All Things Adventure of the Seas

What is the best time to check-in for a cruise on AD? I was planning on leaving the hotel around 11 and arrive at the port after a very short drive. Do you all think that might be to early? Just anxious to get onboard when I cruise I guess.:D

Cindy

That is not too early. Both time we sailed out of San Juan on Adventure, we left the hotel at 10:45. Doors can open as early as 11:30 and we have been on the ship by 12

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What is the best time to check-in for a cruise on AD? I was planning on leaving the hotel around 11 and arrive at the port after a very short drive. Do you all think that might be to early? Just anxious to get onboard when I cruise I guess.:D

Cindy

We get to the terminal around 10:45am. We've had to stand in line outside the terminal, but if you get there early enough, you are in the shade. Also, there is not a huge amount of seating inside, so if boarding is delayed for any reason, they stop letting people into the terminal when the seating is filled. We've had boarding start anywhere from 11:15am to 12:30pm. So I'd either get there before 11am or after 1:30pm.

We get to the terminal around 10:45am. We've had to stand in line outside the terminal, but if you get there early enough, you are in the shade. Also, there is not a huge amount of seating inside, so if boarding is delayed for any reason, they stop letting people into the terminal when the seating is filled. We've had boarding start anywhere from 11:15am to 12:30pm. So I'd either get there before 11am or after 1:30pm.

Yeah...Bob is right on target.

On 2 previous Adventure of the Seas cruises out of San Juan, we arrived about 10:45-11:00am...and got in with the first group of people. They typically let that first group inside, have them sit in their areas (Gold, Platinum, Emerald, etc.) for a couple minutes, and then start "processing" people for their SeaPass cards.

Once that all gets started, there seems to be a regular cadence of more larger groups arriving about every 30 minutes or so until about 1:30-2:00pm. After that, there's a steady, but small flow of arrivals.

Even when groups have to sit down...processing is pretty well done, although the sitting areas are not all that large (seating capacity).

I am on Adventure now. We left our hotel in Isla Verde at 11 and arrived at the pier around 11:15. Our cab driver was a jerk and tried to overcharge us. Be sure to negotiate the fare before you get in the cab. I should have asked the bellman at the hotel to get the fare for us. It is a good thing my mother speaks fluent spanish. Once she started arguing in spanish, he backed down and charged the correct rate.

At the pier, they wouldn't accept luggage before noon. We stood in line until then. It was very confusing and disorganised. I have sailed from SJ at least 8 times. This was the most disfunctional embarkation by far. After they take your luggage, you go inside the terminal and check in. We were on board and eating lunch by 12:30.

If I had to do it again, I would probably wait until 11:30 or 12 to leave the hotel. We sail from SJ again in July. I will plan better next time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am on Adventure now. We left our hotel in Isla Verde at 11 and arrived at the pier around 11:15. Our cab driver was a jerk and tried to overcharge us. Be sure to negotiate the fare before you get in the cab. I should have asked the bellman at the hotel to get the fare for us. It is a good thing my mother speaks fluent spanish. Once she started arguing in spanish, he backed down and charged the correct rate.

At the pier, they wouldn't accept luggage before noon. We stood in line until then. It was very confusing and disorganised. I have sailed from SJ at least 8 times. This was the most disfunctional embarkation by far. After they take your luggage, you go inside the terminal and check in. We were on board and eating lunch by 12:30.

If I had to do it again, I would probably wait until 11:30 or 12 to leave the hotel. We sail from SJ again in July. I will plan better next time.

I've seen them delay acceptance of luggage a couple of times. I don't know why that happens, but it makes for a confusing situation, because they end up having three parallel lines (suite, non-suite, and luggage) there that are not clearly indicated.

I've seen them delay acceptance of luggage a couple of times. I don't know why that happens, but it makes for a confusing situation, because they end up having three parallel lines (suite, non-suite, and luggage) there that are not clearly indicated.

We've sailed from SJU 5 times, and there have certainly been times when things "are not clearly indicated".......:)

Nevertheless I think all five times we arrived around 11:00 and were on board by noon.

Edited by bouhunter

Yup. This is what happened. No one knew where to stand in line. It was very chaotic. People were getting very antsy. One of the employees told us that they will no longer accept luggage before noon. I'm not sure how true or accurate this is. Could it be a union thing?

Yup. This is what happened. No one knew where to stand in line. It was very chaotic. People were getting very antsy. One of the employees told us that they will no longer accept luggage before noon. I'm not sure how true or accurate this is. Could it be a union thing?

On our trip in January, we were told the porters do not start work until noon. Sure enough, that is when the dock staff showed up. And yes, check in was an absolute mess!!

On our trip in January, we were told the porters do not start work until noon. Sure enough, that is when the dock staff showed up. And yes, check in was an absolute mess!!

So if the porters to not show up until noon, I wonder who was helping with the unloading of bags from the ship. Could there be a different union for unloading and loading?

So if the porters to not show up until noon, I wonder who was helping with the unloading of bags from the ship. Could there be a different union for unloading and loading?

Don't know... interesting point! Disembarkation was very smooth and organized.

Probably the same union. They must need a break after working so hard to unload the ship.:rolleyes:

Hi, does anyone know if there are any mirrors in the main part of the cabins or just in the washrooms? I'm traveling with two teen girls and I understand there aren't any electrical outlets in the washroom so they will have to straighten and curl their hair in the cabin. Just wondering if there are mirrors or should we bring some?

Hi, does anyone know if there are any mirrors in the main part of the cabins or just in the washrooms? I'm traveling with two teen girls and I understand there aren't any electrical outlets in the washroom so they will have to straighten and curl their hair in the cabin. Just wondering if there are mirrors or should we bring some?

Yes...there are actually more than one - by the desk location.

There will be plenty of mirrors for them I would think. There are several large mirrors above the desk, where I kept my straightener and then there is a full length mirror behind that. I should point out that we were in a balcony so that is how it was in there. Have a great time!

Edited by lauraodonnell86

There will be plenty of mirrors for them I would think. There are several large mirrors above the desk, where I kept my straightener and then there is a full length mirror behind that. I should point out that we were in a balcony so that is how it was in there. Have a great time!

Awesome thanks! We are in a balcony too. DH will be happy as he's already declared that we're not taking the house with us when I suggested we may have to bring a travel mirror. :eek:

Too many mirrors!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all! I will be on Adventure for the first time in 2017. It will be my 11th cruise with RCI at that point.

Is there an easy way to get answers to the usual questions without making everyone here answer for the 100th time? I know you must get tired of people asking when they can embark when the ship leaves so late, etc. If you could re-direct me to the particular post, I would be most appreciative.

I will then set out to try reading all the wonderful posts here. :)

Hello all! I will be on Adventure for the first time in 2017. It will be my 11th cruise with RCI at that point.

Is there an easy way to get answers to the usual questions without making everyone here answer for the 100th time? I know you must get tired of people asking when they can embark when the ship leaves so late, etc. If you could re-direct me to the particular post, I would be most appreciative.

we left our hotel at 10:40, doors opened about 11:30, through check in and seated inside the terminal by 11:45, boarding started about 12:15, seated and eating in the windjammer at 12:45 :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

At the top of the page, there is a place to click "Search This Thread". Works quite well :) Don't hesitate to ask if you can't find your answer!