Sunloungers on The Oasis

ricardin

I read in another thread that there is a limit of 30 minutes each time on the sunloungers. Is this correct?

Also, which is the best pool to lounge around during the day, to catch some rays and hopefully avoid too many kids?

Thanks in advance.

I read in another thread that there is a limit of 30 minutes each time on the sunloungers. Is this correct?

No. However, if a chair is unoccupied for over 30 minutes, staff should remove the belongings and make the chair available for use to others.

Also, which is the best pool to lounge around during the day, to catch some rays and hopefully avoid too many kids?

The Solarium has no kids, but, it is not the best place for sunning. Lots of coverage there. I would say that the forward pools have less kids because all of the activities (flowriders, basketball, etc) are all aft.

The 30 minute rule is seldom enforced. In fact many times I have gone out to the pool at 7am and people had already put towels on loungers by the pool only to go back to bed or to breakfast hoping to save the lounger for the day. If there is a lounger I want at that time and if no one else is even around the pool I place their towel in a dirty towel bin and take the lounger. Never have I had a confrontation because I am usually done with my pool time before anyone even gets there!

The 30 minute rule is seldom enforced. In fact many times I have gone out to the pool at 7am and people had already put towels on loungers by the pool only to go back to bed or to breakfast hoping to save the lounger for the day. If there is a lounger I want at that time and if no one else is even around the pool I place their towel in a dirty towel bin and take the lounger. Never have I had a confrontation because I am usually done with my pool time before anyone even gets there!

I'm so glad to hear this! I've never cruised and this appeared to me to be a solution but wondered if someone would go bananas on me. :eek: Figured I'd tell them just to pick another chair - but didn't know if this was some kind of cruise etiquette of which I was unaware. Thanks!

...If there is a lounger I want at that time and if no one else is even around the pool I place their towel in a dirty towel bin and take the lounger...

I would never do this. You do realize that there is a charge for pool towels that are not returned? By doing it your way, you have have cost that guest some money. I fully realize the 30 minute rule, but I would never, ever touch someone else's belongings.

The best advice is to have the Pool Deck crew move them for you.

I would never do this. You do realize that there is a charge for pool towels that are not returned? By doing it your way, you have have cost that guest some money. I fully realize the 30 minute rule, but I would never, ever touch someone else's belongings.

The best advice is to have the Pool Deck crew move them for you.

The towels belong to the cruiseline and were returned to them. If someone wants to hog chairs, they shouldn't be leaving anything on them that they don't want to lose.

I was so bothered by this same thing on our cruise last April. We are early risers, even on vacation. Our favorite breakfast spot is the solarium. We would be there by 7:30, have breakfast, and take a cup of coffee out to the area with the loungers and they would all be occupied with"stuff". We really wanted to curl up with our coffee and a book and never got to do this. We sat at the tables and watched the loungers and nobody came to use them for some time. Several times we would come back for lunch and they would still be unused. We were new to cruising and really didn't know what to do. We are taking another cruise this May and I don't plan on missing out again. I will ask the deck crew to remove the items.

Just off the Oasis and it was definitely enforced in the Solarium. Pool attendant walked around and removed many towels from loungers that were not occupied for long periods of time.

Thats great news, I hesitated doing it myself because I really didn't want to touch others property, some were just towels though, so I hope they continue to enforce the rule.

People should be able to enjoy the chairs and 'chair hogs' should lose their spots. I've been on cruises where there would be hours in between seeing someone in a chair with 'stuff' on it. Rules are rules and whether people agree with them, they are there for a reason. Other people want to enjoy the chairs and the pool and the sun.

I wouldn't move the stuff myself, but I would definitely let a staff member know.

I agree with others about not moving someone else's stuff. I've had to stand in line on debarkation day getting some of those erroneoud $25 towel charges taken off my bill -- not fun.

Now if a crew member wants to do it -- I applaud them!

Ann

Gee, on our last cruise, when we got to the solarium, the pool attendant had already laid out two fresh towels, two iPads, his&hers sunglasses and sandals for us to use. Do you mean those were left by a chair hog:eek: And I thought they were part of the December celebration perks;)

Archived