Pinnacle Grill Brunch?

Ship's Wake

Fish and chips would have been nice. Extra vegetable dishes. I just don’t care for broiled or baked fish.

I'll have my fish and chips in the U.K. ;)

Not in the PG thanks. Pretty sure that is an option I have seen at the Lido on more than one cruise. So that might be an option for you?

I'll have my fish and chips in the U.K. ;)

Not in the PG thanks. Pretty sure that is an option I have seen at the Lido on more than one cruise. So that might be an option for you?

Sorry for the confusion! I meant there were no extra choices in the MDR for Ash Wednesday. I don’t want pub food in the PG!!! lol.

I would PREFER to have my fish and chips in the U.K. too! ;)

It would be interesting to see what allowances HAL makes for religious dietary concerns. They certainly didn’t offer extra choices for Ash Wednesday.
What should they have offered for Ash Wednesday that they failed to provide?

On the old Rotterdam, the suite lunch was very similar to the presentation shown in these pics,. It was a very nice affair with excellent food. I think it would be great if this was offered on board, especially on longer cruises with a lot of sea days.:D

Since the PG is $10 for regular lunch and $25 for dinner a half way point would seem a reasonable price to me:D

Why not offer it on all sailings, without additional charge? To us, this falls into the 'no brainer' category.

Why not offer it on all sailings, without additional charge? To us, this falls into the 'no brainer' category.

You do realize the post you quoted is nearly 5 years old, right? Back when PG dinner was $25 and is now $35?

Why in heavens name would a PG brunch be offered on all sailings without additional charge when a regular lunch has a nominal charge and how the heck would they get all the passengers accommodated??

Might be a no brainer for you - not for me with the logistics.

Since many fast then, I'm perplexed as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Those over the age of 59 are not required to fast.

It would have been nice to have more vegetarian dishes to choose from. There was a fish dish available, but I do not like broiled or baked fish. I just thought the menu could have reflected the meatless requirement (for some) of the day. No big deal, just an observation.

Those over the age of 59 are not required to fast.

It would have been nice to have more vegetarian dishes to choose from. There was a fish dish available, but I do not like broiled or baked fish. I just thought the menu could have reflected the meatless requirement (for some) of the day. No big deal, just an observation.

I'm not trying to be difficult but I truly am interested, If the fish is not to be broiled or baked , how do you want it? fried? grilled? :(

It's been a few years since I last sailed on Carnival, but on 2 days of my 8 day cruise, there was a brunch in the main DR. Very nice, and 2 of the best meals I had on the ship. There was no extra cost, except for alcoholic beverages. The brunch was a nice change of pace.

It would be nice if HAL did an extra cost brunch in the Pinnacle a few days a week in lieu of the lunch. Might attract some cruisers to the Pinnacle who may not otherwise dine there, and offer more variety who already eat there.

HAL would need to bump up the service, though, because the last time I had the pleasure of staying in a Neptune suite and eating breakfast in the Pinnacle, service was abysmal.

Roz

I'm not trying to be difficult but I truly am interested, If the fish is not to be broiled or baked , how do you want it? fried? grilled? :(

No worries. I would have liked to have seen fish and chips. Or scallops. Or fried shrimp. Or even additional vegetarian options.

It’s certainly not a big deal but it would have been thoughtful to offer additional choices.

carnival still has brunch on sea day. we sailed celebrity a few years ago and they had a wonderful brunch on sea days. it was set up in stations (seafood, salad, dessert, etc.). really nice and also free. it think it would be a nice addition

No worries. I would have liked to have seen fish and chips. Or scallops. Or fried shrimp. Or even additional vegetarian options.

It’s certainly not a big deal but it would have been thoughtful to offer additional choices.

Thanks for answering , did they offer to bring your the vegetarian menu from which you could order? If not,t they should have.

Thanks for answering , did they offer to bring your the vegetarian menu from which you could order? If not,t they should have.

No, they did not but I did not make my "situation" known. I didn't know about the vegetarian menu. Now I do!