Carambola Beach Club - Just Back

themutis

• 5 months later...
Has anyone been to Carambola more recently? We are sailing on Celebrity Summit in December and are thinking of going here.

Thanks!

Would you say it was overly crowded? This sounds lovely and I am trying to find a nice place to go in st kitts since I will be there on the day of my anniversary.

They have posted on their facebook page that they are closed until October 27th. I emailed them and got this response...

"Thank you for your email. We have closed for our annual vacation but will be hosting guests on the beach during cruise ship calls. There will be a beach bar in operation. I am presently awaiting confirmation on details regarding food service before I can advise persons holding reservations. I will communicate this to you before the week's end. Thank you for your interest in Carambola Beach Club."

I'll let you know if I hear anything. Maryhardy, have you looked into the Marriott? They have day passes for $35 pp.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a lovely beach in St. Kitts and I'm interested in going here as well.

If I may ask, do you know how long the cab ride is from the port to the beach?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks!

I checked out their facebook page and didn't see their email address.

Trip Advisor has it listed as info@______ dot com (blank line done purposely) :). Is this correct?

I emailed dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com Daislyn was very good about returning emails

And just to reiterate what I found out...bar open, food service is not...in case that matters to you.

Edited by IBookHePays

I emailed dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com Daislyn was very good about returning emails

And just to reiterate what I found out...bar open, food service is not...in case that matters to you.

Thanks for the info. I'll email to that address.

They said they're reopening on 10/27 and we'll be there on 10/28 so things should work out. :p

Edited by merdon

Thanks for the info. I'll email to that address.

They said they're reopening on 10/27 and we'll be there on 10/28 so things should work out. :p

Good for you! We are still going to go September 9th, even though there's no food...at least the bar is open! :D

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth... we stopped at this beach club as part of a tour a couple of years ago in April. If I recall correctly, we arrived about 11:30am, but the club was totally packed. Every chair, bed, etc was taken. It was a beautiful spot, but the sand wasn't the kind where you'd want to just plop down on a towel, because it was so hot.

Several of us on the tour ended up asking the driver to just take us back to town, where we ate an awesome lunch at a spot he recommended.

If you are able to make reservations ahead of time, I definitely would.

Ann

Spammie, you said you went to the Marriott before. How was it? Is the beach nice? Thanks for your input!

Melanie

Hi Melanie. We really enjoyed our day there. The beach was very quiet with beautiful views. The pool and bar area were very nice. We would definitely go there again. Wanda

Does the Carambola Beach Resort accept US $ (cash) for payment? In reading through these boards, it seems that the Marriott requires a credit card for food/drink purchases. Would prefer to avoid the international currency conversion fees that the credit card companies tack on, if possible. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Back from our cruise on the Jewel...just wanted to say that the Carambola Beach Club, even though closed, was awesome! Comfy loungers and umbrellas ($15 for both) and a gorgeous beach, and a bar stand (no frozen drinks, just basics). Food available a 10 minute walk down the beach, with the most amazing emerald green water, at the Shipwreck Bar. Don't let them being closed deter you from going there! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another rave review for Carambola Beach Club. We are just back from a b2b on the Jewel and went there twice! This is one of the best places we have been to on any caribbean island. I was fortunate enough to spend my birthday there and was treated like royalty--including a wonderful birthday cake. The staff is amazing and so friendly and welcoming. This is the perfect place for a relaxing beach day, and I recommend it highly. Can't wait to go back!

• 2 weeks later...
Back from our cruise on the Jewel...just wanted to say that the Carambola Beach Club, even though closed, was awesome! Comfy loungers and umbrellas ($15 for both) and a gorgeous beach, and a bar stand (no frozen drinks, just basics). Food available a 10 minute walk down the beach, with the most amazing emerald green water, at the Shipwreck Bar. Don't let them being closed deter you from going there! :)

Does anyone know when they are scheduled to "reopen" (serve food and beverage at lunch)?

I found them via Facebook. I sent a message and they replied within a day or so. I made my reservation that way for our port stop there next December.

Some additional information (as of 10/11/13): Chairs and umbrellas are US $10 each. Taxi from Port Zante is about $16 (1-4 people) and takes 10-15 minutes travel time. You get showers, restrooms, and they also have food and drink available (indoor restaurant, terrace grill, or even beach service where they will bring something to you at your lounge chair). There is no downpayment required. They told me that they only hold your reservation for 1 hour, so if you say you will be there at 10:00 and don't show up until 11:15, you probably will find that you no longer have a saved seat.

Thanks for all the info. A Quick question about the indoor restaurant. Is it a typical beachfront casual dining venue or is it a little more dressy...thinking about making reservations for lunch and renting chairs and Not sure what the wear.

Thanks for all the info. A Quick question about the indoor restaurant. Is it a typical beachfront casual dining venue or is it a little more dressy...thinking about making reservations for lunch and renting chairs and Not sure what the wear.

I was also wondering if it would be appropriate to eat inside in the a/c in beach attire (cover ups, shorts, etc)?

Sorry, but I can't really help with the dress code questions, as we will either have a sandwich at our beach loungers or at the outside bar/grill. They do have showers and changing rooms, so if it turns out you need to change for the restaurant it should be fairly easy to do that.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app