dress code for Blu Restaurant?

smith6

Even though the dress code in Blu is smart casual each night, we found that a number of fellow Blu diners did dress in more formal attire on formal nights. So while on formal nights diners in Blu would not have felt out of place in "smart casual" attire, passengers dressed in more formal attire also would also have not felt out of place.

Good jeans (no rips) and a tidy casual shirt (no t-shirts) are fine every night. Breakfast is pretty much anything goes (no swimsuits or robes though). If you worry about feeling our of place certainly dress up a bit more for formal nights but it is not required. On my recent cruise there were plenty of tuxedos and suits in Blu on formal nights (along with Hawaiian shirts!).

What is the dress code for Blu restaurant?

Hi, Jay usually wears a polo shirt and Dockers. On formal nights, we still dress formally..... Jay wears a tux and I wear a dressy pants outfit or long dress.

In my experience, most diners in Blu tend to be "dressy" on formal nights...very FEW wear jeans. IMHO :):)

Just keeping it real,

Good jeans (no rips) and a tidy casual shirt (no t-shirts) are fine every night. Breakfast is pretty much anything goes (no swimsuits or robes though). If you worry about feeling our of place certainly dress up a bit more for formal nights but it is not required. On my recent cruise there were plenty of tuxedos and suits in Blu on formal nights (along with Hawaiian shirts!).

What about men's shoes? Do they have to be "closed toed"? Or can you were a nice pair of sandals? (not flip flops)

What about men's shoes? Do they have to be "closed toed"? Or can you were a nice pair of sandals? (not flip flops)

I've seen a huge variety of men's toes in my lifetime. It's probably best to wear closed-toed shoes as not to upset any appetites. :eek:

I've seen a huge variety of men's toes in my lifetime. It's probably best to wear closed-toed shoes as not to upset any appetites. :eek:

Thanks Wine-O. Getting a pedicure anyway so as not to offend fellow cruisers at pool side.

Bill

Yes, the thing with Blu is that you CAN dress smart casual every night (which in my book excludes sandals :) ) but most will dress up on formal nights. It depends on what you are comfortable with. Personally what other people wear doesn't influence me, but if you don't like feeling the odd one out you may be more comfortable in at least semi-formal dress.

On my recent cruise I would say about 10 people in the whole restaurant were dressed smart casual and an equal number were true formal. Everyone else was somewhere in between.

Archived