Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Here is the absolute most current update directly from my wife aboard the ship!

"We are about to get supplies from another cruise ship and apparently

the tug boats should be here tomorrow around noon. Who knows how long

it will take to get back to Galveston. We have no power AT ALL. Which

means we can't use the toilets, wash our hands, or take a shower."

I love Carnival. But I am deeply concerned. First Splendor now Triumph not to mention Dream that just hit a pier. All in one month. We are sailing with them next week.

I hear lunch is gone in MDR. That they have cut back on allot of things.

Could it be that Carnival has paid so much out for that ship last year that went down seeing that they own it?

One ship is fine . You do not hear this on RCL or Norwegian having this bad luck.

Sorry but Carnival should take care of the guests in a way. Some of the passengers could be loosing allot not being back in port.

Does not sound like a good thing right now. We are definitely getting scared of our cruise next week. Seeing that we told wonderful things to the other five couples going about Carnival.

Shame on people saying anything about what others are saying on here. It is a public site and everyone has the right to voice good or bad of their thoughts. That is why this is a public forum.

Now if it happened to you I do not think all goo butterfly feelings would be happening.

My husband & I could afford to be delay coming home. But some passenger's they save up for these trips. It does effect everyone.

I hope the passengers are all fine and get to a port soon! My question is will they port just anywhere they can get to at this point? And for the people that are leaving or suppose to leave, I did see where they are offering full refunds so being 2 hrs away and this is going to cost you I would have turned around. Otherwise show up and be prepared like the others for a delay. Wishing everyone a happy return and more fun sailings to come.

Oh my goodness...:(

I love Carnival. But I am deeply concerned. First Splendor now Triumph not to mention Dream that just hit a pier. All in one month. We are sailing with them next week.

I hear lunch is gone in MDR. That they have cut back on allot of things.

Could it be that Carnival has paid so much out for that ship last year that went down seeing that they own it?

One ship is fine . You do not hear this on RCL or Norwegian having this bad luck.

Sorry but Carnival should take care of the guests in a way. Some of the passengers could be loosing allot not being back in port.

Does not sound like a good thing right now. We are definitely getting scared of our cruise next week. Seeing that we told wonderful things to the other five couples going about Carnival.

Shame on people saying anything about what others are saying on here. It is a public site and everyone has the right to voice good or bad of their thoughts. That is why this is a public forum.

Now if it happened to you I do not think all goo butterfly feelings would be happening.

My husband & I could afford to be delay coming home. But some passenger's they save up for these trips. It does effect everyone.

Exactly when and where was it that the Dream hit a pier?

my sis just called, they have plenty of food, they are all fine but doesn't look like they will be back until Wednesday night. Said they are still having fun and gave me the task to call her boss who seems to think i was lying LOL. OH WELL glad they are enjoying the extended vacation.

If my memory serves me right the ship was out of service for over three months due to the extensive damage. Another poster stated that the Triumph's schedule for the rest of February has all ready been removed from Carnival's website.

Well, maybe Carnival can take advantage of a bad situation and use the time required to fix the Triumph and convert it into the "NEW" :rolleyes: Carnival Splash (or the other trademarked name, Carnival Sunrise).

I think that Carnival will still wait to see if the Destiny/Sunshine experiment indeed works before they commit the Triumph to the same kind of refurbishment, but after today's incident, it's obvious that something should be done soon...JMHO...

I just spoke to Carnival rep... Tug boat will be at the Triumph at noon tomorrow. I am booked on the February 16 sailing and she said our sailing will not be affected.

I feel terrible for the people on the ship right now! Especially those traveling with young children! :eek:

Do you feel like our sailing will really happen? To be honest, I'm pretty skeptical, although I'm trying to be optimistic...

If they have no power at all, How did she manage to get out this message? Does she have a satellite phone?

Thank you for the most current information. I feel so sorry for a ll these passengers. I mean it is pitch black. I would be extremely nervous right now.

Those photos are from 2011, not 2012.

They are my images and it was August. Flickr uses the photo attributes and th Olympus Pen 1 date was wrong. Look further at the Cozumel images and you will see some with a Sony point and shoot with the correct date.

My family and I were on the Splendor fire sailing. It was rough being on board, but I want you to know that carnival will do their best to keep everyone involved safe. Customer service at carnival is bad and always has been. They will be slow with information and follow up, but in the end everyone will be well compensated.

I just spoke to Carnival rep... Tug boat will be at the Triumph at noon tomorrow. I am booked on the February 16 sailing and she said our sailing will not be affected.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but she doesn't know. Even Cahill doesn't know right now. The phone reps can only speak to the party line at the moment. Truth is that no one really knows how many sailings will be affected. My completely uneducated guess is that the next sailing is gone, the one after that is most likely toast, and anyone sailing in the next month should start thinking about alternate arrangements if they want/need to vacation at that time.

It is a very crummy and unfortunate situation, none more so than for the ones on board right now. But it angers me that Carnival is allowing their reps to say with such confidence that a sailing is not affected. They do NOT know. No one does. For those of us booked in the next couple of months, all we can do is just wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

my sis just called, they have plenty of food, they are all fine but doesn't look like they will be back until Wednesday night. Said they are still having fun and gave me the task to call her boss who seems to think i was lying LOL. OH WELL glad they are enjoying the extended vacation.

I imagine there will be lots of bosses not wanting to believe this one :). Glad she is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing the update with us. I do not envy them right now at all, I'm sure she'll have a lot of stories to tell when she gets home, which will hopefully be soon!

But I'll add to the curiosity - how was she able to get that message through? Are they close enough to shore to get a cell signal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived