2014 / 2015 Deployment Update

Andy

I know you must call Captains Club for details. I've said that 50 times on this thread :)

If I've told you once, I've told you a million times: don't exaggerate!

Or, should I say, but who's counting?

Here's a better question, though. Did you know that a Captain's Club member who books a cruise before it's open to the general public has to fill out a pesky form and fax or snail mail it to Celebrity to transfer a booking to a travel agent?

Here's a better question, though. Did you know that a Captain's Club member who books a cruise before it's open to the general public has to fill out a pesky form and fax or snail mail it to Celebrity to transfer a booking to a travel agent?

I think I've read that previously, but I thought the form was to transfer from one TA to another. Not sure why Celebrity would need it, but in the world we live in, of everything being documented, I suppose there's logic to it.

You could just have your TA do the booking

I know you must call Captains Club for details. I've said that 50 times on this thread :)

Andy

You can also see all the details online if you sign onto your Captain's Club account first. Someone posted the details of how to do it some pages back. [Thanks to whoever that was!]

Sign onto MyCelebrity, click on Captain's Club and follow through to Special Offers [or something like that]. Then you can see all the itineraies already released to Captain's Club members in just the same ways as normal.

Sue

Andy

You can also see all the details online if you sign onto your Captain's Club account first. Someone posted the details of how to do it some pages back. [Thanks to whoever that was!]

Sign onto MyCelebrity, click on Captain's Club and follow through to Special Offers [or something like that]. Then you can see all the itineraies already released to Captain's Club members in just the same ways as normal.

Sue

Sue,

Whenever I try to see what the offers are through mycelebrity, the UK link only shows what's available this year i.e. balcony upgrade and discounted flights, not for early booking on next year's itineraries :confused:.

Not sure whether to wait and see if the 123 promotion comes on again for next year's sailings (past April 2014 cruises and book in US), or take the early booking offer (if there is one) :confused:?

Do any of the USA cruisers know if Iceland & the Fjord cruises were eligible for the two items on the 123 promotion this year, or was it just the one?

Thanks.

Any time you book with Celebrity and transfer to a TA Yu mist fill out this form. Doesn't have anything to do with early booking. It's for your protection. Not a big deal to fill out and get back to them in exchange for TA perks.

Sue,

Whenever I try to see what the offers are through mycelebrity, the UK link only shows what's available this year i.e. balcony upgrade and discounted flights, not for early booking on next year's itineraries :confused:.

Not sure whether to wait and see if the 123 promotion comes on again for next year's sailings (past April 2014 cruises and book in US), or take the early booking offer (if there is one) :confused:?

Do any of the USA cruisers know if Iceland & the Fjord cruises were eligible for the two items on the 123 promotion this year, or was it just the one?

Thanks.

If you are in MyCelebrity you will have been transferred to the .com website. Or, at least, that is what happens to me. I click on Manage My Booking in the top right of the UK website. It take you to the Manage My Booking screen. Scroll down and click on My Celebrity. That takes you to the .com site where you sign onto your My Celebrity account. Click on Captains Club/Exclusive Offers in the drop down box in the top right of the screen. Scroll down to Celebrity Special Promotions and click on More Details. You can then search for cruises and, for me, the 2014/15 cruises come up.

Sue

If you are in MyCelebrity you will have been transferred to the .com website. Or, at least, that is what happens to me. I click on Manage My Booking in the top right of the UK website. It take you to the Manage My Booking screen. Scroll down and click on My Celebrity. That takes you to the .com site where you sign onto your My Celebrity account. Click on Captains Club/Exclusive Offers in the drop down box in the top right of the screen. Scroll down to Celebrity Special Promotions and click on More Details. You can then search for cruises and, for me, the 2014/15 cruises come up.

Sue

Sue,

I can see the cruises, but I don't see any Captain's Club promotions for next year's itineraries i.e. OBC or money off promotions? Is the price that showing inclusive of any deals? Usually, on the screen with the promotions, there's a box for early booking incentives - don't see that at all because it just takes me back to this year's deals?

TBH, I think I may wait and see if the 123 promotion comes on offer for next year's itineraries - appears to be a great deal. Wish I could pre-empt the situation (to wait or to book); I'm sure many others feel the same. We could all do with a crystal ball....lol :D. Now that's a thought - I'm sure Host Andy would love to purchase a few :rolleyes:.

Sue,

I can see the cruises, but I don't see any Captain's Club promotions for next year's itineraries i.e. OBC or money off promotions? Is the price that showing inclusive of any deals? Usually, on the screen with the promotions, there's a box for early booking incentives - don't see that at all because it just takes me back to this year's deals?

TBH, I think I may wait and see if the 123 promotion comes on offer for next year's itineraries - appears to be a great deal. Wish I could pre-empt the situation (to wait or to book); I'm sure many others feel the same. We could all do with a crystal ball....lol :D. Now that's a thought - I'm sure Host Andy would love to purchase a few :rolleyes:.

Hi Villauk,

I do not see speicific itineraries either. What I see, is a list of ships, dates, and a whole bunch of ports all rolled into one. I'd would have liked to see specific detailed itinerary information for each ship, on the Captains Club page. Guess it's not on their agenda.

And yes - I'm always in the market for an "upgraded" Crystal Ball, but I'm extremely happy with my predictions over the years. :D

Hi Villauk,

I do not see speicific itineraries either. What I see, is a list of ships, dates, and a whole bunch of ports all rolled into one. I'd would have liked to see specific detailed itinerary information for each ship, on the Captains Club page. Guess it's not on their agenda.

And yes - I'm always in the market for an "upgraded" Crystal Ball, but I'm extremely happy with my predictions over the years

This is what I see as well. I'm waiting to see what the Med itinerary pricing looks like. I know I can call but I would rather be able to see it all in one place.

This is what I see as well. I'm waiting to see what the Med itinerary pricing looks like. I know I can call but I would rather be able to see it all in one place.

Hi Lovemylab,

I'd rather see detailed deployment information in one place as well... and that place should be Celebrity's website. What they are currently posting, is of little value to a customer who is eager for imformation, and trying to select a future Celebrity cruise.

Something to think about... imagine how much money Celebrity could have saved, if countless Captains Club members were not forced to call a toll-free phone number to inquire about information which could have easily been published on their website. With the extended hold times, and an unfortunate round of bad weather at Captains Club Wichita home base... their toll-free phone bill is going to be U-G-L-Y !!!. Additionally, I've wonderd how many hours of Captains Club productivity has been wasted on repetitive itinerary questions, and non-sales related phone calls ? How many guests grew tired of waiting - hung up, and possibly booked elsewhere ? Those are lost opportunities.

IMO, much of this is money down the drain. If only the wasted funds weren't the case, and the savings were allocated to their website... we'd all be happier Celebrty customers right now.

I had an interesting discussion with my TA about the situation. She said that she cannot see the prices in CruisingPower either, and has to call Celebrity to get pricing for me. Unfortunately, she has been sitting on hold as well. She is wondering if Celebrity let some people go, or at least didn't replace some people who left, and as a result their web support team is the worst it has ever been and there are fewer people to answer the phones.

I finally got some basic price points for the cruises that we are interested in and they seem a bit higher than we were hoping for based on pricing for the last couple of years. I had to call Captain's Club myself and sit on hold just to get a pricing idea. Really silly. Luckily, I could put the phone on speaker while I worked on dinner.

I guess I'll wait until the end of the week when they open up the cruises in CruisingPower before booking. I might have to anyway, since we are taking the kids and they don't have CC numbers and we don't want to share a room with them. :)

Hi Lovemylab,

I'd rather see detailed deployment information in one place as well... and that place should be Celebrity's website. What they are currently posting, is of little value to a customer who is eager for imformation, and trying to select a future Celebrity cruise.

Something to think about... imagine how much money Celebrity could have saved, if countless Captains Club members were not forced to call a toll-free phone number to inquire about information which could have easily been published on their website. With the extended hold times, and an unfortunate round of bad weather at Captains Club Wichita home base... their toll-free phone bill is going to be U-G-L-Y !!!. Additionally, I've wonderd how many hours of Captains Club productivity has been wasted on repetitive itinerary questions, and non-sales related phone calls ? How many guests grew tired of waiting - hung up, and possibly booked elsewhere ? Those are lost opportunities.

IMO, much of this is money down the drain. If only the wasted funds weren't the case, and the savings were allocated to their website... we'd all be happier Celebrty customers right now.

Like lots of business decisions, Penny wise and pound foolish.

Luckily, when I called in to book last Friday, I didnt have to wait at all.

I had first booked a Norway Fjord cruise since the Med information was not available. I went and canceled that booking. Now, today I get a call from Celebrity inquiring about my on-hold Norwegian Fjord Cruise. Not sure why their booking system took a cancelation to be an online on-hold reservation. That was more time wasted.

I completely agree with all of you. Though I wasn't on hold very long when I called last Thursday, it was a waste of my time to have the Celebrity rep read me five itineraries, one itinerary at a time. I'd much rather read them myself, and spend only five minutes booking! Michelle

I completely agree with all of you. Though I wasn't on hold very long when I called last Thursday, it was a waste of my time to have the Celebrity rep read me five itineraries, one itinerary at a time. I'd much rather read them myself, and spend only five minutes booking! Michelle

Me too.....I prefer reading each one. And once everything is

released? You can go to other sites (not allowed to mention) but there

are sites on the web that actually have easier ways to see everthing.

But of course, they are not there until Celebrity opens them to the

public.

I don't understand why these itineraries releases are done in such a slow, delayed, secretive way. I am a huge Celebrity fan, but I have booked 2014 cruises elsewhere as other lines have had their itineraries available for awhile. If Celebrity is interested in competing with some of the "higher end" lines, they might take a page from their book and release itineraries in a more organized way.

Michael

I just spoke to my TA. She called Captains Club to book me a last minute Pacific Coast and get pricing the Med 2014. She said that the site is supposed to open up tomorrow for regular bookings.

In fact, the prices she was getting were so strange to her, that she was wondering if they were really correct.

With all the craziness, we decided we'll just wait until tomorrow to put our package together. We know pretty much what we want, but it will be easier to run the numbers when I can see them instead of all these crazy phone calls.

I don't understand why these itineraries releases are done in such a slow, delayed, secretive way. I am a huge Celebrity fan, but I have booked 2014 cruises elsewhere as other lines have had their itineraries available for awhile. If Celebrity is interested in competing with some of the "higher end" lines, they might take a page from their book and release itineraries in a more organized way.

Michael

Hi Michael, over the years Celebrity has always released one itinerary

at a time. This year is different because they are giving Capt's Club

memebers "first dibs"..if you want to call it that......but I do agree,

it is a bit frustrating and annoying.

Not sure they are competing with higher end lines:eek: then again,

I have never sailed a "luxury line" so maybe I shouldn't say anything.

Can any one tell us when X would have the Trans Atlantic & Europe cruises for this ship in 2014 posted ?

TIA

Hi McCruiser,

They are available for Captains Club members, but you must call Celebrity or your Travel Agent, for information & reservations. If you are not a Captains Club member, they should be open for public booking within the next day or so.

I hope this helps !

Hi Michael, over the years Celebrity has always released one itinerary

at a time. This year is different because they are giving Capt's Club

memebers "first dibs"..if you want to call it that......but I do agree,

it is a bit frustrating and annoying.

Not sure they are competing with higher end lines:eek: then again,

I have never sailed a "luxury line" so maybe I shouldn't say anything.

So this is new that Captains Club members can call in for pre-release? I thought that they had done that in the past as well, at least for Elite Captains club.

Archived