Princess Canceled world cruise for 2014

shootingstar07

Just a guess based on some information we were given a couple years ago.

The Panama Canal is being widened. Princess plans to put the grand class ships there and move the coral and island ships to more exotic locations.. This is what we heard onboard a ship about 18 months ago. Therefore the pacific has been moved.

I am sorry for the disappointment.

If Princess moves all the small ships to foreign ports they will lose us as customers. We DO NOT like her larger ships. I thought the Island and the Coral were perfect for the Canal and liked the Pacific in Alaska.

If I want to go on a mega ship, I would choose the Oasis or Allure. They have so much more to offer.

~Doris~>Who will be on the Pacific next week.

I am not sure if the Pacific ever did it, but the Ocean (nee Tahitian) did 14 day Alaskan cruises for a year or two. Maybe 2007 or 2008. They were R/T Vancouver

We did the Alakan Connesieur Cruise on the Pacific. It was great because we could get up close to glaciers and into tight ports that the larger ships will never see. We loved the Ocean Princess for her European itineraries.

~Doris~

Indeed. This is where the Queen Mary 2 docked last time she was there across from the Sydney Opera House.

Prime spot if you ask me. :)

Unless you are staying at the Old Sydney Holiday Inn paying for a harbour view room. We ended up looking at a cruise ship, not the opera house :(

Kathleen, I'm so sorry that your world cruise was cancelled. How about hopping back on the Pacific to the Amazon with Bob and me? :rolleyes: We were really disappointed in hearing from Joe that the 4 of you cancelled. :(. Are you guys still on for the Royal TA?:cool:

Hi Meredith

Yes we are still on royal, although right now, very disappointed with how princess handled this cancellation of WC. Instead of moving our deposit over to first leg, they arbitrarily moved us to a med 12 day cruise. Crazy. Still working on getting our 3k+ deposit back. Funny thing is, I originally booked 1st two segments at great price, then canceled this last week to book 112 days. Now I have zippo. We canceled amazon because we really wanted to be on a cruise in feb 2014 to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Just terribly disappointed and shopping around right now. Hate to give up an elite status to move to new cruise line. Hugs to you and bob. See you in October. We board in Venice.

Unless you are staying at the Old Sydney Holiday Inn paying for a harbour view room. We ended up looking at a cruise ship, not the opera house :(

Well yes, that would be a little disappointing. However, I was meaning prime spot for the cruisers travelling on the ship that docked there.

We did that one too in June 2009. It was a great cruise. I wish Princess would bring it back.

As mentioned above, I believe that the Pacific Princess will be doing a similar 14-day itinerary, roundtrip from Vancouver next year...

As mentioned above, I believe that the Pacific Princess will be doing a similar 14-day itinerary, roundtrip from Vancouver next year...

If they're doing a roundtrip, I'd be very surprised if it's out of Vancouver. I'd almost bet money that it'd be out of Seattle. Either way I'd be pretty tempted though, that 14 day itinerary was definitely pretty interesting looking.

I heard that the harbor in Austrialia has an issue with the larger ships (bridge is not tall enough), that could be the reason for the smaller ships.

It's been reconfigured and now large enough for the QM 2 which was where we berthed last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they're doing a roundtrip, I'd be very surprised if it's out of Vancouver. I'd almost bet money that it'd be out of Seattle. Either way I'd be pretty tempted though, that 14 day itinerary was definitely pretty interesting looking.

Why? Tahitian did her 14 day out of Vancouver. Much better route to go between the Island and the Mainland rather than the open Pacific.

WHY? Because she is a perfect size. She can sail under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and use the new Terminal :D:D.

She can also dock at Cairns and Townsville. She can anchor closer in at the Whitsundays and there are not so many passengers to tender ashore.

Perfect fit for our waters , and for jaunts up to Asia where she does not have to dock at container terminals.

but pretty please Princess...

If she is in fact coming downunder , could you give her a freshen up...its been quite a while since the last one and Australians have now had some very smart ships cruising here , and know a bit more about cruising than the last time she was here..:D:D

I agree with you David. She needs to have a thorough spring clean and everything made as new once again. I love the small ships and in one way I am happy that she is going to be down here but we will not cruise on a ship that is second best and that has been passed down to us because it has gone past its "use by date" which so many of the ships down here seem to be.

Jennie

We did the 14 day cruise out of Vancouver on the Ocean (Tahitian) Princess in 2008. It was a great cruise with some very interesting ports including Kodiak Island and Valdez plus Sitka which was our favourite.

Jennie

I agree with you David. She needs to have a thorough spring clean and everything made as new once again. I love the small ships and in one way I am happy that she is going to be down here but we will not cruise on a ship that is second best and that has been passed down to us because it has gone past its "use by date" which so many of the ships down here seem to be.

Jennie

Did I miss something? According to the press release the Pacific is going from FLL to SYD then SYD to Papeete then some Tahitian cruises then to Hawaii and then Vancouver. Is there another press release stating that she is going to Princess Australia?

Did I miss something? According to the press release the Pacific is going from FLL to SYD then SYD to Papeete then some Tahitian cruises then to Hawaii and then Vancouver. Is there another press release stating that she is going to Princess Australia?

No, she's doing exactly what you posted.

Check your roll call. The ship is being permanently deployed to Australia.

I'm sorry about your trip. I'm also glad I'm sailing on her next Thursday, because I might not have another opportunity to do so.

This is where I found the information about the ship being permanently sent to Australia.

Jennie

This is from Seatrade....

Pacific Princess added new departures of Princess Cruises’ signature ‘Tahiti & French Polynesia’ itinerary plus additional Hawaii and South Pacific voyages in 2014.

This program replaces the scheduled world cruise, however the first segment of the cruise departing Jan. 20 will remain available for purchase. The 35-day sailing from Fort Lauderdale to Sydney includes a Panama Canal transit and calls at Ecuador, Peru, Easter Island, French Polynesia and New Zealand before arriving in Sydney on Feb. 25.

Pacific Princess will then offer three additional departures of the 10-day ‘Tahiti & French Polynesia’ voyage and new departures of a 16-day ‘New Zealand & South Pacific’ sailing from Sydney to Tahiti, a 12-day ‘Hawaii & Tahiti’ cruise from Tahiti to Honolulu, and a 10-day Hawaiian Islands crossing from Honolulu ending in Vancouver, BC.

Many voyages can be linked for a ‘grand adventure’ of 22 to 26 days.

The 16-day ‘New Zealand & South Pacific’ cruise on Feb. 25 makes three calls in New Zealand—Tauranga, Auckland and Bay of Islands—then visits Pago Pago, Bora Bora and Moorea before arriving in Tahiti.

The ‘Tahiti & Polynesia’ cruises operate round-trip Papeete on March 12, March 24 and April 1. The ship overnights in Papeete and visits Huahine, Rangiroa, Raiatea, Bora Bora (a two-day call) and Moorea.

On April 11, Pacific Princess sails Papeete to Honolulu in 12 days, calling at 
Moorea, Bora Bora, Hilo, Kona, Maui (Lahaina) and Kauai (Nawiliwili).

The 10-day Honolulu to Vancouver passage follows on April* 23, with stops at 
Kauai, Kona and Hilo before crossing the Pacific to British Columbia.

The 10-day Honolulu to Vancouver passage follows on April* 23, with stops at 
Kauai, Kona and Hilo before crossing the Pacific to British Columbia.

I am so interested in booking this cruise. I need to get some pricing on it.

I was too, but then I saw no Maui. Pricing will be interesting but in the meantime we booked Celebrity to take advantage of the drink package offer. May switch to Pacific if the price is right.

Pricing for the Pacific Princess, FLL to Sydney is up on Princess Australia website, around $10,000 pptws for oceanview, that is $285 per day pptws ! Very expensive.

Pricing for the Pacific Princess, FLL to Sydney is up on Princess Australia website, around $10,000 pptws for oceanview, that is $285 per day pptws ! Very expensive.

Unobstructed oceanview starts at $10,178.03 on USA site, about $291/day pp including the taxes/fees. Full suites are sold out already.

Archived