After 20+ cruises, now will try RCCL.

Don't know why we have never cruised with RCCL but we are going to give it a try for the next cruise, possibly the Navigator.....our favorite line as of now is Princess, we have done HAL, NCL, Princess, Carnival and Celebrity....what is going to make us love RCCL?

Depends on your demographics I think...

We love Rccl. It gives us the right combo of things we love to do. Princess is okay but entertainment can not compare nor can all the bells and whistles of the big Rccl ships. Have not tried Holland but it has the elder vibe we have heard. We do not stay up all night but at least until one am or so and want something to do. We are not free style folks ( ncl) as we like to dress for dinner and enjoy late seating with the same people. We plan to try Celebrity soon. Expect lots of families - even though we travel as a couple it is a family line and is geared toward that to some extent. Classy but not stuffy at all.

Don't know why we have never cruised with RCCL but we are going to give it a try for the next cruise, possibly the Navigator.....our favorite line as of now is Princess, we have done HAL, NCL, Princess, Carnival and Celebrity....what is going to make us love RCCL?

For me, what sets RCI apart is their ships. You will be sailing a wildly popular Voyager Class ship. The ship design, with the Royal Promenade, is unlike any other ship you have been on and the wow factor is high. I'm sure you'll find service, food, etc to be similar to your other cruises. Like I said, it's the ship that makes the difference.

Please, does anyone know? We are elite on Celebrity and we have never cruised on RCL. We are looking at a cruise in the fall on RCL. Will we be able to get the elite lever perks? I have read somewhere that we could.

Thanks

Please, does anyone know? We are elite on Celebrity and we have never cruised on RCL. We are looking at a cruise in the fall on RCL. Will we be able to get the elite lever perks? I have read somewhere that we could.

Thanks

You will be able to get Diamond benefits on RCI. You will need to call to get a C&A membership set up.

Thanks

I think Elite on Celebrity will get you Diamond perks on Royal Caribbean.

Thanks

Per the Celbrity website, you can enroll in the RCI Crown & Anchor Club at the Diamond level. "Equivalent recognition is one of the benefits of being a Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor Society and/or Le Club Voyage loyalty member, offering loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits with matching tier status. Members of one loyalty program must enroll in a sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits. Cruise credits earned on one brand are not combinable with cruise credits earned on another brand."

Like you, we had done 20+ cruises on other lines (HAL, Princess, and Disney) before we tried RCL. In all honesty, we probably wouldn't have even considered RCL if Disney hadn't pulled the Magic out of PC for a European season, which left us with no other alternative for caribbean cruises that summer. Now, after 20+ cruises with RCL, we'd be hard-pressed to go back to any of those lines. RCL just seems to fit us better.

Thanks

Call Royal's Crown & Anchor (800-526-9723) now and have your Captain's Club numbers handy. They will enroll you in C&A immediately. This way you will have your C&A numbers to add to your cruise in the fall. You will also be eligible for balcony discounts on Royal. Be sure to request that when you book.

:)

Call Royal's Crown & Anchor (800-526-9723) now and have your Captain's Club numbers handy. They will enroll you in C&A immediately. This way you will have your C&A numbers to add to your cruise in the fall. You will also be eligible for balcony discounts on Royal. Be sure to request that when you book.

Thanks for the information. I just called and received our Crown & Anchor member numbers. Now to get the cruise on the books.

Thanks again:)

I think this is a personal, subjective area and honestly, I don't really like it when people say "talk me into RCI" or something similar. I can't talk you into something. I can only tell you I love the product and I hope you enjoy your cruise, should you book one.

Agree 100%.

Archived