter thought we were going to be shot until I explained to her that they were protecting us...do it...it is so much fun!

Archived