Lowly gold status

banshee72

Sailing on Indy on March 16th. This will only be our second cruise, our first being on Enchantment about 7 years ago. Our paperwork says we are "gold" members. I'm assuming that since this is only our 2nd cruise that this means little to nothing, but it doesnt make any sense to give us any kind of status if it has no significance. Can anyone clear this up? Does "gold" mean anything other than the fact that you are a "newbie"?

There may be a priority boarding line for you at Port Everglades and you'll get a coupon book in your cabin. I like the coupons... they're fun and are worth a few dollars here and there.

I should say, you may get a coupon book since they're changing to electronic coupons sometime in March, so we might have our coupons loaded directly onto our SeaPass for our cruise.

Sailing on Indy on March 16th. This will only be our second cruise, our first being on Enchantment about 7 years ago. Our paperwork says we are "gold" members. I'm assuming that since this is only our 2nd cruise that this means little to nothing, but it doesnt make any sense to give us any kind of status if it has no significance. Can anyone clear this up? Does "gold" mean anything other than the fact that you are a "newbie"?

For every night you cruise you will earn 1 cruise point. If you cruise in a JS cabin or above you will earn 2 cruise points. As you earn more points you make your way up the ladder with Crown & Anchor which is the loyalty Program offered on all RCI ships.

Crown & Anchor Points

3 ~~ Gold Level

30 ~~ Platinum Level

55 ~~ Emerald Level

80 ~~ Diamond Level

175 ~ Diamond Plus Level

700 ~ Pinnacle CLub Level

You will also receive a coupon book that you can use while on your cruise. Here is a listing of the Current On Board Ultimate Value Coupons by C&A Level

You will also be eligible for balcony discounts once you reach Platinum level Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011 If booking a cruise on board you will also be eligible for getting an On Board Credit in addition to the balcony discount or the ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

The C&A Savings Certificates for Gold Members are....

For Inside Stateroom

$25 for 3-5 nights

$65 for 6-9 nights

$100 for 10-14 nights

$100 for 15+ nights

For Outside Stateroom

$50 for 3-5 nights

$125 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-14 nights

$200 for 15+ nights

You are also eligible to use savings certificates now. There are probably none available for your March cruise date, but in the future be sure to check the Crown & Anchor section of Royal's website and see if there are savings certificates available for cruises you might be interested in taking.

We all started out as gold/newbies. Enjoy your cruise.

Double cruise points for JS and up is a wonderful benefit! Also, check into Members Cruises (lots of extras) for future plans. We happened to stumble on a Member's Cruise on our second cruise with Royal Caribbean. It was 10 years between cruises, and they still had our cruise history!

We too are just mere gold members :)

We did get a booklet with some coupons. Some we didn't even use but others were actually pretty nice. I know there are posts with the exact benefits but we were super happy about the 'buy one get one free' for pictures. Since we both got a booklet, we got 4 pictures for the price of 2 which was awesome!

Was going to say the same thing. I detest the word "lowly". We were all Gold members once, and some still are and there is nothing lowly about a loyalty program that is free to join. :)

Hey! Watch it; we don't won't these Gold people thinking they're as good as us. :eek:

You are also eligible to use savings certificates now. There are probably none available for your March cruise date, but in the future be sure to check the Crown & Anchor section of Royal's website and see if there are savings certificates available for cruises you might be interested in taking.

How often are these (list of) saving certificates updated? I may be booking soon for an Allure cruise in February 2014. I didn't see anything in the present list.

How often are these (list of) saving certificates updated? I may be booking soon for an Allure cruise in February 2014. I didn't see anything in the present list.

Quarterly, on or about January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. They may update a day or two later, though.

I believe they are updated quarterly but I would check every month. Just found one for the Grandeur in January 2014 worth $200!

Double cruise points for JS and up is a wonderful benefit! Also, check into Members Cruises (lots of extras) for future plans. We happened to stumble on a Member's Cruise on our second cruise with Royal Caribbean. It was 10 years between cruises, and they still had our cruise history!

When we first started cruising there were always 3-4 Member's Cruises a year. In 2013 there is only 1 and that will be in November. Member Cruises today are nothing like they were 10 years ago.

We are gold too! We sailed on the Majesty in 1995! Good thing I save everything as our room key/charge cards were in the photo album. See you on the INDY on 3/16!

The best part of Gold status is reaching it.

That's probably true of every level ;).

I don't think I really even thought my C&A level would be worth anything to me until they redesigned the program and I realized I was Emerald, and rapidly approaching Diamond. I was cruising once every two years, then once per year, and now I am managing twice a year, with one of those being longer than 7 days. That's all my vacation time will allow.

I have to admit, I think I can see Diamond Plus in my future!

Not surprising you are Gold after just one cruise because you are now a repeater. this is very important to the cruise lines because for many people it is a love it or hate it thing. That you are willing to cruise again says everything to them. The #1 benefit, more so than the silly coupon book or check-in priority (sometimes) is the distinctive SeaPass card. Every time you use it the staff knows you are a repeater. Usually does not seem to make a big difference (service was good enough to get you to come back, right?) but just that hint of recognition is worth having. Never can tell.

We are only gold as well, actually I think we might turn platinum at the end of this next cruise. We are looking forward to meeting you on the Indy!

Archived