Carambola Beach Club - Just Back

themutis

Carambola Beach Club gets rave reviews from us. We were on the Jewel of the Seas' October 26th sailing. What a beautiful beach and the sand in the water was like walking on carpet; so smooth. The water was very calm as well. We rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for $30. The cab ride was $4 per person. The restaurant was open and the food was very good. They brought it (on china with silverware :eek:) right to the beach. This is definitely our favorite place in St. Kitts and we'll continue to go there.

• 5 weeks later...

Brief stop there on 11/17 (last stop on Thenford Grey's tour; had a late port day of 12-7). Didn't get in the water and the sun was getting low. Looked like a really nice place to spend the day next time I'm in St. Kitts.

11101723184_f0e31b2b4b.jpg

11101550725_b51f1832d2.jpg

11101730993_f15baa3638.jpg

The road you can see just at the edge of the shadows, that goes to the right, is where you turn to go to Carambola Beach Club.

Should we make reservations in advance? There will probably be about 13 of us.

We were a group of 10 and only 2 of us had reservations. I would make reservations just in case.

You're going to love it there. Carambola is my go to place when visiting St. Kitts.

Edited by merdon

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking and seeing the round daybeds too, can anyone confirm a price for these? And if you can get them with the umbrella? Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

The canopied rectangular day beds are 40.00, the loungers and umbrellas are 10.00 each. All can be reserved and will be held for 1 hour after your reservation time.

I did not see anyone parasailing the day we were there, but I know they had other things you could rent. We saw folks using pedal boats and also small hobie cat sailboats. I do not know the prices, though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Trying to decided between this resort of the Marriot.

1-Do you know if the locals offer parasailing there?

2- Do they limit the amount of people each day?

Thanks indavance!

We have done both and while both are nice I think Carambola was definitely the better of the two. jMO

Skiiergirl, you say you've been to both and from what I understand Carambola has no pool, I see the Marriott does have a pool. Would you happen to know if the pool is available for our use. Also, do I need a reservation to go to the Marriott or can we just show on the day of? Thanks in advance for your help.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Skiiergirl, you say you've been to both and from what I understand Carambola has no pool, I see the Marriott does have a pool. Would you happen to know if the pool is available for our use. Also, do I need a reservation to go to the Marriott or can we just show on the day of? Thanks in advance for your help.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

From what I understand, yes you can use the pool at Marriott if you purchase the day pass. Also I understand it is best to request a reservation ahead of time. I do know people that have gone day of and had no problems but have also heard of people being turned way. I just felt Carambola was much classier, much more "secluded feeling", and service was much friendlier along with being the better bang for the buck. JMO

Do they have jet ski rentals at Carambola? Traveling with a teenager who likes to be busy. Would the Marriott be better?

I would email them and ask. I believe they did but I can't swear to it as none of our group was interested so really didn't pay that close attention. Sorry.