Who cancelled to move to Celebrity

cjmayes51

Because of the recent free drinks offer from Celebrity, my brother and his wife cancelled a Emerald 2014 cruise and booked Celebrity - saved about $1700. We were going to book another Emerald 10 day in March 2015, but if the free 123 drink promotions would come up we also would cancel and move to Celebrity. Will their free drink promotion force other lines to follow suit? Hint Hint. We have been on 3 Princess & 3 Celebrity and don't see a whole lot of differences.

Charlie

Yes, we did! We were on the CB in January and we were prepared to book a 2014 on the Royal Princess. After reading on these boards about the drink package offer with Celebrity, we immediately cancelled our plans and booked the Reflection. Saved us about $750.00 on the drinks and the cruise price was slightly cheaper, as well.

Love Princess, but it's hard to turn down a drink package for free for 2 people!

I found a website offering the Reflection for 1500$ for a med cruise for a blcony with. The 123 offerbut after calling said no not that price doesnot include 123 so it really was over 2500$ so basically you are. Paying 123 because the difference is 1000$ ....some bargain!!!!

Celebrity sells it for 2500$ about and gives you 2not 3

I will wait for better bargains .i expect summer prices to still go down judging from close transats which are dirt cheap ....wish i could go ...shucks but air. Is Sky high

I also was looking at a specific cruise, Black Sea. Found one on the Celebrity Constellation for $1349 OV and ALL 3 of the promotions! [online TA] Had to book it. Since, the price went WAY up, then was sold out.

I have not been on Celebrity, but my friend has and likened it as being equal to Princess. I have been on Holland and was not as impressed, though I would try them again if itenerary and price were right [that was great 17-day PC for $799].

I love Princess, but itenerary is 1st with me, and price. As for 1,2,3 promo, I wish Princess would do similar ...... hard to beat.

Doug

Just booked another Celebrity cruise with the 123 offer, that's 2 for 2013 and 1 for 2014. Checked prices with all Princess comparable sailings and we came out saving a minimum of $700.oo per sailing. Offer is good until Feb. 18th.

I was going to wait until after our princess cruise to book another cruise. I am going to book the summit out of san juan with this promotion. I can't believe they can offer that much savings. I don't like their website though.

Are their rooms as small as they look?

I always check Celebrity and RCCL when we are planning any cruise. However, Princess beats out both X and RCCL when it comes to itinerary.

I cobbled the equivalent of multiple cruises together to mirror what we are thinking of for 2014, and the cruise cost was about the same. The dates didn't work, though, so we'll keep looking at Princess.

We would only take the obc offer, since we get free happy hour drinks with Celebrity, and my travel agent pays our tips.

If Celebrity or RCCL got a little more creative with itineraries, we would gladly choose them, with or without offering the extra bonuses. We actually prefer the design of their ships.

I was going to wait until after our princess cruise to book another cruise. I am going to book the summit out of san juan with this promotion. I can't believe they can offer that much savings. I don't like their website though.

Are their rooms as small as they look?

Standard balcony on Celebrity is larger (with sofa) than Princess standard balcony (with chair). Celebrity's website does need to be improved, I agree.

I cancelled my Island Princess cruise for a Celebrity Solstice cruise. I don't qualify for the 123Go Promo (booked an inside single supplement which worked out to be cheaper than going with an outside with the promo), but the price and itinerary were really interesting. I have so many clients that book Celebrity, that I figured I better see what the fascination with them is. I love Princess, but it's good to kiss a few frogs every once in awhile. ;)

Standard balcony on Celebrity is larger (with sofa) than Princess standard balcony (with chair). Celebrity's website does need to be improved, I agree.

We have a mini suite this time because of the small rooms on princess.

We were spoiled with suite on our second cruise. Seriously wish I had not done that.

We have a mini suite this time because of the small rooms on princess.

We were spoiled with suite on our second cruise. Seriously wish I had not done that.

Offer 1 — Free Beverage Packages

Pair your meals with the perfect beverage by choosing our Beverage Package Offer — a value of $88* per day. Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two, including water, soda, coffee, wine, and spirits. For more clarification, read the small print at the bottom of this page:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer&ICID=hom_cr_wave2013_1301_multdest_wo_link

We were considering another Emerald 10 day east vs. Equinox 10 day south for next January - went with Equinox. In addition to the drink packages, a Concierge Class "hump" cabin (extra large veranda, sitting area, fresh flowers, no tub but large glass wall shower) was about 400 pp less than our customary Emerald deck mini-suite. No-brainer for us.

Archived