Sunday Feb 10, Sail Away-Come Watch the 'Queen' of Horns and NA.

PathfinderEss

By the AIS positon if there were going to be toots we should have heard them by now. I'm sure glad the webcam was set up so we could see Westie preparing to leave but it must have been just a bit too late for the crew. Goodnight all, and thanks Melodie, Dave, and Lou.

Roy

I am sooo mad at myself. I had it all set for 2230 sailaway. LOL I forgot that I am on the west coast. OH, the joys of getting old.

But it does not appear that I missed too much.

Sorry KNOT2L82SAIL, but in all actuality you didn't miss anything.

Hopefully there is next week and she will sail out at a decent time. :)

Melodie, thank you for being so kind. This being older than dirt is just not fun. I cannot believe that I had my brain set for 1030 our time. LOL

Yes.... next week will be better.

See you at the next meeting of the nutty addicts. ;)

Awe no problem, through I will correct myself because next Sunday the Westerdam is doing another charter cruise, so who knows if she will be on time or not.

From one who cannot see dirt, here is her schedule for next week. I think these could be fun cruises.

Westerdam : 17 February 2013 - 24 February 2013 : Soul Train Cruise charter

We had some discussion last night on the relationship between turning out the lights on the front of the ship and sailaway. Going through the thread it looks like this is about what happened:

Before 2200 there were lights on the bridge and the front of the ship. At 2200 (about 30 minutes before sailaway) I believe the lights inside the bridge were turned out. I didn't get a screenshot of the Westerdam with the bridge lights on but another poster seconded my impression that some lights were turned off at that time. leaving most of the forward lights on.

About 2230, just 2-5 minutes before sailaway, all the lights on the front of the ship were turned off, giving the bridge stafe an opportunity to fully adjust to the darkness. After that final extinguishment of the decorative lights, sailaway happened quite quickly.

2200.jpg.c1150893c27838febda94694e284fb5b.jpg

2232.jpg.5b8bde8f2754a7e00f0fcfca02ad8ba3.jpg

Archived