Am currently on the bumpy Allure.. Any questions?

jarz85

Whoever said you won't feel movements on the mega ships is wrong. Since we left Nassau this afternoon the ship hasn't stopped rolling side to side and going uppppp and downnnn. Everyone we've seen on the elevators etc has been commenting about it.

I had to go and see the concierge to change our Chicago booking from tonight to tomorrow night as one of my travelling companions are a bit sea sick. He said that he was a bit sea sick as well! The weird thing is the waves aren't very high. It's a bit windy. The concierge said it was due to the tides and not the waves?

Anyhow... Tomorrow is our first sea day. Have got the CC meet and mingle tomorrow.

Does anyone have any questions? I have the unlimited Internet plan so will be checking back frequently. I will be posting a very long picture intensive review once I get home!

We had a bit of rocking on Oasis and I thought that it was odd because everything looked smooth. I was wondering if the wind just goes right through the middle in the open area. The rocking will amazingly die down so don't worry. Are you going Eastern Caribbean? I find Eastern is not as smooth as going Western although we've only gone Western once and the seas were as smooth as ice. My relatives are now on their first cruise on Oasis so I hope it's smooth sailing for them. Don't worry, the rocking/rolling will suddenly stop and you will enjoy an amazing cruise. Have fun!

We sail on Allure Sept 22 - looking forward to the review and pictures. Never been in RC just Carnival both very small (back in the old Holiday days) to their larger ships but of course nothing like the Allure.

Hope it gets better.

You can check this site or NOAA's:

http://www.surfertoday.com/wave-height-forecast

This will list the wave height and wind forecasts for the next 5 days.

This is the one thing that has me concerned more than anything about cruising but I'm still signing up for more cruises!

Stay safe and hope you get better weather soon.

No matter the size, motion is possible. We got a lot of motion on the Adventure leaving Antigua, rather noticeable side-side movement.

On Majesty, we were dodging the edge of a tropical storm (missed Coco Cay due to rough seas) and headed on toward Key West. The captain had to turn broadside to the wind and the ship REALLY listed. We turned around and looked out the Schooner windows and could not see the horizon from the barstools.

For me, I don't mind the motion, its a part of being at sea that I enjoy.

JM

You can check this site or NOAA's:

http://www.surfertoday.com/wave-height-forecast

This will list the wave height and wind forecasts for the next 5 days.

This is the one thing that has me concerned more than anything about cruising but I'm still signing up for more cruises!

Stay safe and hope you get better weather soon.

I use passage weather dot com, It has a lot of good information for weather in the open sea world wide including wind, wave height, precipitation, pressure. It also forecasts these conditions for about a week.

The downside for me is that it does not include historical data so I cannot see what it was like the same time last year. I like to look at that kind of data for planning purposes, but have not found any source for such data for the open sea.

when the wind and tide flow against each other there can be a lot of rocking - tide pushes the bottom of the hull one way while the wind pushes the upper decks the other.

I'm now worried as I get seasick and I just booked Deck 12 on the Allure. Do you know if the Medical Centre provides the Bonine seasick tablets free like on the Radiance of the Seas? I'm from Canada and I can't buy Bonine here. The Canadian equivalent of Bonine doesn't work for me. Also, my DH would be interested in the cost of the unlimited internet as well. Thanks for any info. Enjoy your cruise.

I'm now worried as I get seasick and I just booked Deck 12 on the Allure. Do you know if the Medical Centre provides the Bonine seasick tablets free like on the Radiance of the Seas? I'm from Canada and I can't buy Bonine here. The Canadian equivalent of Bonine doesn't work for me. Also, my DH would be interested in the cost of the unlimited internet as well. Thanks for any info. Enjoy your cruise.

Can you buy it on Amazon and have it delivered?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bonine

I imagine it is much less expensive on amazon than on the ship.

Yes, they still provide free seasick tablets. Many people also find that anything with ginger helps, such as ginger ale, or ginger snap cookies.

Archived