Dress Code Question

SusieV

My husband and I are packing for our Reflection cruise on Saturday and he pulled out his tux and asked me if my formalwear was packed.

Formalwear? I don't even think I have room for regular clothes once the protein bars and tent and flashlights and solar battery chargers are in the suitcase! Do you think the cabin stewards will give me some extra sheets to make togas? I can probably find room for a BeDazzler so I can make it sparkly for formal night!

My husband and I are packing for our Reflection cruise on Saturday and he pulled out his tux and asked me if my formalwear was packed.

Formalwear? I don't even think I have room for regular clothes once the protein bars and tent and flashlights and solar battery chargers are in the suitcase! Do you think the cabin stewards will give me some extra sheets to make togas? I can probably find room for a BeDazzler so I can make it sparkly for formal night!

A dresscode question a day on Cruise Critic helps the day go by but is not as healthy as an apple.:confused:

Funny.....

In a serious note, from a Celebrity cruise virgin, how "formal" is formal on celebrity?

The brochure states polo/collared t- shirt or shirt and trousers/chinos for normal evenings but on formal nights, would a tux be order of the day or would a shirt and tie with smart trousers be acceptable?

Please don't hijack a dress code joke with a serious question....you're bringing us down!

You've read the brochure so you know that it states that a jacket is part of the formal night dress code

Actually, I hadn't read that part as I only briefly skim read the copy in the travel agents. Thank you for answering my question, albeit in a rather impolite fashion.

I apologise for hijacking this "joke" thread but I assumed that I would be chastised for starting "yet another" dress code topic anyway.

It would seem that I would be in the wrong either way...

Actually, I hadn't read that part as I only briefly skim read the copy in the travel agents. Thank you for answering my question, albeit in a rather impolite fashion.

I apologise for hijacking this "joke" thread but I assumed that I would be chastised for starting "yet another" dress code topic anyway.

It would seem that I would be in the wrong either way...

Ben, you might want to read this on Celebrity's page. There are some drop down information areas pertaining to preparing for your cruise. Just hit the one that says *Packing* and then *Evening Attire*. That should answer your questions. :)

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_getting_ready

Happy Cruising!:D

Oh heck...the duct tape should work great in case you have to tape a red bag on your bo bo.....perish the thought. Another thing...saran wrap can look pretty good with the silver duct tape in just the right places and some flashy earrings and necklace. :D :D ;)

The saran wrap can be a multi-tasker also...a fashion statement, and a pound reducer all at the same time!

I am SO glad I clicked on this thread! I know the original poster won't be on my cruise, but I am sure hoping that some of the others that have such a great sense of humor are sailing on March 16 Reflections. I'm anxious as can be to see the new fashion trends. Maybe we should start our own fashion awards!

Archived