Pinnacle Grill Brunch?

Ship's Wake

When we go out to Sunday brunch I think I eat very healthy- smoked salmon/cold jumbo shrimp/a few oysters, salad, fruit, a slice of lamb or beef, and sometimes a hot veggie. This is my main meal of the day and then eat very lightly for dinner since I'm still not very hungry after brunch. No need to pig out at a brunch and still worth the extra cost for what I enjoy but wouldn't be offered at a normal breakfast and lunch.

I agree. Being Diabetic, I'm constantly watching my carbs and food intake anyway. At a buffet such as this I would fill up on salads, seafood, meats, and veggies. I skip the breads and pastries. There would be plenty of choices to make me happy. :)

Princess used to offer a brunch at its Italian specialty restaurant: Sabatini's. It was a wonderful cold seafood buffet and then you ordered your main dish. All the while they were serving mimosas bloody marys. I think it was $15. We did it on the Star Princess on a cruise to Alaska in 2003. They discontinued the brunch shortly thereafter.

That's interesting. I wonder why they discontinued the brunch.

Doesn't HAL do a made to order brunch everyday?

You can order whatever omelette you want, eggs any style, whatever bread/rolls/bagels, breakfast meats, fruit, melons and berries, whatever beverage in the MDR, Lido and Pinnacle.

What makes Carnivals made to order (a la carte) brunch different than that? I'm really curious.

Brunch is until 2 or 230. Brunch is not until 9. That is breakfast. not everyone is up that early on vacation. :)

Edited by surfergirle

Been on Disney twice. The brunch at Palo was the best food of the entire cruise. That being said, MDR options were ok, and the rotational dining is not what people think. Everything is just so casual and relaxed. Eating at table service restaurants at WDW is just as good. Also I can't justify the prices Disney Cruise Line charges for the quality received.

First HAL cruise in December. This is so much more my style. Classic cruising style with service and amenities I find attractive and extremely affordable. Large inside L-class cabin for $499 p.p. is a steal on the Ryndam. I have no problem spending an additional $100 for speciality dining. I know I will get my monies worth!

I'm not sure that the elaborate displays that Disney feature are really necessary.

But how lovely it would be if we were able to have a

real eggs benedict, the sauce similar to the Pinnacle bearnaise vs

the Lido faux bearnaise ?? Add a bit of real lobster or crab (Not Krab!)

and their wonderful coffee, and I would gladly pay for the opportunity to have brunch at the Pinnacle.

In fact, it might become my favorite meal! ;) :D

Edited by localady

Been on Disney twice. The brunch at Palo was the best food of the entire cruise. That being said, MDR options were ok, and the rotational dining is not what people think. Everything is just so casual and relaxed. Eating at table service restaurants at WDW is just as good. Also I can't justify the prices Disney Cruise Line charges for the quality received.

First HAL cruise in December. This is so much more my style. Classic cruising style with service and amenities I find attractive and extremely affordable. Large inside L-class cabin for $499 p.p. is a steal on the Ryndam. I have no problem spending an additional $100 for speciality dining. I know I will get my monies worth!

That is what HAL is all about to us: classic cruising, supremely good service from an affable crew and value for the money spent.

The basics like main Dining Room and Lido consistent with the fare. Choices like Pinnacle lunch and dinner, Caneletto dinner, Tamarind dinner at a surcharge.

If HAL were to introduce a Pinnacle brunch like Disney et al, it would be one more choice we would appreciate.

I think it sounds like a great option for those that are interested. My DH loves eggs Benedict and would love to have a really good version along with good coffee. He gets the ones in the lido but just not the same as fresh made with really good hollandaise. We get coffee everyday in the explorations cafe and that alone would be worth it to us. Coffee is a big deal to us. We french press everyday at home. :) We don't travel in suites so can't make use of that great coffee all of you talk about in the Neptune lounge. I think HAL needs to continue to try new things. If it doesn't work then quit doing it. It would be fun to have that to look forward to on a lazy sea day every once in awhile. Thanks for sharing the pics btw I have read great things about the brunch in Palo.

• 4 years later...
Well, it appears HAL is going to do a brunch in the Pinnacle. I just got a notice that they are doing a Sunday brunch for Easter Sunday 4/1/18 - with bottomless mimosas.

Hope it's not an April 1st joke!

Yep, how very nice! I got the email and called Ship's Services and made a reservation for Easter Brunch at the Pinnacle, they have times available for reservations from 10am - 1pm. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, a nice touch for the holiday. Yes, I am on Nieuw Amsterdam for Easter.

Yep, how very nice! I got the email and called Ship's Services and made a reservation for Easter Brunch at the Pinnacle, they have times available for reservations from 10am - 1pm. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, a nice touch for the holiday. Yes, I am on Nieuw Amsterdam for Easter.

We are not normally breakfast eaters. So, you will have to let us know how it goes. Maybe we will cross paths on board. I am getting married that same day on board.

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy

Interesting. I like the idea of bottomless mimosas!:D Only for the Vitamin C, of course. But I wonder how they will organize breakfast for the Neptune Suite residents? Perhaps give them the brunch instead?

IMO They will not close out Neptune guests who wish to have breakfast in Pinnacle as usual. they likely will be offfered the brunch or a few t tables will be reserved for Neptune guests to have the breakfast from menu. Seeing Easter is not holiday everyone cele brates, There could be some Neptune guests w ho want their more simple breakfast than a full brunch. Looking at the calendar, it seems, Passover and Easter will be same wee k and that must be considered given dietary restrictions during Passover.The mimosas are not necessarily an attraction to everyone.

Interesting. I like the idea of bottomless mimosas!:D Only for the Vitamin C, of course. But I wonder how they will organize breakfast for the Neptune Suite residents? Perhaps give them the brunch instead?

My Guess is they can still serve the Neptune Suites Breakfast from 7:00 to 9:30, then have the Brunch start at 10:00. Cutoff is often 9:30 for breakfast in the Pinnacle. I also would not be surprised to see them rush those not paying for brunch out early.

HAL should look to their Sister brand Princess that serves bottomless mimosas daily in their specialty restaurant (Sabatini's) for Suite Passengers. The Breakfast menu puts HAL to shame as well as the service. I was extremely disappointed in February with our breakfast in the Pinnacle, every item was always cold, and the coffee was obviously brought from the Lido because it was not normal Pinnacle Grill Coffee. I could make a better cup of coffee in my cabin with the new coffee makers which is what I did for the last few breakfasts and just ordered hot water for tea in the Pinnacle. even though that seems more effort on theri part that they were not happy about.

My last cruise was actually quite good and thought HAL had improved in many areas with the Exception of Pinnacle Grill service......some things never change.

It would be interesting to see what allowances HAL makes for religious dietary concerns. They certainly didn’t offer extra choices for Ash Wednesday.

There were no fish or vegetarian options available? What extra choices did you want to see?

Roz

There were no fish or vegetarian options available? What extra choices did you want to see?

Roz

Fish and chips would have been nice. Extra vegetable dishes. I just don’t care for broiled or baked fish.

Edited by ithaca gal

The photos are amazing and your idea is a good one.

I am not one of those to say, "HAL has never done this, so ..."

HAL is experimenting. Look at Dancing with the Stars!

Just because I may not eat a lot at lunch, I wouldn't put down the idea of the brunch. I don't eat a lot of sweets, but I don't begrudge others their Dessert Extravaganza!

As far as "free," it's a term used loosely. For example, when someone asks about suite amenities, they are often told "free laundry." I don't recall anyone getting taken to task over that! :o

People also talk about Tamarind being free at lunchtime, cappuccino no longer being free in the MDR, etc.

All it means is, included in the price of the cruise vs. being an extra charge.

Tough crowd.

Uh oh! You missed someone being taken to task because they referenced “free laundry” with the Neptune suites!!! Lol. A poster took it quite literally and said it is NOT free, it is included in the price of the Neptune Suite!!! You are correct ... most of us understand we pay for everything we get on a cruise, one way or another, but when we say “free”, we mean “no additional “ charge.

Tough room? You don’t know the half of it. Lol