Independence... We're Here!!

Ok, I am aboard the Independence and yes pier 29 is a total nightmare, ship is in disarray... Oh my....:eek:

Just Kidding, so far so great!!!! Pier 29 was actually a breeze, we arrived here around 11:15 and were on the ship by 11:45, yes the pier isnt the best looking pier on the block but baby we moved right through....We are Platinum and they have the priority line which was quite a bit shorter at the security check point, the actual line to check in was pretty short as well, maybe 6 people deep in the platinum line, so it ran very smooth. Plus it was raining, so all in all not a bad check in.

So far, and again these are my observations and only my observations, every single crew member that we have passed or encountered has stopped and said hello or welcome aboard. Seeing lots of smiling faces and just a pleasant crew, so far, now it could change I know, but so far so good. :D

The ship is gorgeous, 1st time on a Freedom class so I can only compare to Voyager class but everything is in "ship" top shape:D The X-mas decor is down tho:(

There is a live band out playing right now by the pool but I dont know their name yet, I will find out.

I will try and post a couple pics before we leave... Chops tonight so Ill let you know about that, I read some bad service reviews lately, so we'll se if they have straightened them out.

TTYL....

Ok here are a few pics.

20130107_123654.jpg

20130107_135729.jpg

Pier 29 about 2pm

20130107_140457.jpg

Pier 29 about noon--Not too bad..

20130107_124348.jpg

We are sailing here in about 10 minutes, thank you all for the well wishes and I will do my best to post along the way...

Oh, the compass says the Caribbean band is "Extra band" does that sound right? Rock the boat is onboard as well....

Hi, I've never heard of that band...but I hope they're a true Carib band! I love reggae...let me know if you listen to them throughout the week and if they're actually a reggae band.

Also, thanks for the pics, ship looks beautiful! Just watched you guys sail out...hope you have great weather and smooth sailing.

That is GREAT! I can't wait to see the ship...stepping foot on it at first is an amazing feeling.

Glad you're having a good time, have fun!!

Let me know if the band is a true Caribbean band, or some other type...thanks :)

I didn't realize that this is your first time on Indy coming up. It really is a beautiful ship. I am really getting excited to get back aboard. Now that the holidays are over, that is my next big thing to look forward to. You should have booked the 8 nighter!;):p

I didn't realize that this is your first time on Indy coming up. It really is a beautiful ship. I am really getting excited to get back aboard. Now that the holidays are over, that is my next big thing to look forward to. You should have booked the 8 nighter!;):p

Hey OB!

Not only is it my first time on this ship...it's also my first time on anything larger than a Voyager Class....my fam and I were always "small ship" people. Can't wait to see Indy and roam her decks! I am getting so excited too!

I know, I should have booked the 8 night...I would've been onboard with you. Are you packed yet? lol!

Archived