Looking for a list of handy things to bring to make my cruise easier...

uscgwife

I bring the 1.5 oz spray can of lysol

Anti bacterial gel

travel kleenex

extra batteries for my camera in case they die

flashlight

mini alarm clock

travel size soaps, shampoo, toothpaste etc

travel slippers

Ginger pills to avoid sea sickness

Extra vitamin C

Just in case.. Tylenol; Imodium; Tums

Nail polish in case my nail color chips during vacation

Sun screen as well as aloe gel in case of sun burn

Gel inserts for high heals for night time (heals can be hard on the feet)

mini lint roller

travel shoe cloth to shine hubbys shoes

shower hook to hang loofah

highlighter

I always bring a couple of antibactarial wet wipes in a baggy and then wipe down the remote, door handles, safe door and table tops before we unpack. I know they clean but hey in over 25 cruises we have not had the norovirus. I also bring my favorite bar soap from home. Don't care to use the shower gel that's provided all week. We also have beach safes which go on a string that you can wear in the water to hold your seapass card at the beach, not always waterproof however.

We also bring wipes! First thing we do when we get to our room :)

My greatest find is an over the door shoe holder with clear plastic pockets. I hang it over the bathroom door and put all the essentials in it...meds, toothpaste, qtips, , sun screen. Etc..works great. I leave it packed all the time and replenish as needed. :p

If you are trying to conserve on space, I found a travel alarm clock from Brookstone that has a flashlight on the bottom. You can set how you want the light to work. Great for those trips to the bathroom in the dark. It can also light up the bathroom enough to not turn on the big light in the middle of the night.

Mary anne

There's an even better one that has an alarm, flashlight, music player, deck plans, and games. It's an iphone!

A bit pricier perhaps but worth it IMHO.

My new alarm clock app even turns on flashlight if you shake the phone, very handy in the middle of the night and easier than finding a small switch after too much alcohol. The clock app looks just like a real clock, I put the phone in a stand and you'd swear it was a digital clock.

For you luddites the flashlight on the phone is just the camera flash turned on, but it's really very bright.

Best part is now when I go out of town my wife isn't awakened by my alarm that I forgot to turn off! Boy that used to get me in hot water.

So my item (sorry if it's been mentioned already) is a charger that plugs in and gives you 4 USB ports for charging phones, ipads, earphones, kindles, etc.

Next time we are taking some hooks that can be removed from the wall and I have 2 large "S" hooks I use to hang wet swimsuits in the shower (for those who don't have a balconey)

Our #1 favorite travel items is a pill holder I got from Magellen travel. After losing most a day searching for medicine in St. Martin for our friends who got sick... I now carry a small supply of meds.

This is the size of a lady's wallet and you can store tons of meds in it. Something for colds, cipro, advil etc. plus it has a zipper in the the back to put any medical information you might need in case of a emergency.

fv690_lg.jpg.15b2a122ec165403707fe3f5a16d2a6c.jpg

3rd We carry a flyer from our insurance company with the numbers of where to call if you need medical assistance at port.

I'd hadn't thought anything about it until we took oversea's. We do get travel insurance but would want to contact our personal insurance office also.

I bring the battery powered tea lights - three in a pkg from Dollar Tree. One lasts 60 hours. I leave it in the bathroom, turn it on just before going to bed. The light it gives off is just right for a middle of the night trip to the bathroom.

Also at the Dollar Tree are some clothes pins that come 8 in a pkg. They are perfect for holding a towel on the lounge chair or securing clothes...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362032383.949367.jpg.2be0bea20044e465be725e148c7e475a.jpg

I use shower caps to pack my shoes and keep my clothing and suitcase clean.

Nicci

I just popped over to Amazon and scored this baby for $14.09 no tax and free shipping with prime. Thanks a ton. This will be so much easier than having to bring a large power strip with giant cord.

Thank you so much for posting. We just returned from the Adventure and boy, could we have used this!!!

Just ordered one from Amazon as well!! $14. Thanks for the great idea!

LOL, glad to help! I can't believe we suffered through 3 cruises without one of these. As Clarea mentioned, the plug portion rotates and locks in at 90° intervals so it's perfect for tight spots. Most cruise lines tend to frown upon anything with a cord attached so this is a great alternative to traditional power strips. Heck, we use ours at home too.

And thanks to the OP for posting this thread...very helpful for newbies and veterans alike! :)

I use shower caps to pack my shoes and keep my clothing and suitcase clean.

Nicci

We wear hats on our cruises and we use the type of clips you mentioned to clip our hats to the chairs while we're in the pool.

Don't forget to stuff small items in your shoes.

We also use bungees on the balcony to dry things. Just run the bungee through arm/leg holes so they don't blow away.

Our #1 favorite travel items is a pill holder I got from Magellen travel. After losing most a day searching for medicine in St. Martin for our friends who got sick... I now carry a small supply of meds.

This is the size of a lady's wallet and you can store tons of meds in it. Something for colds, cipro, advil etc. plus it has a zipper in the the back to put any medical information you might need in case of a emergency.

Yesterday I was so excited to order the Mini Surge Protector with USB Charger on Amazon for my next cruise (over a year away:rolleyes:) and now I absolutely must have this pill holder. Please give me a heads up as to where I might find one like it, if you know. Thanks for the great ideas. Even after almost 10 years of cruising, its great to still read about all these neat ideas! :)

Yesterday I was so excited to order the Mini Surge Protector with USB Charger on Amazon for my next cruise (over a year away:rolleyes:) and now I absolutely must have this pill holder. Please give me a heads up as to where I might find one like it, if you know. Thanks for the great ideas. Even after almost 10 years of cruising, its great to still read about all these neat ideas! :)

I just ordered the surge protector, pill holder and a small bottle of wrinkle release from Amazon. It all came to $32 with free shipping.

I just ordered the surge protector, pill holder and a small bottle of wrinkle release from Amazon. It all came to $32 with free shipping.

What kind of wrinkle release did you order? Are some better than others? I certainly do not need a lot for just 7 days but I am traveling with three women :eek: LOL

Spray or squirt type? I suppose one that has a good cap to avoid leaks in the suitcase.

Thoughts?

~Bob~

What kind of wrinkle release did you order? Are some better than others? I certainly do not need a lot for just 7 days but I am traveling with three women :eek: LOL

Spray or squirt type? I suppose one that has a good cap to avoid leaks in the suitcase.

Thoughts?

~Bob~

My wife uses Downy Wrinkle Releaser. There's a 3oz travel size on Amazon.

Also, instead of lanyards, we use small clip-on retractable badge holders for our Sea Pass cards; I went to Guest Services and had them punch 3 holes side-by-side, and that was enough for the plastic tab to fit through -- I just clipped it on the waistband of whatever I was wearing, it never seemed in the way, it was easy enough to remove when needed, and it didn't look dorky ;)

Where did you buy these, Sayok? I have one for my work badge and it's great, but where to buy? Thanks!

If the mini bottles of shampoo etc are too small, then I highly recommend lush's solid shampoos. In fact my son has very sensitive skin and one of the few shampoos he can use is a lush solid shampoo.

1 ultimate shine or soak n float solid shampoo bar https://www.lush.co.uk/product/446/Ultimate-Shine-Solid-Shampoo-Bar

1 Jungle gold solid conditioner bar https://www.lush.co.uk/product/241/Jungle-Solid-Conditioner

1 therapy massage bar to replace ALL body moisturisers https://www.lush.co.uk/product/427/Therapy-Massage-Bar

lush+shampoo+01.jpg

lushtherapy.jpg

Enough to shampoo, condition and moisturise a family of 3 for 2 weeks :), and all fits into a little ziplock baggy.

Archived