boyerd

omg.....Did you not read Anne's post?

You would "expect it"?:eek:......I think he said he would "try" to post a

review. He is one the best assets Cruise Critic has:).....when you say

it is not "a knock on him"? To preface your comment this way? It

certainly is.....:(

Glad I don't say I am writing reviews anymore:(....better not to say

anything.

As a relative newcomer to this board, I wanted to thank Andy for being an amazing host. I can't imagine the work that goes into something like this. The information I have learned is worth it's weight in gold. My vote is for the cruise lines to offer you free cruises for all your hard work at free PR you do for them.:)

Wow!!!! When I "revived" this thread, I gave Andy the accolades he deserves for doing what he does.......Did you people not see that!!!! With that being said, when someone says they have a review and will post it soon, I would expect that to happen. Cant believe these responses......really funny!

So are some people's petty sense of entitlement.

That is the funniest of all. Still if you have nothing to do in your life but hang around critising people for not doing something that is voluntary I suppose the slightest thing would be funny.

For those of you getting on Host Andy for not posting his review... please stop. The man has other things to do on top of being a moderator here. There are plenty of Eclipse reviews to find on here, whether they be in the forum the member review section. I seriously doubt she's gonna change much in less than 60 days. If I based my decision to cruise on whether a moderator posts a review or not, I'd be finding a different form of travel.

Thanks Andy for all that you do on here :)

Hi Everyone,

Thank You for your wonderful replies, which is always appreciated. It's unfortunate that some may find it tough to accept that no matter how passionate I am about helping our Community, and all things Celebrity (and Azamara), that we all have other responsibilities. As Host Anne and others have graciously pointed out, this is a volunteer position. No matter how much I try to remain connected and assist with your questions/emails as promptly as possible... there will be times when life's other issues must come first.

In my case, I'm taking care of My Mom after we suffered a devastating and sudden loss of my beloved Father... as well as taking care of my business - which involves managing many millions of dollars for clients, on a daily basis. More than ever, prioritizing is a must :). I'm not trying to make any excuses, but simply advising how it is.

I accept that a late posted review, may offer diminished value to some, but I remain confident on 2 things : 1) you will see it, and 2), it will be helpful to our members. Thank You again for your kindness and support. It means everything to me.

Hi Everyone,

Thank You for your wonderful replies, which is always appreciated. It's unfortunate that some may find it tough to accept that no matter how passionate I am about helping our Community, and all things Celebrity (and Azamara), that we all have other responsibilities. As Host Anne and others have graciously pointed out, this is a volunteer position. No matter how much I try to remain connected and assist with your questions/emails as promptly as possible... there will be times when life's other issues must come first.

In my case, I'm taking care of My Mom after we suffered a devastating and sudden loss of my beloved Father... as well as taking care of my business - which involves managing many millions of dollars for clients, on a daily basis. More than ever, prioritizing is a must :). I'm not trying to make any excuses, but simply advising how it is.

I accept that a late posted review, may offer diminished value to some, but I remain confident on 2 things : 1) you will see it, and 2), it will be helpful to our members. Thank You again for your kindness and support. It means everything to me.

Andy I will pray as I'm sure many others will for you and your mom and please accept my sympathies for the loss of your father. Your family and job always come first.

omg.....Did you not read Anne's post?

You would "expect it"?:eek:......I think he said he would "try" to post a

review. He is one the best assets Cruise Critic has:).....when you say

it is not "a knock on him"? To preface your comment this way? It

certainly is.....:(

Glad I don't say I am writing reviews anymore:(....better not to say

anything.

I completely agree with you Lois! Host Andy has always provided a wealth of information and I'm very grateful for all he does. The attitudes of some posters on this thread is one of the reasons I don't post much anymore.

Terri

Hi Everyone,

Hi Andy,

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for all the wonderful work you do and to express our deepest sympathy on the passing of your beloved Dad.

We are Australian and appreciate all your hardwork and dedication.

We lost my Mum, and our cruising partner, when she took her own life a few years ago. I understand your pain. Every cruise we now take, my Mum is with us every step of the journey.

We have just booked two Celebrity cruises, on on Constellation (5 days) and also a 7 night on Reflection. It will be our first time on both these ships although we have previously sailed on Millenium, a few years ago.

Many thanks again, and good luck with all your planning!

Best wishes

Nicki

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin girl

I realize Host Andy does a great deal for this site..........So, this is not a knock on him.

But........ Is there ever going to be the Eclipse Review you said you would post??? I am aware that he has been busy with work and recently had a very special cruise with his family on the Constellation. Would you mind please giving us an update or let us know if this thing is ever going to appear. Thanks.

Wow!!!! When I "revived" this thread, I gave Andy the accolades he deserves for doing what he does.......Did you people not see that!!!! With that being said, when someone says they have a review and will post it soon, I would expect that to happen. Cant believe these responses......really funny!

IMO, the but.... says it all.

Hi Everyone,

Andy

I returned from our cruise with great intentions to post a detailed review fairly soon after our cruise. I did do one but I probably feel that I rushed it.

Please take your own time and, if you feel like it and have the time available do a review. If you don't get the time so what. You do enough for all on these boards?

To all looking for a review,, the Eclipse was but not at it's best. If you look at my future cruises, you will see how much that put us off travelling again on the Eclipse.

It wasn't perfect by any means but we had a great time and return a week on Saturday, and in October, and next year as well.

Andy, you do a fabulous job for this board, and I know that you are truly appreciated here for your concientiousness, balance and sense of fair play.

Most of us understand as well that your priority must be your mother and the rest of your family after the loss of your beloved father. With you having a more-than-full-time career, and this being a volunteer position, we think that you have been amazingly attentive to Cruise Critic.

Please ignore the ungracious posts.

Hi Andy,

I too just wanted to thank you for all your time & effort that you put in these boards. Your help has been invaluable (with or without a review).

For every person that has a negative thing to say, rest assured that there are anohter 10 who appreciate everything you do.

Thanks again.

If you are posting. You are booked to sail on a cruiseship. You have so much more than so many others. Instead of looking for information, just count your Blessing and allow Host Andy to deal with his life. Remember you have the chance to be nice, do so. You have the chance to be understanding, do so. Your ability to sail on a ship , go on vacation, do as you please, should make you humble, not demanding, remember! things can change in a second. Just look around.

Thank you Host Andy and to all the staff members at cruise Critic for all that you do.:)

If you are posting. You are booked to sail on a cruiseship. You have so much more than so many others. Instead of looking for information, just count your Blessing and allow Host Andy to deal with his life. Remember you have the chance to be nice, do so. You have the chance to be understanding, do so. Your ability to sail on a ship , go on vacation, do as you please, should make you humble, not demanding, remember! things can change in a second. Just look around.

Thank you Host Andy and to all the staff members at cruise Critic for all that you do.:)

HostAndy Keep up the good work :) You ROCK!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Well said...and I agree with you 100%!

Please do not allow the less than 1% of negative posts, to out weight, the 99% of those that are in your corner and have your back! :):)

BILL

Since this thread is tracking in my emails, I'd say that the original poster was simply interested in looking forward to the review. For others for some reason it was do or die hold hard and fast to the word of one who spoke. For others it was acknowledgement of circumstances that prevented follow through.

Now, after all the time lapse and insight into why nothing was posted or why it might be after all this time, it's sort of more conversational and politely excusable than informational for cruisers.

Read other recent posts and reviews if you want to know more about Eclipse today. They are out there.

Hi Everyone,

Andy,

We too are new to Cruise Critics and want to thank you for the countless hours you spend "VOLUNTEERING" to assist us in getting issues, concerns, questions, etc... answered. DH and I appreciate your level of professionalism and devotion to this site. We also would like to THANK YOUR FAMILY for sharing so much of you WITH US. I'm sure there are not very families that would be that understanding!!!!

As to all the others who feel that they have the right to DEMAND things from you on a TIMELY basis -- then why not OFFER to PAY his bills; RUN his business; provide CARE, as well as EMOTIONAL SUPPORT for his mother and HANDLE everything else that may pop up in his life so that he may be at YOUR beck and call.

What everyone needs to remember and realize, is that one person's review is SUBJECTIVE to that particular individual. Likes, dislikes, expectations and experiences. What bothered that individual, may not bother or concern you. (Though we have come to realization that there are a number of members here that their opinions are highly regarded and respected and we have to Thank them as well offering their assistance in matters as well. We have learned a great deal of information about cruising that we never realized was allowed or done.)

If life were as simple as a lot of folks on here want, it would be a pretty boring existence.

Oh, and we sailed the Eclipse last year and had a WONDERFUL time. Not one complaint and would be happy to sail on her again in a heartbeat!

Again Andy, Thank YOU for ALL you DO!!!

Wow. Tough, tough crowd over here.

Has anyone noticed the hours and hours of contribution Host Andy has given to the 123 GO Promotion thread alone?

Let's give the guy a break here before we consider reducing his volunteer salary of $0.00 to an even lower amount! :eek:

I heard that, BEAV. People ARE tough over here. It's enough to send me back to the Princess board where people have been much more gracious:eek:in the past.

Poor Host Andy. I've really enjoyed reading all of his posts and have learned a lot from him, and Host Anne. I can't understand why people don't give Host Andy a break.:confused:

:eek::rolleyes::mad:

Wow.

:eek::rolleyes::mad:

Wow.

Really??? Who cares, who cares. Wow!

I usually try to throw in a few jokes or lighten some thread that's gone a bit bonkers, but this thread and the way it was 'revived' is beyond hope.

realize when you post something, it can come out stronger then intended, but 'expected'??

Den

Archived