Oasis or Allure

I've decided to give RC another try, it's been 13 years since my first and last cruise on RC.

The two ships I'm interested in are Allure & Oasis. My initial thought was Allure but thinking I should explore Oasis too.

What I'm looking for are people who have sailed on both and to hear you thought about the two ships. Oasis is a tiny bit cheaper but that's not a deciding factor by any means. Any opinions are welcome.

They are 99% identical. Pick based on whether you prefer Chicago or Hairspray or Saturday vs Sunday.

Both are perf!

Also, donuts served to you (Oasis) or donuts you reach for (Allure). And then there's the Fish Shack (Oasis) or the Rita's Cantina (Allure). Plus other specialties.

And then there's the prior cruise experience: we cruised on Allure in 2012 and will next go on the Oasis (2014).

I have been on the Allure twice and Oasis once and we are going on the Oasis again in October. We picked it over the Allure only because it was a couple of hundred dollars less.

I prefer the Boardwalk Dog House on the Allure rather than the Donut Shop on Oasis.

However I prefer Hairspray which is on the Oasis over Chicago on the Allure.

You can't go wrong with either one but if costs were the same I would pick the Allure (love those hot dogs:p:D)

I think this might help.

It was a post I created to answer this very questions.

It is a little more than a year old, but I posted it shortly after sailing both ships so th eexperiences were fresh in my mind.

Let me know if oyu have any quesitons:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334846

Thanks!

I have been on the Allure twice and Oasis once and we are going on the Oasis again in October. We picked it over the Allure only because it was a couple of hundred dollars less.

I prefer the Boardwalk Dog House on the Allure rather than the Donut Shop on Oasis.

However I prefer Hairspray which is on the Oasis over Chicago on the Allure.

You can't go wrong with either one but if costs were the same I would pick the Allure (love those hot dogs:p:D)

Hmmm...Hot Dogs or Donuts...I'm choosing the hot dogs on Radiance... I'm going to Alaska and saving $$'s.. I'll sail Oasis/Allure hopefully once the prices come down when the new QOS debuts ;)

Hmmm...Hot Dogs or Donuts...I'm choosing the hot dogs on Radiance... I'm going to Alaska and saving $$'s.. I'll sail Oasis/Allure hopefully once the prices come down when the new QOS debuts ;)

The prices are already low. What are you talking about :confused:.

Look at late this year and early next year. Prices are dirt cheap. 999 for D4 balconies. Ummmm yes.

I give Allure the edge.

I love the Dog House (both Allure & Oasis have donuts on the boardwalk)

I enjoyed Chicago better than Hairspray

Allure has handy airline check-in kiosks and Oasis does not

Oasis does have the best ice show I have seen at sea

If I were to go on another Oasis class cruise, it would definitely be Allure

Look at late this year and early next year. Prices are dirt cheap. 999 for D4 balconies. Ummmm yes.

What I'm "talking about" is the cabin catagory and itinerary I prefer...JS and Eastern Caribbean.

Yes they are low - I booked Oasis in October because of the price - too good to pass up!

Yes they are low - I booked Oasis in October because of the price - too good to pass up!

Low for some depending on the cost of air to get there..especially those of us from the west coast ;)

Low for some depending on the cost of air to get there..especially those of us from the west coast ;)

Well, the cost of the cruise is low and that's all I'm looking at. I have to fly also and flights to Florida in October have been on the high side lately, but I usually don't let the cost of air influence my decision unless I'm going to Europe or outside of the continental US.

Well, the cost of the cruise is low and that's all I'm looking at. I have to fly also and flights to Florida in October have been on the high side lately, but I usually don't let the cost of air influence my decision unless I'm going to Europe or outside of the continental US.

Checked out some pricing today and it looks like cruise & air in September might not be too bad.. surprised October does price out higher.

Checked out some pricing today and it looks like cruise & air in September might not be too bad.. surprised October does price out higher.

I'm sailing on 10/5 and on a popular on-line site, that particular date is the least expensive this year. Now flights are a different matter. :mad:

It would be nice if prices came down after QOS but since it is sailing from NY and not Florida I am not sure that will happen. One can only hope. However we got a senior rate on the Oasis of $879 for a D7, that's not too bad.

I've been on both. Heading out on Oasis this August. I chose Oasis this time simply because Saturday worked better than Sunday for departure and return.

There are differences, but they are very subtle "shades of gray" in the whole scheme of things. Allure is likely to get the nod of preference from most people who sailed both simply because it was the second one to come out, and they were able to "fine tune" things a bit. But honestly, in the grand scheme of things, there is really NO difference.

• 2 months later...
I think this might help.

It was a post I created to answer this very questions.

It is a little more than a year old, but I posted it shortly after sailing both ships so th eexperiences were fresh in my mind.

Let me know if oyu have any quesitons:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334846

Just read it. Good info.

Archived