!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Ok so this is the largest gap of pictures and notes, the last note and picture I have is this one of another bloody mary.

DSC02359_zps62772470.jpg

The last note say that I passed out out by the main pool area on a lounge, lol. My guess is that I slept for a couple of hours, it was well needed rest. I was actually woken up by that horrible a cappella group, singing by the pool. lol :D and that was our cue to leave. Funny that I took that note.

Then after that we headed to the room and I took note of our position.

DSC02361_zps548f9b1f.jpg

DSC02362_zpsfae3ece7.jpg

DSC02363_zps6ae37ecc.jpg

DSC02369_zps10d2628b.jpg

That is it folks, I have to get some rest. Tomorrow morning I should be able to get day 2 finished and hopefully start on day 3. I promise things get better, Day 2 was our least memorable day. I am not entirely sure why, possibly me bring sick and other factors. Although the next set should be a lot of fun since part of it is at the martini bar =)

Sweet dreams everyone!

Glad I stayed up longer than I was planning to catch the new batch of pictures! This time I had more than enough battery!! :D

Geez, I feel like your pictures are getting better and better as they go on and they were already amazing.

DSC02079_zps5b0469a6.jpg

Is it just me? but I think the aft cabins on the S class ships are too exposed.

DSC02084_zps133cdb12.jpg

We are grateful every time such an opinion gets perpetuated! We totally love the AFT cabins on the S-Class ships. The fewer ppl interested in them, the better it is for us.

Hm..but, the OP loves the AFT cabins as well. Competition, Competition...

We are grateful every time such an opinion gets perpetuated! We totally love the AFT cabins on the S-Class ships. The fewer ppl interested in them, the better it is for us.

Are the balconies for the aft cabins larger than hump balconies? To me they look quite large.....also, somewhat lacking in privacy from the upper levels to views below.

Great job Gambee! Your pictures and adventures are as usual amazing. Looks like you surely got your moneys worth with the drink package during the first day. (Though you didn't really pay for the package in a round about way). You must have had well more than 7-8 drinks that first day. :)

Drink package certainly helped out during this cruise though eh? Not as much drink sharing with mom? :p

Loved the sail away video, felt like I was going out to sea on the ship and part of this cruise adventure. Wish I had the bandwith and upload ability to add videos such as that when I do my live trip reports. Know way I'd attempt that, but wish I could, think itd add to it.

Keep up the great work and happy cruising! Time for me to go cruising in about a week, I can't wait. Between your review, Bugsy's live trip report and soon to be Radio's live trip report this Saturday.. I'm set before my sailing and my live trip report next weekend! :) Wahoo!

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Hey Gambee just heads up, I will try to check on your review as often as I can. I've started my live review. :)

Forget about mine you can catch up later on when you have time, concentrate on having a great time!

It's too bad you didn't get to enjoy any of the concerts on the lawn. On our January cruise they had a jazz concert at night on the lawn as we sailed away from San Juan. They laid out blankets, a small wooden table for your drinks, and these really cool little blue lights. If you purchased a glass of wine, you also got a free cheese plate. This was one of the coolest things we have ever done on any of our cruises.

However, other than the great jazz concert, I agree with you that the lawn area is pretty useless. The majority of it was roped off for our entire 7 day cruise.

Yeah I was really disappointed about the lawn concerts. But I believe they cancelled a few of them due to weather, one day we tried going up there and mom could not even make it up the stair, it was extremely windy!

I've lurked my way through all 20 something pages of this review, my 1st Gambee exposure - all I can say is I am a FAN!! This has been so amazing that I almost feel as if I were there. I would have just continued lurking but when I saw those downward shots of the aft cabins - IT JUST GAVE ME A THRILL. I've never had aft either Gambee - but have a wrap one booked on Eclispe for Feb. I'll be gazing at your aft photos for the next 10 months while I wait for my turn. Thank you for taking us along on your vacation with you and your Mom!!!!

Gambee, the first thing I do in the morning after signing on and checking my April 29 Roll Call is to check your thread. I'm going to have Silhouette withdrawal after our cruise and my have to go back over your photos.:) One thing I do hope is that the pastries will be available at breakfast in the Oceanview Café on this cruise. On the Millennium last year, by the time we got down to breakfast, there were NO pastries left :(.

Oh my, you have no idea how overwellmed I am right now, I trying to keep up with 4 very important threads and my review. It is a bit hard, but I spend most of the time time. I usually find myself neglecting the other treads :(.

I am happy you like the pics, they take a lot of work and knowing that people enjoy them makes it all worth it.

Well, I'm sure if you continue to follow the review you will find information on the ports when gambee gets to days he was in port. Remember patience is a virtue.

I am very close to the first port day :D

Amazing review.. best pictures ever.. thanks for sharing!!

Thank you, you're welcome.

gambee's review is excellent and probably very helpful to someone that has never cruised on an S Class ship. I have been on an S class, so reading through many pages did tax my patience.

However, if gambee's review of the ports is as good as the first part, it will be worth waiting for.

Thank you for waiting and other than the weather not cooperating, yes I try my best to keep up with the ports.

I think you must of just experienced bad timing. Believe me I am never at breakfast before 9:00am and I have never noticed this. I assume you walked around to look? The Millennium has multiple stations that serve the same stuff.

Gambee--what a great review--thanks.

You're welcome, thank you for joining!

I think if any review was "taxing my patience" I would quit reading it.

I have also sailed on an S-Class ship and am thoroughly enjoying Gambee's review + photos. Keep up the great work, Gambee! :)

Will do, thank you :)

Gambee, I am not usually at a loss for words but....WOW.

Reading this review is just incredible. What a charming person you are, and how generous to write this fabulous, entertaining, informative BOOK about your cruise!

As someone else said, man, I really need to crank it up about 50 notches when I write reviews! It almost feels like we're sailing along with you!

Congratulations on entertaining so many people who are hanging on to each installment, including me! :D

Thank you so very much for your kind words, they really mean a lot to me. I am glad to have you aboard, thank you for following our little adventure.

Deleted - I was in the habit of not reading the banter that wasn't Gambee's review, and one comment struck me as quite abrasive. As I continued to read, I see it was addressed (and addressed). So, back to silent reading for me.

Gambee - Thank you for the distinctive font. It is helping me read your review and not the well-deserved accolades from your legion of fans.

You're very welcome, that little trick I learned long ago. I decided to use black and bold because it is easy to read.

Gambee, this is excellent! Thank you! ;)

You're welcome, thank you for following.

Gambee,

Still loving this review! So much so that I'm gonna hunker down and read all 78 pages of the Allure review :D

If I run out of food or water I'll send smoke signals

Trust me you will not be disappointed, The Allure review is my first born child :D and I am very proud of him. His birthday is coming up soon :D, he will be 5 months old and he is about to hit 400,000 views can you believe that???

Thank you for deciding to read it.

Gambee I am reaaly looking forward to tomorrows portion of the review. I am really loving it so far. I will be going back & forth between you & Bugsy's. I can't wait.

Bugsy should have another of his classic reviews on the works, I can't wait for him to board the ship. Thank you for finding the time to follow both of us :)

Wow, Gambee, you are posting faster than I can keep up with! And yet I still can't wait to read the next installment!

And seriously, this review is making me more excited for our cruise at the end of the month than anything else yet! I look at all your photos, and I keep thinking, "Dang it, I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE! I WANT TO GET ON OUR CRUISE!!!!!" I am so antsy and jittery, and can't concentrate on ANYTHING else these days but the cruise coming up!!

That is what cruising is all about, forgetting about the world and concentrating on cruising! Glad I can feed your addiction :)

Great review Gambee!! Still following you.

Patty

Thank you Patty :)

We had 3 cabins on deck 10, very private.... Aft cabins always my 1st choice

Joanne

Hi Joanne, they would be my first choice as well, but unfortunately they are $$$. On breakaway that aft cabin is really pushing our budget, I am not sure if we would be able to do it again in some time to go. I think it will back to inside cabin for Gambee after the breakaway trip!

Am lovin' all those photos and your review. Thanks for posting them.

You're welcome, glad you like them.

Glad I stayed up longer than I was planning to catch the new batch of pictures! This time I had more than enough battery!! :D

Geez, I feel like your pictures are getting better and better as they go on and they were already amazing.

That might change soon, the lighting gets all messed up with overcast skies. Hopefully they stay as good as they are now, but I haven't even gone through them.

Different folks different strokes, eh ? :D

Are the balconies for the aft cabins larger than hump balconies? To me they look quite large.....also, somewhat lacking in privacy from the upper levels to views below.

I am not entirely sure, I would have to sit down and analyze that. I think cruisetail did a graph about that. Do search for him and look at his thread.

Great job Gambee! Your pictures and adventures are as usual amazing. Looks like you surely got your moneys worth with the drink package during the first day. (Though you didn't really pay for the package in a round about way). You must have had well more than 7-8 drinks that first day. :)

Drink package certainly helped out during this cruise though eh? Not as much drink sharing with mom? :p

Loved the sail away video, felt like I was going out to sea on the ship and part of this cruise adventure. Wish I had the bandwith and upload ability to add videos such as that when I do my live trip reports. Know way I'd attempt that, but wish I could, think itd add to it.

Keep up the great work and happy cruising! Time for me to go cruising in about a week, I can't wait. Between your review, Bugsy's live trip report and soon to be Radio's live trip report this Saturday.. I'm set before my sailing and my live trip report next weekend! :) Wahoo!

Yeah that drink package really did it for us! Although in all honesty I don't think it is something that I would ever pay for. I struggled to keep up with it.

Glad you like the video, I thought it came out great! Very proud of it :D

Do you mind posting your link of your review here once you start doing it, I would love to follow it. But at this time I am overwhelmed and I am not venturing into other threads other than 4 that I have to follow. But if you let me know about it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Ah, those almond croissants...it's been too long since we last met. :( Man, do I miss those! So yummy and tasty. :D

You know I never tried them, actually I never tried anything from there :(. It is the only way I can keep an eye on my weight while cruising. A lot of sacrifices are done.

I've lurked my way through all 20 something pages of this review, my 1st Gambee exposure - all I can say is I am a FAN!! This has been so amazing that I almost feel as if I were there. I would have just continued lurking but when I saw those downward shots of the aft cabins - IT JUST GAVE ME A THRILL. I've never had aft either Gambee - but have a wrap one booked on Eclispe for Feb. I'll be gazing at your aft photos for the next 10 months while I wait for my turn. Thank you for taking us along on your vacation with you and your Mom!!!!

I glad you like my my style, thanks for posting. We are really looking forward for our first aft cabin on breakaway, can't wait!

I am happy you like the pics and more so that they were useful to you.

Hi Lynda, you're on our roll call. I'm not kidding... there were NO pastries at the buffet when we went to breakfast on the Millennnium last June - not at 9:00 when we were there and not a single day. We would walk around the entire buffet looking for them. We could see where they were supposed to be but they were all gone and there was no ship personnel to ask about them present. That was very disappointing because I'm a big pastry lover. There were plenty of scrambled eggs and bacon and sausage. However, the scrambled eggs were never done even those which we ordered per room service. That's one of the items I wrote about on the card at the end of the cruise. The breakfast buffet was one of the poorest areas on the otherwise wonderful cruise. Also, the men who did man it were either surly or completely absent.

WOW, that cruise sounds like it had some issues then. So sorry to hear that.

We had never had a problem finding items - (people yes) but we still manage. We are extreme late arrivers to breakfast when cruising - we walk in anywhere from 10:30 - 11:15 and still manage to find plenty of what we like still available. We never do the scrambled eggs as they never look appealing. We go directly to the Eggs to Order station and have things made.

Hopefully your next cruise will wipe that memory out. ;)

Different folks different strokes, eh ? :D

I am not entirely sure, I would have to sit down and analyze that. I think cruisetail did a graph about that. Do search for him and look at his thread.

We also usually like aft cabins but on Solstice class the lack of privacy has kept us away. (I obviously don't know what it's like looking up but I DO know that looking down from above I can see more than I'd want people looking at)

You know I never tried them, actually I never tried anything from there :(. It is the only way I can keep an eye on my weight while cruising. A lot of sacrifices are done.

I glad you like my my style, thanks for posting. We are really looking forward for our first aft cabin on breakaway, can't wait!

I am happy you like the pics and more so that they were useful to you.

Gambee

How do you "quote" from 4 posts at a time? I am only able to show 2. If I click on more than that only the last two I've highlighted show up.

Another great day of pics and commentary! We are lunch in MDR when they had that exact same menu and it was very tasty I agree.

Right? It was so good!

Gambee

How do you "quote" from 4 posts at a time? I am only able to show 2. If I click on more than that only the last two I've highlighted show up.

Well you have to quote each of them independently and then cut and paste in the other window. It is not ideal, but when I am responding to 20+ posts it helps.

Gambee... I have to say; between your review and Bugsy's LIVE review, I'm getting dizzy trying to keep up with all the new posts! :p

I really enjoy reading your review with pictures. Which leads to my next comment... your photos are superb! I'm amazed at the quality and color vibrance that comes out at you. My question is how much of the color enhancement is done by the camera vs. the software you use to edit the pictures?

I do not consider myself a true amatuer photographer; only a hobbyist. However, I do know some techniques in taking proper photos with correct lighting or lack of. Our upcoming cruise is getting closer and I'm trying to hone my techniques for the amount of pictures my wife expects me to take. :cool:

I hope my pictures will turn out as great as yours are! Thank you for such a wonderful review!!!

Hi Gambee,

You are just a delight! Your photos are fantastic and the commentary is perfect.:)

Thank you, glad you like them :)

Gambee... I have to say; between your review and Bugsy's LIVE review, I'm getting dizzy trying to keep up with all the new posts!

I really enjoy reading your review with pictures. Which leads to my next comment... your photos are superb! I'm amazed at the quality and color vibrance that comes out at you. My question is how much of the color enhancement is done by the camera vs. the software you use to edit the pictures?

I do not consider myself a true amatuer photographer; only a hobbyist. However, I do know some techniques in taking proper photos with correct lighting or lack of. Our upcoming cruise is getting closer and I'm trying to hone my techniques for the amount of pictures my wife expects me to take. :cool:

I hope my pictures will turn out as great as yours are! Thank you for such a wonderful review!!!

Well, I like colors and lots of them. I usually set my camera to vivid mode and then I do more color enhancement on light room. How much? well it depends from picture to picture, but they all have either minor or major corrections. It just depends on the lighting situation and temp of the pic. I have been know for bumping some colors by 50+ saturation, it is not uncommon. Some might say it is overkill, but that is what I like :) so it is all good.

All I can say is just play with it, there is no wrong correction. It just depends what you (your wife :D) like, some people like warm pics other colder. Just take different pics in different lighting situations and play with them :)