are Salmon pancakes still available for breakfast?

I love pancakes. I love salmon. Salmon pancakes (and like BND I must have blocked them from my mind) sound um...er.... odd? Of course I love escargot and some people wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

some people wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. That's me when my wife is lovin em..

Still no word on the salmon pancakes?

Never heard of them and it looks like no one else including many veterans of RCI are in the same situation. Even on our Alaska cruises they were not a menu item. Where and when did you ever have them on an RCI ship? It seems a bit early for an April 1 post.

Never heard of them and it looks like no one else including many veterans of RCI are in the same situation. Even on our Alaska cruises they were not a menu item. Where and when did you ever have them on an RCI ship? It seems a bit early for an April 1 post.

Or, perhaps Spring Break?

RCCL has never served salmon pancakes on any ship I've sailed in the last 40 years, and that's as of December 2012.

Crab cakes for breakfast? Really?

The same kind usually served as a dinner appetizer?

They were billed as Crab Cake Benedict, but it was served as eggs benedict (minus the Canadian bacon) with a crab cake on the side.

Peasants! ;)

It's not a real pancake, it's more like a blini that would be found under some caviar. A blini is a non-sweet pancake, usually made from potato.

A salmon "pancake" is usually salmon with some creme fraiche on the "pancake." (blini)

If you google it you will see some nice pictures and might change your minds!

I have no idea if they have them but if they do I'll eat a bunch.

Peasants! ;)

It's not a real pancake, it's more like a blini that would be found under some caviar. A blini is a non-sweet pancake, usually made from potato.

A salmon "pancake" is usually salmon with some creme fraiche on the "pancake." (blini)

If you google it you will see some nice pictures and might change your minds!

I have no idea if they have them but if they do I'll eat a bunch.

Nope, never seen that on RCI either, so us "peasants" must be on the wrong cruise line.:rolleyes:

You had to google it didn't you? Come on, fess up.

Archived