The "New" Horizon Court Design and International Cafe

OptionAnon

First world problems?????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused:

Its a saying among my friends when complaining about things that would only be complaints living in a first world society, for instance, "cell phone died", "buffet closed too early", "dvr didnt record my show" etc just a joke :). Contrast that with 3rd world problems such as "cant find food to eat", "no clean water" etc.. :(. Trying to keep things in perspective.

• 3 weeks later...
The Horizon Court is the worst feature of Princess. Poor design for handling crowds. I would hope they could figure this one out for future ships but apparently didn't learn early on.

Interesting that they did a pretty good job on the Sun Class ships - there weren't the same crowding problems as on the larger ships that came along later. The re-purposed area does seem to flow better...but I think the design isn't the issue - it's the passengers who feel that they have to be in line in order to use the facility.

...but I think the design isn't the issue - it's the passengers who feel that they have to be in line in order to use the facility.
I agree. I think many people don't realize they can go from station-to-station and just stand there. One time, I popped in and got some bacon and was practically attacked for "jumping the line." There was no one in front of the bacon. Go figure.

The table place settings in the HC are on the table. The only time we have to get the place settings is when we take a table that has just been cleared. Have never had the silverware handed out.

Previous Cruises

Island Princess – 2008 Alaska

Island Princess – 2009 Alaska (B2B)

Royal Princess – 2010 Alaska

Golden Princess – 2011 Alaska

Coral Princess – 2012 Panama Canal

Star Princess – 2012 Alaska

Upcoming Cruises

Crown Princes – 2013 Western Caribbean

Island Princess – 2013 Alaska

Caribbean Princess – 2013 Western Caribbean (4 Day)

• 2 weeks later...

So a couple of detailed questions about the Crown, did it get a buffet update?

Is there an "action" station at lunch where things are prepared to order? stir fry or indian foods?

when is sushi served?

Then regarding the IC for lunch - are there choices of paninis and sandwiches? are they made to order? is there just one soup at lunch? the same ones as in the buffer or different? I like soup at lunch :)

thanks for help with the details. I leave Saturday so getting very excited.

Pam I agree and think it is a people problem for the most part. It would help if they had an announcement in the Patter or on a separate sheet of paper on your desk the first day that explains the idea of going directly to whatever station you wish. We are such creatures of habit and buffet has always meant stand in line and no cuts by other people.

Is there an "action" station at lunch where things are prepared to order? stir fry or indian foods?

when is sushi served?

Then regarding the IC for lunch - are there choices of paninis and sandwiches? are they made to order? is there just one soup at lunch? the same ones as in the buffer or different? I like soup at lunch :)

The Crown has not been updated (as of November, 2012).

Don't recall any stir fry or Indian food made to order.

Sushi was served some days in the Club Caribe. Check the patter

Last April, on the Ruby, there was one way in and one way out. They had staff at far entrance to insure everyone went to the right line to enter. Cutlery was already set on tables.

Yes, but once inside you are free to move around the various stations.

I agree. I think many people don't realize they can go from station-to-station and just stand there. One time, I popped in and got some bacon and was practically attacked for "jumping the line." There was no one in front of the bacon. Go figure.

Yes I agree as well, people do bite your head off if you jump into an open spot to grab something really quickly. Many people assume it is a long line that one has to stay in to get anything.:(

Yes I agree as well, people do bite your head off if you jump into an open spot to grab something really quickly. Many people assume it is a long line that one has to stay in to get anything.:(

Probably the same folks who think that handicapped stalls in the bathroom are ONLY for the handicapped and won't use it.:rolleyes:

Probably the same folks who think that handicapped stalls in the bathroom are ONLY for the handicapped and won't use it.:rolleyes:

THAT's different. It's the same as handicapped parking spaces. They are there for those who need it. Not us able-bodied.

As far as the buffet on Princess (and other) ships, I've never stood in line, and never had anyone indicate they thought it was improper. Maybe they silently seethed..... :rolleyes:

THAT's different. It's the same as handicapped parking spaces. They are there for those who need it. Not us able-bodied.

No, the parking spots are different.

The bathroom stall can be used by anyone. There is no reason to leave it unused for hours while people are waiting in a line. However, if a handicapped person needs it, he/she should be the next one to use it.

No, the parking spots are different.

The bathroom stall can be used by anyone. There is no reason to leave it unused for hours while people are waiting in a line. However, if a handicapped person needs it, he/she should be the next one to use it.

I completely agree, handicapped parking is exclusively for the handicapped, however, the larger stalls for the handicapped were never intended to be used exclusively for the handicapped, purely designed with their needs in mind.

when is sushi served?

I am leaving in the morning....

Archived