A bit of a complaint

We are on the Allure next week and have planned a swim with the dolphins excursion. It was priced at $99.00.

Yesterday, we received a email that said the excursion had changed and now includes "lunch and shopping" and now cost $198, a 100% price increase for an added lunch. It already included shopping.

The website this morning still has the excursion at $99 and doesn't include lunch (it has the same booking ID number). So, the website, of course, isn't updated. On-line planning for our cruise ends at midnight tonight and if the email and site don't match, what can you do?

We really want to swim with the dolphins, but I am not interested in lunch or shopping, and I expect that no matter what they serve for lunch, it isn't worth $100 per person.

Right now, I plan on leaving it as is and working on the ship to determine what other options are available that don't include lunch or shopping.

Not too happy they changed it, very unhappy they charged me more without my permission, didn't offer me options and can't give me options since the site, the customer information and the email are all out-of-sync and we leave on Sunday. Ugh!

OWD

I would be on the phone looking for answers of what is going on. You may not be able to get it resolved before the on-line access is shut down, but at least get your complaint "on record" ASAP.

This was my first thought also. Call them and confirm....the $198 could be the total amount, meaning you were not charged any more.

The price, per person, went from $99 to $198, we were charged $99 per person. That is what appears on the reservation too.

OWD

The price, per person, went from $99 to $198, we were charged $99 per person. That is what appears on the reservation too.

OWD

So, did you book it for two people? If so, I still think the $198 is probably the total, even if it's misworded in the email you received. It doesn't make sense that they would double the price of an excursion that you've already purchased. Plus, it just doesn't make sense that they would double the price, anyway, whether you've already purchased or not. This is not a $198 type of excursion. I think it's a misunderstanding and not a real change in price.

Don't panic, but let us know, when you do get it cleared up. :)

OWD

Have they actually charged the additional $200 to your card without your permission? I'd be screaming at someone down the phone if that were me.

So, I spoke with RCCL, and the only thing that changed is the description of the tour and that lunch is now included, but the cost remains $99 per person.

I explained to them that the wording of the email was a bit unclear, hence my confusion, also that they had sent 2 of them, which confused me all the further.

Further confused by the fact that the wording on the shore excursions web-site isn't updated yet either. Okay, wrong again, the wording now is updated, but this had to happen between my first post and now.

But, in the end, we're still swimming with the Dolphins for the original agreed upon price.

All is good, it was just a mis-understanding, mostly (99%) on my part.

I beg forgiveness. Sorry, it has been a difficult last few days with my MIL settling into rehab.

OWD

So, I spoke with RCCL, and the only thing that changed is the description of the tour and that lunch is now included, but the cost remains $99 per person.

I explained to them that the wording of the email was a bit unclear, hence my confusion, also that they had sent 2 of them, which confused me all the further.

Further confused by the fact that the wording on the shore excursions web-site isn't updated yet either. Okay, wrong again, the wording now is updated, but this had to happen between my first post and now.

But, in the end, we're still swimming with the Dolphins for the original agreed upon price.

All is good, it was just a mis-understanding, mostly (99%) on my part.

I beg forgiveness. Sorry, it has been a difficult last few days with my MIL settling into rehab.

OWD

So there IS such a thing as a free lunch!:)

Archived