0kay Host Andy the jig is up!

boyerd

I find it very strange that we do not read a review that promised a negative report on a Celebrety cruise

Just to be clear, I never "promised" a negative review.

I'm in the middle of a meeting at the moment. I will update later tonight.

Where can I find Andy's review?

As others have duly noted, it's not posted yet. My sincere apologies. Work has been extremely busy, and I'm making preparations for our family cruise on Constellation next weekend, in celebration of My Dad's life. It's amazing I have any time for Cruise Critic at all, but I'm doing my best :)

I truly hope to have the review online shortly. Thanks again for your patience.

Good grief, people, give the guy a break. Are you going to cancel your cruise that leaves in a week if he says something bad? I don't think so. Why not go with an open mind and just enjoy your cruise?

I was on the same cruise with Andy. Here's my short version: Was it the greatest cruise ever? No. Were there problems? Yes. Did any of that ruin our cruise? Heck no--we had a blast.

• 4 weeks later...

I realize Host Andy does a great deal for this site..........So, this is not a knock on him.

But........ Is there ever going to be the Eclipse Review you said you would post??? I am aware that he has been busy with work and recently had a very special cruise with his family on the Constellation. Would you mind please giving us an update or let us know if this thing is ever going to appear. Thanks.

Hi Folks ~ I often do reviews after cruises but sometimes life gets in the way and we just can't get things done as quickly as we hoped. Please keep in mind that hosts are VOLUNTEERS who have real jobs and families. Sometimes it's really difficult to come back and get that review posted that we hoped we could.

Host Andy does a ton for this board. Please respect all that he does for Cruise Critic and stop asking about a review. If he gets one done and posted, great. If not, that's OK, too.

Hi Folks ~ I often do reviews after cruises but sometimes life gets in the way and we just can't get things done as quickly as we hoped. Please keep in mind that hosts are VOLUNTEERS who have real jobs and families. Sometimes it's really difficult to come back and get that review posted that we hoped we could.

Host Andy does a ton for this board. Please respect all that he does for Cruise Critic and stop asking about a review. If he gets one done and posted, great. If not, that's OK, too.

Anne thank you so much for your response.

Andy adds so much insight to this forum and some of us really appreciate his input and thoughtful responses. I also know this past year has not been the easiest for him from on the personal side.

I was so happy to read that Andy had a really nice cruise a few weeks ago with family in his Dad's memory. Isn't that enough.

Andy, thanks for all you do here.

How much weight can anyone give to a review that's 60 days old even if it gets presented?

So you only eat at a restaurant only if someone has written a review in the last 60 days? You must get be a hungry person.

Or only buy a car that has been reviewed in the last 60 days?

Or do you, as an adult supposedly mature enough to have children, marry, drive a vehicle and drink alcohol, take a decision for yourself based on your experiences and knowledge rather than rely on others? Its whats called being 'grown up'.

So you only eat at a restaurant only if someone has written a review in the last 60 days? You must get be a hungry person.

Or only buy a car that has been reviewed in the last 60 days?

Or do you, as an adult supposedly mature enough to have children, marry, drive a vehicle and drink alcohol, take a decision for yourself based on your experiences and knowledge rather than rely on others? Its what's called being 'grown up'.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say, but it sounds sort of tart to me and has no relevance to the demands being made that someone post a review.

The way things change so rapidly on the ships, particularly because of staff changes, the ambiance of a cruise last year would be different than a cruise this year. Certainly the cabins, the venues and the itineraries don't change so much for this ship. So what is left then that matters but service levels which are hardly consistent, and subjective food nit-picking, or talk about who wasn't wearing what they were supposed, or what was being enforced at the pool?

If a cruise 60 days was not good for one for what ever reason, that does not mean 60 days from now it might not be the cruise of someone else's life.

Wow. Tough, tough crowd over here.

Has anyone noticed the hours and hours of contribution Host Andy has given to the 123 GO Promotion thread alone?

Let's give the guy a break here before we consider reducing his volunteer salary of $0.00 to an even lower amount! :eek:

Wow..I can't believe people are so demanding. I am sure it is b/c they are psyched about going on their cruise and respect Andy's balanced viewpoint. But with so much info on CC about all the ships there no need to clamor for a particular person to post a review. Grateful when they have time to do it...

We are spoiled by Cruise Critic...used to be you booked a cruise with a TA & just went on it without all this great feedback, spreadsheets etc.

I realize Host Andy does a great deal for this site..........So, this is not a knock on him.

But........ Is there ever going to be the Eclipse Review you said you would post??? I am aware that he has been busy with work and recently had a very special cruise with his family on the Constellation. Would you mind please giving us an update or let us know if this thing is ever going to appear. Thanks.

Wow!!!! When I "revived" this thread, I gave Andy the accolades he deserves for doing what he does.......Did you people not see that!!!! With that being said, when someone says they have a review and will post it soon, I would expect that to happen. Cant believe these responses......really funny!

Wow!!!! When I "revived" this thread, I gave Andy the accolades he deserves for doing what he does.......Did you people not see that!!!! With that being said, when someone says they have a review and will post it soon, I would expect that to happen. Cant believe these responses......really funny!

Wow is right. But for all the wrong reasons. Sometimes words-written or spoken-come out differently than we intended. In those cases, it's best just to say I'm sorry.

Wow, I am blown away by the attitude of some of the posters in this thread.

Thanks Andy for all you do. I really appreciate the time you put in to this site. What I most appreciate is your "fair and balanced" viewpoint.

Reading some of the snippy attitudes in this thread would make me want to give a big S@#*W You to the members on this site.

Wow

I just stepped off Eclipse, it was FABULOUS!!!

If you have a specific question, please feel free to ask...

BUT, if you are simply coming on here to bark at someone who have volunteered for the position of "HOST" I hope you are satisfied.

I guess I now understand where the term " a rotten apple spoils a bunch" comes from.

I hope you have a lot of support and love while planning your dad's celebration cruise, and I also hope that you have a WONDERFUL time away!!!

Chass

Archived