All Things Adventure of the Seas

Thank you! I always admire the friendliness and helpfulness of those on Cruise Critic. It is certainly different on other social media sites!

I love the idea of boarding nice and early. It seems so different in San Juan with the late sailing time, and muster drill, checking out of your hotel, etc. I've wanted to take this particular cruise

For years!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I always admire the friendliness and helpfulness of those on Cruise Critic. It is certainly different on other social media sites!

I love the idea of boarding nice and early. It seems so different in San Juan with the late sailing time, and muster drill, checking out of your hotel, etc. I've wanted to take this particular cruise

For years!

Southern Caribbean itineraries are great. I love sailing out of San Juan.

For years!

we have sailed on Adventure twice now. we loved it and the southern routes so much we chose to get married on her last spring!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hello all! I will be on Adventure for the first time in 2017. It will be my 11th cruise with RCI at that point.

Is there an easy way to get answers to the usual questions without making everyone here answer for the 100th time? I know you must get tired of people asking when they can embark when the ship leaves so late, etc. If you could re-direct me to the particular post, I would be most appreciative.

I will then set out to try reading all the wonderful posts here. :)

Obviously you have done some searching on this already. I will be watching those same questions over and over again over the next year, but things change and their are abnormalities that come up on occasion so ask away!

I guess I need to go back to the first part, but then I seen where it had to click on this, so I guess I miss what you had wrote. We are to do this the 2nd of April, so I like to find out ALL about this ship.

Southern Caribbean itineraries are great. I love sailing out of San Juan.

Us too. We were just on Adventure of the seas 2 weeks ago Feb 27th. This was our 4th time on her. We are planning to sail her again after the dry dock in October. We want to see what changes they do.

Well I just "found" this, and I'm getting ready to start reading page "90." I have no clue where to start on this review (what page?), as it looks like it has been going on for a few years. That is why I started at the back of the pages, and started going forward, as going back a year or two will not help me now, when we are sailing the 2nd of April of "this" year.

Yes, I had read that they have hard beds also. Since they don't have egg crates, I guess I will ask for a LOT of blankets for my bed, but I will check it out the first night to see how it feels.

I understand they don't have bath robes also like Carnival, is that correct?

I know flying from Kansas City to San Juan is not cheap, so hopefully the cruise/itinerary will make up for it.

I'm just trying to read info from people who have been on this ship within the last 6 months. I have read a lot of negative, so I'm looking for something POSITITVE!

Atlantaalley, I don't know if you will see this since you posted "last year."

I believe you were on deck 9 also? Our room is on deck 9 too, and we are cruising the 2nd of April. I believe you said the mustered station was on the same deck, was it inside the ship? Maybe I am not thinking about this wrong. I have always thought the mustard drill was out side?

Well I just "found" this, and I'm getting ready to start reading page "90." I have no clue where to start on this review (what page?), as it looks like it has been going on for a few years. That is why I started at the back of the pages, and started going forward, as going back a year or two will not help me now, when we are sailing the 2nd of April of "this" year.

Yes, I had read that they have hard beds also. Since they don't have egg crates, I guess I will ask for a LOT of blankets for my bed, but I will check it out the first night to see how it feels.

I understand they don't have bath robes also like Carnival, is that correct?

I know flying from Kansas City to San Juan is not cheap, so hopefully the cruise/itinerary will make up for it.

I'm just trying to read info from people who have been on this ship within the last 6 months. I have read a lot of negative, so I'm looking for something POSITITVE!

I was on the ship in Sept and had a great time. I don't go on a cruise to seek out the negatives. Frayed carpets, rust on the balcony - I noticed none of this but I'm sure it's present. Is that going to stop me from having a great cruise? Not at all.

Staff was great, food was typical cruise fare and it was good enough to keep us from starving for the week. Enjoyed the ship so much will be back on her for my first B2B next November. She's also going into be refurbished this October so I'm sure they will take care of all concerns.

Deck 9 - inside state room question.

If you have been on deck 9, inside state room, are there very many shelves, drawers, hangers to put your things away in?

When using the vault, do you slide a card (one of your own) through it, or do you just put numbers in?

• 1 month later...

We were on Adventure in January and they were offering Pinnacle, D+, and D discounts on drink packages. At the time it was 40%, 30%, and 20% off respectively. Does anyone know if these discounts are still being offered?

We were on Adventure in January and they were offering Pinnacle, D+, and D discounts on drink packages. At the time it was 40%, 30%, and 20% off respectively. Does anyone know if these discounts are still being offered?

There is a pretty recent thread that the discounts are no longer being offered on the drink packages.

I wrote a review, and we were very happy with our cruise. I had read so much bad, but I decided to go on this ship with an open mind. All the personnel, no matter whether their job was small or large were very nice, and friendly, whether they had to or not. I know the ship is going into dry dock, but I didn't see that much wrong with it, like some people had COMPLAINED about.

I wrote a review, and we were very happy with our cruises. I had read so much bad, but I decided to go on this ship with an open mind. All the personnel, no matter whether their job was small or large were very nice, and friendly, whether they had to or not. I know the ship is going into dry dock, but I didn't see that much wrong with it, like some people had COMPLAINED about.

Glad to hear positives about the Adventure. We will be on the ship in November.

We were on board this past February 17th to March 5th. It was our 4th time on her. Had absolutely no issues as usual with our cruise. We are looking forward to sailing her again after she goes through Dry Dock in October. Want to see the new changes they will be making to her.

Sorry but I cant find a post more recent than 2008.

Can anyone tell me how well the hairdryers work on this ship? I have very curly hair, and would like to dry/straighten it for dinner without taking my own from home.

Thanks!!

Can anyone tell me how well the hairdryers work on this ship? I have very curly hair, and would like to dry/straighten it for dinner without taking my own from home.

Thanks!!

As someone with very curly hair, I suggest you invest in a good curl cream (like Morrocon Oil Curl defining cream...$30 or so) or a really heavy gel. The curl cream is better for your hair and super mousturizing, but the gel will hold better and will be a lot cheaper.

Any time I've ever attempted to dry and straighten my hair has been met with extreme disappointment on my end for my unwillingness to just accept that caribbean weather calls for "beachy hair" aka, curly, for a reason :)

Can't speak for the blow dryer because I didn't even look for it, and don't recall if there even was one, but I can guarantee you it wouldn't have done anything but dry my hair for the 30 minutes it took me to get dressed and head back outside.

Thanks!!

Every cabin has a hair dryer in one of the top drawers of the desk. They are NOT the strongest hair dryers. Probably less than 1000 watts; not the 1850 max size you might have at home. For me, it works just fine....for you it might not.

I was wondering which way would give us more room in our cabin; keeping the 2 beds separate or putting them together to make one queen? Its just my teenage daughter and I, so it doesnt matter to us how we sleep.

Thank you about the hair dryer replies. I know it will be a battle with the humidity, I was just hoping to try it for dinner....but betting I will just be putting my hair up after the first try! :(