Princess Canceled world cruise for 2014

shootingstar07

I was booked on the Jan. 20, 2014 sailing from Lauderdale to Venice on the Pacific Princess. Just got work today the cruise is canceled. UGH. I cannot tell you how upset I am. And from what I could tell, the ship was nearly sold out. If they need to re-position a ship - why not do it for 2015 before they have passengers booked???

Help Princess - are you listening? I won't book a WC with you that is round trip from Sydney. Any thoughts of reinstating this cruise??

They wouldn't cancel it without a really good reason so chances of re-instating it are zero. Sorry you're disappointed but perhaps they are planning a different ship and/or itinerary for the world cruise.

As an FYI, HAL has a couple of great world cruise itineraries.

Didn't the Pacific cancel it's dry dock this year? Maybe they decided they needed to squeeze it in somewhere else. I hope they are not selling her.

I do indeed understand your disappointment. The first time I tried to book with Princess was on a trans-Pacific on the Sun(?). Just under a year beforehand it was to sail, they cancelled the cruise saying they were leaving the ship in Australia. So we booked the next year trans-Pacific on her sister ship. They cancelled that trip too saying they were leaving THAT ship in Australia. Needless to say we weren't happy with Princess for a long while. In fact, if she gets rid of her two R-ships, we won't be cruising with Princess again because we like smaller ships.

We're traveling and while waiting for our connecting flight, just checked my emails. Sadly there was one from my travel agent telling me that our world cruise for 2014 had been cancelled. She doesn't know why either. I checked here to see if anyone knew what was happening, but apparently no one knows.

Wish I knew why, but for now it is a mystery.

We're traveling and while waiting for our connecting flight, just checked my emails. Sadly there was one from my travel agent telling me that our world cruise for 2014 had been cancelled. She doesn't know why either. I checked here to see if anyone knew what was happening, but apparently no one knows.

Wish I knew why, but for now it is a mystery.

Check your roll call. The ship is being permanently deployed to Australia.

I'm sorry about your trip. I'm also glad I'm sailing on her next Thursday, because I might not have another opportunity to do so.

I'm sorry about your trip. I'm also glad I'm sailing on her next Thursday, because I might not have another opportunity to do so.

Thanks. Didn't think to check there. We didn't hear from Princess because we booked the cruise w/ a TA. She notified us of the cancellation by email today & said that the 1st 35 days were still a possibility, but she gave us no further information and said we'd have to call Princess ourselves if we were interested in going on that.

We don't want to go to Sydney because we'd have to fly home. Guess we have to develop a plan B.

Kathleen, I'm so sorry that your world cruise was cancelled. How about hopping back on the Pacific to the Amazon with Bob and me? :rolleyes: We were really disappointed in hearing from Joe that the 4 of you cancelled. :(. Are you guys still on for the Royal TA?:cool:

Just a guess based on some information we were given a couple years ago.

The Panama Canal is being widened. Princess plans to put the grand class ships there and move the coral and island ships to more exotic locations.. This is what we heard onboard a ship about 18 months ago. Therefore the pacific has been moved.

I am sorry for the disappointment.

Another small ship being sent to Australia?????? Why? We want the Diamond all year round or maybe the Coral or Island..... :confused:

Another small ship being sent to Australia?????? Why? We want the Diamond all year round or maybe the Coral or Island.....

WHY? Because she is a perfect size. She can sail under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and use the new Terminal :D:D.

She can also dock at Cairns and Townsville. She can anchor closer in at the Whitsundays and there are not so many passengers to tender ashore.

Perfect fit for our waters , and for jaunts up to Asia where she does not have to dock at container terminals.

but pretty please Princess...

If she is in fact coming downunder , could you give her a freshen up...its been quite a while since the last one and Australians have now had some very smart ships cruising here , and know a bit more about cruising than the last time she was here..:D:D

Yeah, I'm holding off on 2014 plans pending where the Coral and Island may go...

I'm suspecting the usual canal runs, given that the odds of the new canal opening on time are slim, but one can hope.

Just a guess based on some information we were given a couple years ago.

The Panama Canal is being widened. Princess plans to put the grand class ships there and move the coral and island ships to more exotic locations.. This is what we heard onboard a ship about 18 months ago. Therefore the pacific has been moved.

I am sorry for the disappointment.

Yeah, I'm holding off on 2014 plans pending where the Coral and Island may go...

I'm suspecting the usual canal runs, given that the odds of the new canal opening on time are slim, but one can hope.

Since the Canal won't be completed until sometime in 2015, Princess won't schedule itineraries until it's certain when the Canal will open.

Another small ship being sent to Australia?????? Why? We want the Diamond all year round or maybe the Coral or Island..... :confused:

WHY? Because she is a perfect size. She can sail under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and use the new Terminal :D:D.

She can also dock at Cairns and Townsville. She can anchor closer in at the Whitsundays and there are not so many passengers to tender ashore.

Perfect fit for our waters ' date=' and for jaunts up to Asia where she does not have to dock at container terminals.

but pretty please Princess...

If she is in fact coming downunder , could you give her a freshen up...its been quite a while since the last one and Australians have now had some very smart ships cruising here , and know a bit more about cruising than the last time she was here..:D:D

[/color']

Here is the Princess announcement.....looks like Pacific will be part-time on some Sydney to Tahiti runs, with other South Pacific itineraries mixed in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36642273&postcount=15

Here is the Princess announcement.....looks like Pacific will be part-time on some Sydney to Tahiti runs, with other South Pacific itineraries mixed in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36642273&postcount=15

Thanks for the link. So if I'm reading the news release correctly, it sounds like Pacific Princess will end up in Vancouver, and will not stay permanently in Australia, right?

...and a 10-day Hawaiian Islands crossing from Honolulu ending in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Thanks for the link. So if I'm reading the news release correctly, it sounds like Pacific Princess will end up in Vancouver, and will not stay permanently in Australia, right?

...and a 10-day Hawaiian Islands crossing from Honolulu ending in Vancouver, British Columbia.

I am not sure if the Pacific ever did it, but the Ocean (nee Tahitian) did 14 day Alaskan cruises for a year or two. Maybe 2007 or 2008. They were R/T Vancouver

I am not sure if the Pacific ever did it, but the Ocean (nee Tahitian) did 14 day Alaskan cruises for a year or two. Maybe 2007 or 2008. They were R/T Vancouver

We did the 14-day cruise to Alaska on the Pacific in 2009 and it was a round trip out of Seattle.

We did the 14-day cruise to Alaska on the Pacific in 2009 and it was a round trip out of Seattle.

Yeah, although if they do a cruise starting in Honolulu, they'd have to go to Vancouver, they couldn't go to Seattle. But they could then do a 1 day down to Seattle and do those 14 day cruises. I'd be real curious to see if they do decide to do those again, I thought it would be an interesting trip.

Glad to see that it's not being sent to Princess Australia though.

That is how I read it. She will be part-time in Australia/NZ, going also to Hawaii, Tahiti and ending up in Vancouver. Not permanently based doing the same two week itinerary.

I believe that the Pacific Princess will be doing the 14-day Alaskan Connoisseur voyages that the Tahitian Princess was doing a few years ago.

Archived