Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

LOL,that happened to me with a plug in alarm clock, It drove us crazy,showed different time every time we looked at it :confused:

I've noted to take a battery-operated alarm clock with me. Will have my mobile to "set" the clock's time accurately-oh must remember there's a 30 minute time-difference between my home state and where I'm cruising!

• 9 months later...

I have the shower caddy from Favors By Serendipity I have used for years now. It is so handy, even in pre cruise hotels. Especially in Europe. Just got an email that they are on sale for cyber week. $6.95 including shipping. It was 16.95 with shipping. I found it at the special price in their corporate section.

I have the shower caddy from Favors By Serendipity I have used for years now. It is so handy' date=' even in pre cruise hotels. Especially in Europe. Just got an email that they are on sale for cyber week. $6.95 including shipping. It was 16.95 with shipping. I found it at the special price in their corporate section.[/quote']

I have those....they work great! I also got the soap bag on a rope...comes in handy since DH brings his own Irish Spring soap! ;)

We just got home from a two week vacation: 3 days in New York city and 11 days on a cruise. For the first time in 20 cruises I went with "half the clothes and twice the money" and I'm here to tell you it was PERFECT!! I brought a smaller suitcase, fewer shoes and still packed for November in New York and tropical climates on Aruba. I had clothes I didn't even wear.

Since I mostly cruise on lines that have self-service laundry, the one thing I always bring is a couple Tide Pods and dryer sheets. I don't mind saving a couple of bucks. I think it's ridiculous how much the lines want for a single use box of detergent and fabric softener.

Right! I use the Purex 3 in 1 sheets....they still work great for me!

I haven't mastered the "pack less" way of traveling! I guess I will just have to keep cruising to get it down! LOL!!

Our last cruise was just 7 days, so I ended up wearing only about 2/3 of the clothes I brought and 1/4 of the shoes.

My best traveling items are my Lindsey Philips flip flops and shoes! I can change out the snaps to match my outfits! I only brought one pair of metallic mules/sandals and changed out the snaps for each outfit! ;):D

Edited by suzyed

I've now added tiny one-use tubes of superglue to our travel kit. One of the nose pieces on my glasses came unstuck on the first day of our last cruise. Luckily I was able to get some glue from Guest Services and repair them but I've decided it might be better to carry some myself.

What is the item specifically that you buy from Serendipity to enclose your Princess luggage tags? What is their web site and can the item be purchased on their site? Thanks

i've used the serendipity tag holders , they work fine. Just found on amazon "cruise tag caddy" - heavier vinyl, ziptop, with a good steel loop for attaching it. 8 pack was $12.73. of course you could print the paper tags from the princess site and tape them on your bags ... and buy a drink onboard instead. :D:cool::D:):)

I always pack the travel size Downey Wrinkle Release. As I'm unpacking I hang the clothes on hangers, a few quick sprays...run my hand quickly over the clothes and they come out perfect. Used it on dress pants, cotton Capri, dress shirts and my LBD. Now I take it on every trip.

We always pack a first aid kit filled with different sized bandaids, anti-nausea lozenges, scissors,anti-diarrhea med, and even prescription cortisone ointment (for bug bites, rashes).

But the one thing to take that is a must is taking some 12 hr (not 24 hr as it does not last that long, regardless) Sudafed for colds. It seems that it after 20 cruises, colds are what we get hit with.

• 4 weeks later...

We were just on a 20 day Caribbean cruise. We brought magnetic clips for the walls, an extension cord, a battery operated fan for those warm nights and our own shampoo and conditioner. What we didn't bring that we had to hunt down was extra shoe laces. My husbands shoe laces on his dress shoes kept breaking. There are very few places that sell black dress shoe laces. We finally found a store on Bonaire that we got 2 sets. Now we have a spare for the future.

If I'm on Princess, I take a couple of clothespins to clip onto the bottom of the shower curtain. They keep the curtain from billowing and sticking to you.

I keep s little Ziplock bag in m carryon with a few safety pins of different sizes.

Small pad of sticky notes to put on the mirror. Helps DH and I to keep track of each other.

My LL Bean travel alarm. I keep it on the nightstand at home because it doesn't take a lot of room. The batteries last over a year, and it's perfect for traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If I'm on Princess, I take a couple of clothespins to clip onto the bottom of the shower curtain. They keep the curtain from billowing and sticking to you.

I keep s little Ziplock bag in m carryon with a few safety pins of different sizes.

Small pad of sticky notes to put on the mirror. Helps DH and I to keep track of each other.

My LL Bean travel alarm. I keep it on the nightstand at home because it doesn't take a lot of room. The batteries last over a year, and it's perfect for traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yep always post it notes, and one more a highlighter pen (or actually two in different colours) to mark the patter.

I've now added tiny one-use tubes of superglue to our travel kit. One of the nose pieces on my glasses came unstuck on the first day of our last cruise. Luckily I was able to get some glue from Guest Services and repair them but I've decided it might be better to carry some myself.

I take super glue too, but I also take a glasses repair kit, comes in a little tube has screw driver, nose pieces and screws.

Magnets, as the cabin walls are steel. We use them to hold reservations, shorex tickets...all sorts of paper "stuff."

We use clear packing tape for the cruise ship luggage tags. That way we can also tape one on the case of water we usually bring on board.

I picked up some cheap, small plastic bins at the dollar store. They're great for keeping cosmetics, pens, candy, coins, etc. either in the bathroom or on the desk.

I don't think Purex makes the 3-1 sheets any longer, they replaced them with one of those pod things. I really liked those sheets for when we travel, easy to pack and easy to use.

These are still available through Amazon...but they are VERY pricey. Pods seem to be as efficient.