Carambola Beach Club - Just Back

themutis

How did you get your day passes for Carambola? I emailed them and got no response

There are no day passes for Carambola. When you email them, request them to reserve chairs and an umbrella for you, cost is $10 for each which you pay the day you arrive no money upfront, Cabanas were $40.

We enjoyed our day there very much in March. Food quality, ambiance, service and drinks were very good, a bit pricey for those on a tight budget. Carambola is new, clean and well kept with shower facilities. It is more of an upscale place with soft white sand, views of Nevis, crystal clear blue water, pretty calm seas and very comfortable cushion lounge chairs. No water shoes needed here as you would need at Cockleshell beach. Can't wait to go back.

There are no day passes for Carambola. When you email them, request them to reserve chairs and an umbrella for you, cost is $10 for each which you pay the day you arrive no money upfront, Cabanas were $40.

I've read "somewhere" that it was $10 for 2 chairs + $10 for an umbrella, which is $20 a couple. So you're saying it will be $20 ($10 each) for 2 chairs + $10 for an umbrella, which is $30 a couple?

Also, am I correct that the Cabanas would hold 2 people so it's be $40 for a couple?

Thanks.

I've read "somewhere" that it was $10 for 2 chairs + $10 for an umbrella, which is $20 a couple. So you're saying it will be $20 ($10 each) for 2 chairs + $10 for an umbrella, which is $30 a couple?

Also, am I correct that the Cabanas would hold 2 people so it's be $40 for a couple?

Thanks.

The cost of an umbrella and two chairs for one couple is $30. Food & drink extra. I am not sure about the cabanas. I saw "beach beds" there, not cabanas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

"our ship" the Summit, arrives in port @ 8 am. Understand Carambola allows an hour+ arrival for reservations. Wondering if selecting 9:30 am is realistic if we scoot off when the ship is cleared or if I should go with a later time?

Realize it's a relatively short drive but no idea how long it will take to secure transport to the beach.

Our last visit we were on a tour that included a beach stop. it seemingly took forever for the large van to fill as the guide trolled for bodies to fill the seats.:rolleyes: I don't recall seeing standard taxis, assume they are there;)

Is the standard method of operation for taxis in St Kitts to pay by the vehicle or person? :confused:

Edited by keishashadow

"our ship" the Summit, arrives in port @ 8 am. Understand Carambola allows an hour+ arrival for reservations. Wondering if selecting 9:30 am is realistic if we scoot off when the ship is cleared or if I should go with a later time?

Realize it's a relatively short drive but no idea how long it will take to secure transport to the beach.

Our last visit we were on a tour that included a beach stop. it seemingly took forever for the large van to fill as the guide trolled for bodies to fill the seats.:rolleyes: I don't recall seeing standard taxis, assume they are there;)

Is the standard method of operation for taxis in St Kitts to pay by the vehicle or person? :confused:

You will also have Jewel of the Sea arriving with you in St. Kitts and I would scoot off the ship asap. I would highly suggest emailing Carambola to reserve loungers and an umbrella, cost would be $10 for each. Carambola is about a 15 min. ride from the pier and 9:30 arrival time sounds good to me with 2 ships in port. There are plenty of taxis to the right at the pier and also at Carambola to take you back. Taxi's charge per person and I believe we paid approx. $7 or $8 pp.

dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com

Enjoy your day at Carambola!

You will also have Jewel of the Sea arriving with you in St. Kitts and I would scoot off the ship asap. I would highly suggest emailing Carambola to reserve loungers and an umbrella, cost would be $10 for each. Carambola is about a 15 min. ride from the pier and 9:30 arrival time sounds good to me with 2 ships in port. There are plenty of taxis to the right at the pier and also at Carambola to take you back. Taxi's charge per person and I believe we paid approx. $7 or $8 pp.

dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com

Enjoy your day at Carambola!

thank you very much for the info!

I was surprised to have a response within a few hours last night from them. Really looking forward to a low-key day there.

the 9:30 am slot sounds great to me:D

Does anyone have a lunch menu from the restaurant? (I don't see one listed out there on the web. If I am overlooking it, please point me in the right direction. We didn't eat there last time. The drinks were marvelous though. lol Some of our group ate but I didn't so I don't know what is on the menu. Trying to convince Mr Ski to go there for lunch after other excursion.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...