2014 / 2015 Deployment Update

Andy

Spoke to a 4 striper on one of the ships about pricing. Told me that Celebrity has been woking on about a 3% profit margin making it one of the lowest in the business. I suggested that there were at least 2 ways to increase margins: (1) reduce cost by cutting staff and service; or (2) raising prices. I suggested that I would be willing to pay more if there is a marked improvement in the overall experience. I believe that either cutting cost by reducing staff and sevices or raising prices without improving the experience would be counterproductive and cost revenue in the long run. He appeared to agree adding that raising cost might also "improve the quality of passengers" (his words, not mine). He indicated that they seem to experience more problems when prices are lowered. I know that this statement could cause a great debate and I'll not make further comments. Suffice it to say that I believe that we are just seeing the tip of the price rise trend and this will have an impact on all aspects of cruising including ship deployments.

Only too true. I was speaking to the manager of one of our budget chain hotels a year or two back. This chain often sells one or two rooms at selected hotels at incredibly low prices. He told me that those customers are usually the most difficult and demanding of all his guests.

Sue

Andy,

there is no TAs for Equinox listed....Wonder why?

Celebrity Equinox

14-Night Spanish

Serenade Cruise 2014 – Oct. 27 Spain: Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca, Valencia, Malaga; Canary Islands: Lanzarote,

Tenerife; Florida: Ft. Lauderdale

It is also on their website , and you can book the trips

Hi Airbalancer,

I know there are other options, but I thought seeing the itinerary details in an excellent document, would be helpful, and much easier than hunting all over Celebrity's website.

Personally, I'd rather review the document, and call Celebrity or your TA, but to each his/her own. As much as I love technology, I'd rather book my Celebrity cruises on the phone, than deal with their website.

Hi Airbalancer,

I know there are other options, but I thought seeing the itinerary details in an excellent document, would be helpful, and much easier than hunting all over Celebrity's website.

Personally, I'd rather review the document, and call Celebrity or your TA, but to each his/her own. As much as I love technology, I'd rather book my Celebrity cruises on the phone, than deal with their website.

Hey Andy

I find with a picture of the route , it makes it much easier for me to understand the cruise. I am a picture guy, I never read Playboy for the articles :p

Also the pricing is there, so if I do see anything which I do not consider to be good value, I will not phone to waste anyone's time

Does anyone know how long the Captain's Club early booking discounts for 2014 Med cruises will be available?

(Sorry if this is posted somewhere already but I'm at the office and can't spend alot of time looking!)

Thanks.

Janet

Does anyone know how long the Captain's Club early booking discounts for 2014 Med cruises will be available?

(Sorry if this is posted somewhere already but I'm at the office and can't spend alot of time looking!)

Thanks.

Janet

Hi Janet,:) I was told by one of the Capt's Club reps that the discounts

will be running through June. Not sure if it is June 1st or June 30th

though.

Thanks.

Janet

Hi Janet,

The Captains Club Early Access promotion runs through June 30th. Here's the details : http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/13033107_CEL_Captains_Club_Deployment_Offer_Flyer.pdf

I hope this helps !

If I read this correctly a celebrity passage is combinable this Captains Club Early Access promotion

Yes, you are able to use a "passage" to book....It says it in the "fine print"

and I had called Capt's Club and they actually confirmed the same thing;)

Interesting to see an 8night gap of infinity after her TA and before she goes on

her Panama voyage.

Thank you

I guess we will be booking on board the Silhouette in about 2 weeks :D

I already have a passage and am waiting to use it.....I just have to

figure out what to do:rolleyes:.....which itinerary, how much $, etc..etc...

anyone who works fulltime would understand;)

I already have a passage and am waiting to use it.....I just have to

figure out what to do:rolleyes:.....which itinerary, how much $, etc..etc...

anyone who works full time would understand;)

No kidding

Working for myself, I am the worst boss

In Nov /14 is our 35, Transatlantic would be nice

Transatlantic are about the best valve out there

No kidding

Working for myself, I am the worst boss

In Nov /14 is our 35, Transatlantic would be nice

Transatlantic are about the best valve out there

They might be the best value but they always fall very late in the month.

The one time I cannot cruise:eek:...month end close.....

for 2014 bookings??? Both East and West??? I think I read on the board that they were posted yesterday...but want to be sure before I do my bookings!! Thanks!!! LuAnn

Yes, they are on the Celebrity website. We're already booked on the Silhuette 1 Nov 2014. I think you can still get a Captain's Club early booking discount.

Yes, they are on the Celebrity website. We're already booked on the Silhuette 1 Nov 2014. I think you can still get a Captain's Club early booking discount.

Yes, the Captains Club early booking offer is available through June 30th.

Hi Jveevers,

Based on what we paid for our Eclipse sailings this season, prices appeared to be much higher for Caribbean sailings this year, over last

IMO, the higher than normal pricing is more about the marketing/promotions currently offered, and not necessarily the region. With all of the turmoil in Europe, and my belief that things may get much worse before it gets better... I'd be very surprised if Europe 2014 will be a huge success. The only thing that may keep it respectable, is 123 GO.

Prices for most TA's next year are also significantly higher, in that the inside cabins on the one I am loooking at for next April are more than the 2A veranda we got in the Captain's Club sale last year for this November. Sales weren't great on that TA until they offered the 123 Go and now several categories are sold out. Although the promotion has filled their ships, we aren't drinkers and that whole direction is lost on us. I understand their marketing but we cannot book because of the steep increases. Yea for them - boo for us. :mad:

excuse my ignorance but what is the captains club discount and is 123 go available on t/a ' s?

Thanks

Hi Gordy,

If it's a new deployment booking - meaning the itineraries recently announced (April 2014-May 2015), they have their own promotion, which cannot be combined with 123 GO. Here's the new deployment offer for Captains Club members : http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/13033107_CEL_Captains_Club_Deployment_Offer_Flyer.pdf

The current round of 123 GO, is available for sailings from 6/1/13 - 3/31/14. Details are located here : http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13033253_CEL_123Go_Again_Flyer.pdf

I hope this helps !

I can't wait for the fall 2014 Caribbean to come out. We're considering booking a B2B with RCCL Legend of the Seas from QC to FLL since we don't have to spend money on airfare, and thought a short Caribbean sailing while we're there might be nice :)

I'm not sure how we'll like Legend after the S class, but the itinerary looks nice.

We were able to book with an Open Passage and get the discounted price for each room that had a Captain's Club member in it.

We're taking the whole family from Venice to Istanbul in June 2014!

Are you on the 6-14-14 cruise? If so, come join our Roll Call!

Archived