Grandeur of the Seas ~ Baltimore 2013

From what I've heard on Enchantment, the ship will dock so that it can test the lifeboats that need to be tested that week. I've been on it more times with the starbird side next to the pier but have been on it both ways.

Hehehe!! This just made me giggle this morning!!

:D:):p

I will be sailing on Friday, the first one out of Baltimore!! 2 more days! I will do my best to post pictures and a review, although I haven't done one yet.. so it might not be the best!

sj25 we are also from PA so we do not have to fly either which makes me happy so I do not have to limit the clothes I take. Bayonne is also an easy drive from here, just a little longer than the 75 minutes to Baltimore. Plank we are on the same cruise as you. Did you join the Roll Call?

I will be sailing on Friday, the first one out of Baltimore!! 2 more days! I will do my best to post pictures and a review, although I haven't done one yet.. so it might not be the best!

Just do it! We Grandeur cruise wanna be's just want to hear how it was!!!! (please check for any "off" smells too!) Enjoy your c r u i s e !

First thanks to everyone making me very relaxed and anxious to try baltimore port....may become my favorite port to leave. Has been Port Canaveral...but this very easy could become if I can take airflights out of the picture!:D

I can't wait to hear about your cruise and how things went....a big thank you ahead of time for the up coming review!

sj25 we are also from PA so we do not have to fly either which makes me happy so I do not have to limit the clothes I take. Bayonne is also an easy drive from here, just a little longer than the 75 minutes to Baltimore. Plank we are on the same cruise as you. Did you join the Roll Call?

so whre are you in PA...we are 2 hrs north of Pittsburgh so it will I think was told 5 hrs to get there. But I have more then that involved in a day of airflights...because I live 2 hrs away from the airport that I fly out of...

We board on Friday with mixed emotions; loved the Enchantment crew but have heard the the Grandeur crew is excellent. A new cruise chapter begins.:)

Have a great cruise! I will be getting on when you return.

And I feel the same about Enchantment also!

Hello all ... we're on the June 7th Grandeur cruise out of Baltimore. Driving same day from Delaware and wonder if anyone knows of a parking/shuttle service (other than One night Hotel pkg) priced better than the Port Terminal parking at $15/daily? We really love this port terminal. Quick efficient staff ... wastes no time in getting you on board and also last day departure is the same. Quick and OUT / easy-peazy. Of course, it's also convenient when your car is parked just outside the terminal doors and you can hop on I-95 right there too. Just askin'. Thanks ... (:)) ... Jim

Last minute change may have us on Grandeur again out of Baltimore. Hoping to do Bermuda again. Did it first time in 2005 on Horizon. For those traveling the day or two before, you might want to consider staying or visiting Annapolis, my home for over 30 years. Only a 30 minute drive to the port, and a wonderful and historic town. You'll love it!!!!

If I can answer any local questions, please feel free to ask.

Yep--I am the one who said she would post information. I have a long thread that I have posted to and others from my roll call have added. Our reposition cruise was mostly Eastern Caribbean. If you are not interested in the ports skip those posts.

I have lots of pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1838382

For those traveling the day or two before, you might want to consider staying or visiting Annapolis, my home for over 30 years. Only a 30 minute drive to the port, and a wonderful and historic town. You'll love it!!!!

Definitely! I'm from the Annapolis area too, and highly recommend spending an afternoon and evening in Annapolis before the trip. It's an easy drive up to the port (all highways) and there are lots of neat restaurants, attractions and shops downtown.

Hello all ... we're on the June 7th Grandeur cruise out of Baltimore. Driving same day from Delaware and wonder if anyone knows of a parking/shuttle service (other than One night Hotel pkg) priced better than the Port Terminal parking at $15/daily? We really love this port terminal. Quick efficient staff ... wastes no time in getting you on board and also last day departure is the same. Quick and OUT / easy-peazy. Of course, it's also convenient when your car is parked just outside the terminal doors and you can hop on I-95 right there too. Just askin'. Thanks ... (:)) ... Jim

THIS. I'd be interested to know if there was a cheaper option as well.

BWI is not too far away. I think the long term parking rates there are $8 per day; express parking is $10 per day and daily parking is only $12 per day. You could park there and grab a cab from airport to docks. It looks like it is maybe 15-20 minutes away with NO traffic :)

I am sure that BWI is not actively seeking cruise travelers, but there are no checks at their parking lots (that I am aware of) that check to see if you actually flew somewhere. I am sure that the cabs are used to picking up people at the airport and driving them to port. So, it might be a little more work - park in long term parking, catch shuttle to airport terminal (assuming its like IAD - tell shuttle driver you are flying out on Southwest or other airline that flies out of BWI), walk down to the taxis, and drive out to port. When returning, you catch cab to airport, go inside terminal to pay for parking (assuming its like IAD), then grab shuttle to long term parking.

I don't see why it should not work. :)

Definitely! I'm from the Annapolis area too, and highly recommend spending an afternoon and evening in Annapolis before the trip. It's an easy drive up to the port (all highways) and there are lots of neat restaurants, attractions and shops downtown.

Annapolis gets my vote also!

Howdy.

Cab ride is about 30 bucks each way , incl tip...you will have to park in Long Term, take a shuttle with your bags to the main terminal, pick up a cab, and then do i all over again in reverse. It is $105 for seven days at the pier, $56 PLUS $60 for cab fare from BWI.

Even if there were no tip, at $52 round trip you still won't save money. The port is SOOO easy!!!

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/baltimore/bwi+airport/Baltimore+Cruise+Port

Yep--I am the one who said she would post information. I have a long thread that I have posted to and others from my roll call have added. Our reposition cruise was mostly Eastern Caribbean. If you are not interested in the ports skip those posts.

I have lots of pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1838382

Thank you for your review. It is very helpful! Pictures were outstanding.

Howdy.

Cab ride is about 30 bucks each way , incl tip...you will have to park in Long Term, take a shuttle with your bags to the main terminal, pick up a cab, and then do i all over again in reverse. It is $105 for seven days at the pier, $56 PLUS $60 for cab fare from BWI.

Even if there were no tip, at $52 round trip you still won't save money. The port is SOOO easy!!!

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/baltimore/bwi+airport/Baltimore+Cruise+Port

You know, I was thinking about this more today and wondered if you could actually save any money when you factor in the cab fare back and forth. Thanks for providing this information. I was planning to park at the port, but saw others questioning if there were cheaper options. I think if you use one of the hotels, you still need to pay one night stay there in order to keep your car there for free, so that is probably more expensive than the port too (unless, of course, you are coming in a day early). :)

We booked the Sleep Inn park & stay for the end of the month and I think it was maybe $10 more than parking at the port. Several people on our Roll Call are staying there too. Well worth it for room, breakfast, & parking. Plus we don't have to drive down at 5AM!!:eek:~Claudia

Archived