Current piano bar entertainers

I would love to know who will be on the piano player on the Allure of the Seas in June. I wish it was Paul O Shea but unfortunately I checked with him and he won't be on the ship in June. We spent many evenings on our last Allure of the Seas cruise in the Schooner Bar with Paul and it will really made our cruise.

I just sailed in Mid March and Manda Vincent was the pianist. She is from Ireland. We were there almost every night. She has a great sense of humor and is very personable. Sorry to hear someone earlier in this thread didn't like her. I'd cruise on any ship she's on again. :)

Wish Manda had been on our recent TA on the Indy. Love her voice and humour.:p

Now, we had Phil Anderson on our Mariner cruise in February 2012 and he was awesome. Closed out the Schooner Bar with him several nights.

I agree, Phill is great. Phil said he will be on all Galveston sailings, including the Navigator when it starts sailing from Galveston. He let me play a couple of songs every night. If you can play or sing, ask him. He'll give you a mike or sit you at the piano.

and more (watch in HD if you can)

Edited by Jimnbigd

• 2 weeks later...
The Jewel currently has Gustavo. He's pretty entertaining. Has a pretty long playlist. As long as you shoot out requests he will play, if not, he will go take a break.

Previously on the Jewel was Chuck Perry. He never seems to enjoy performing. He complains and takes long breaks because he is expected to work 3 hours a day. The Jewel would let him take one night off per week because he complained that he was overworked. He could be fun if he wanted.

Kelly Goodrich is on or heading to the Enchantment. We've always loved him. Great entertainer. He seems to have fun doing his shows. If the bar is crowded and people are having fun with him, he will play until 2-3 in the am.

I always always had a great time in the Schooner on Monarch and Jewel when Chuck Perry was playing. :)To me he was very entertaining and the crowd always gets involved (at least on the cruises I've been on);) Gustavo Garcia was fun also on the Jewel and has an extensive playlist as Ksuds pointed out.

Kelly Goodrich is on or heading to the Enchantment. We've always loved him. Great entertainer. He seems to have fun doing his shows. If the bar is crowded and people are having fun with him, he will play until 2-3 in the am.

Kelly will be on Enchantment until the end of May and is then headed to Radiance (probably after some vacation).

We had a great time with him during Monarch's last week with RCI and then during the first two cruises out of PC on Enchantment! :D:D:D

• 1 month later...

We really enjoyed listening to Anselmo (and singing along, of course) on Splendour last week sailing around Greece and Turkey. Dropped in on Tuesday, and went back for more on other nights. Best atmosphere on the ship, and a fun crowd to be with.

"Barton"

We really enjoyed listening to Anselmo (and singing along, of course) on Splendour last week sailing around Greece and Turkey. Dropped in on Tuesday, and went back for more on other nights. Best atmosphere on the ship, and a fun crowd to be with.

"Barton"

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed him. He's the only Schooner Bar

entertainer to hold our attention. He's very fun.

Kelly will be on Enchantment until the end of May and is then headed to Radiance (probably after some vacation).

We had a great time with him during Monarch's last week with RCI and then during the first two cruises out of PC on Enchantment! :D:D:D

Kelly Goodrich joins Radiance on June 28. We love him. He's the best. I was just watching a video I took of him and he still sounds great. That's how you can really tell - video them and watch later. Do they still sound good? :D

Gina

Just returned from Liberty, Western Med and really enjoyed David Curits, we were in the Schooner Bar almost every night, and there was usually a standing room only crowd. He is an absolutely amazing piano player, and very funny.

Edited by emptynest50

• 4 years later...

Phil Anderson has been the only entertainer in the Schooner bar that has been worthy in our opinion. I'm puzzled as to why RCL does not adapt to a true 'dueling pianos' form of entertainment. Whenever we attended this type of piano entertainment the crowds are big, the atmosphere rocking, and just some serious fun. Can anyone explain why dueling pianos is not ever used on a RCL cruise?

I just sailed in Mid March and Manda Vincent was the pianist. She is from Ireland. We were there almost every night. She has a great sense of humor and is very personable. Sorry to hear someone earlier in this thread didn't like her. I'd cruise on any ship she's on again. :)

What ship? I love manda!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...
Phil Anderson has been the only entertainer in the Schooner bar that has been worthy in our opinion. I'm puzzled as to why RCL does not adapt to a true 'dueling pianos' form of entertainment. Whenever we attended this type of piano entertainment the crowds are big, the atmosphere rocking, and just some serious fun. Can anyone explain why dueling pianos is not ever used on a RCL cruise?

Personally, we prefer a true piano bar entertainer to the dueling piano form of entertainment. IMO, dueling pianos is more of a show while PBE is more intimate and performs with the audience. We can go to the Schooner Bar every night on a Royal cruise where 'Howl at the Moon' on NCL is just a one night visit for us.

I'll let you know how we feel after our NCL Escape cruise in a few months with 'Howl at the Moon', again.

Royal used to have Dueling Pianos. Two ships had them: Sovereign and Monarch.

They got rid of them. It was a decision based on $$$$$. They cheaped out on paying two entertainers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums