Canadian Cruise Shopping strategies

Choinski

I'm considering a Canadian Cruise (August) and was interested in knowing when the best sales would be.

Also, I'd like to keep the option of sharing a room with another couple (some sales allow you to add them for a reduced rate). If I book now, can I change a 2-person booking to a four-person booking if a bteer price comes up?)

Thanks!

I'm considering a Canadian Cruise (August) and was interested in knowing when the best sales would be.

Also, I'd like to keep the option of sharing a room with another couple (some sales allow you to add them for a reduced rate). If I book now, can I change a 2-person booking to a four-person booking if a bteer price comes up?)

Thanks!

You can make changes to your booking up until final payment.

As to having two couples in a room on a cruise ship, most people here would suggest you spend a weekend with the four of you in a closet before you make a decision to share. If not a closet, at least a very small hotel room. :)

Not all rooms are designed to hold four people and even it the one you choose for a twosome can hold four, if you wait to book the other couple until later, you may be told you cannot even though the room would hold them.

All ships have an absolute maximum number of guests and once they reach that number, that is all they can sell.

There is NO chance we would ever consider sharing a room with our very best friends who we adore and would walk on hot coals for..... but not share a cabin. :eek: :)

Bad idea, IMO.

Maybe if you book the penthouse it would be do-able:confused: but only on the ships that have the large penthouses with the queen size sofa beds that pull down. Even then as much as I love my friends and they love me, I don't think we would want to be together 24/7. that takes a lot of gumption IMO. and no desire whatsoever for privacy or time alone!

The thought of sharing a cabin with 3 other adults gives me the heebie-jeebies.

As to your first question, right now seems to be a pretty good time for Canada/NE pricing on HAL. I saw the Boston RT cruise in August beginning at $699 inside just yesterday. I'd be interested in seeing how much lower it's going to go.

I have to agree with everyone. I would only share 4 to a room with my immediate family, and have done so without any issues and the kids had a blast. My 4 to a room includes my husband, son, and daughter. Anyone else would have to get their own room, even my sister. I would love to travel with another couple but they in their space, me in mine.

Too close for (my) comfort.

Everyone is focusing on sharing the room, and I agree that it's likely to be too tight. But you're also sharing one bathroom and closet/drawer space that's really designed for two, maybe three. I think HAL looks at the discounted 3rd/4th passenger fare as a way to allow families to afford to travel.

2 aduts in a cabin with 1 bathroom is enough for me. We don't have small children so I can't comment on that. Sailed with my 14 y/o in a verandah cabin our first cruise and after that we got him an inside cabin across the hall and let him bring a friend.

As for pricing, the price may drop after final payment - but then you run the risk of getting "leftovers" and may not be able to get the catagory of cabin that you want. Or, if they cruise starts selling well, the price could go up.

Things I'd rather do then sharing a room with 4 adults:

1) Poke my own eyes out

2) Any dental work

3) Major surgery

4) Work

etc.

How much more cheap can you get than $699:confused:?

How about $999.00 inside or $1099 outside for 15 nites. Fll. to Yul. Maasdam May 3/13?

Thanks!

Nooooooooooo don't do it.... for all the reasons posted above.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

You do realize that unless you book a large suite most likely the third bed will be a single sofa bed and the fourth will be an upper bunk type bed.

I agree with the other posters, 4 adults in a cabin, even a deluxe suite is a tight fit. If you insist on doing this though, one thing that can help is to have one couple use the Spa showers (you can rotate days) to help the bathroom situation.

We did this for my Mother (she injuried her ribs and could not get into the tub/shower in the cabin) who was traveling with us and it worked fine.

DaveOKC

Archived