Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

life boat

It's just when I keep one of those in my cabin, it's so hard for the steward to vacuum. And then the captain gets all snooty when I try to use it instead of a tender.

Edited by Wehwalt

It's just when I keep one of those in my cabin, it's so hard for the steward to vacuum. And then the captain gets all snooty when I try to use it instead of a tender.

Can you imagine pushing down the passageway with an all ready inflated life raft. :eek:

When voyaging on the Royal or Regal we take an old hotel room key card and fasten a small sticky side out piece of duct tape to the back and use it as the power to the room card instead of our cruise card. The duct tape on the card is used to stick the card to the wall above the card slot when we leave the room.

This prevents leaving the room with your cruise card in the slot and you can't get back in without seeing Passenger Services or the Room Steward to get you back in.

When voyaging on the Royal or Regal we take an old hotel room key card and fasten a small sticky side out piece of duct tape to the back and use it as the power to the room card instead of our cruise card. The duct tape on the card is used to stick the card to the wall above the card slot when we leave the room.

This prevents leaving the room with your cruise card in the slot and you can't get back in without seeing Passenger Services or the Room Steward to get you back in.

Good idea, however I would use something other then duct tape. It can damage the walls. ;)

Good idea, however I would use something other then duct tape. It can damage the walls. ;)

I generally do bring a small roll of packaging tape. I sometimes send packages home and USPS and UPS are getting very picky about not giving you tape but making you buy it. It's also handy for emergency repairs, like a hole in a backpack, until something else can be done.

I used an old hotel card or once a Blockbuster card. No duct tape. When you pull it up in the slot, it stays. Multiple up and downs in 10 days and no problem. The steward would chant the position to get his work done with lights on and then pull it back up to turn them on. Easy Peasy.

I bought those for my last cruise they work really great and enough light to see by when getting into that dark bathroom at night.

Candi

Read the hint and have organised my supplies! Got a really GOOD price of 4 candles for $AUD3.00 so grabbed 2 packets-have enough for home emergencies, and stashed in the cruise case ready to go!

Crochetcruise :cool:

This is an obvious item and likely has been mentioned before but an reusable water bottle, unless you are a bottled water drinker. I take it to the airport empty and fill it with water, after going through security for the plane ride. On the ship, you can fill it at the various ice water stations near the buffet locations, and take it with you for your use, especially if you need a sip of water in your cabin.

Tom

I bring a flameless candle that I get from the $ store, 2 in a pack for $1.00 for the bathroom. Just enough light and 1 "candle" lasts over a week.

I pack a couple of bottles for Dr. Brown root beer to make myself a couple of root beer floats! Yum!

Janie

I bring a flameless candle that I get from the $ store, 2 in a pack for $1.00 for the bathroom. Just enough light and 1 "candle" lasts over a week.

I pack a couple of bottles for Dr. Brown root beer to make myself a couple of root beer floats! Yum!

Janie

I never thought of making floats. I don't like root beer but coke floats sound great.:D:D:D Something to add to my "to do" list on a cruise.:):):)

• 7 months later...

I only take two pairs of shoes. One for dress and one for everything else. Kind of hard to not keep that number of shoes organized. Saves space in the luggage by not carrying an organizer.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska, Caribbean Princess 2015 Western Caribbean

Great suggestions here. I have my regular "must bring stuff " list and it has many of the things that are mentioned. Of course you can go without any of it, but should you suddenly be in need of something (first aid items,feminine products,or any item you might of forgot to pack),it's going to coast you , A LOT!

Most plug-in clocks run fast or slow because the ship's electrical frequency(cycle time) is not always regular.

LOL,that happened to me with a plug in alarm clock, It drove us crazy,showed different time every time we looked at it :confused:

Cruise Critic allows you 20 minutes to make any edits.

About photos. I have posted many photos before. I have two choices, post a photo that appears real small and hard to see, and my other way I use Photo Bucket to post photos and they come out large and I'm not aware of any way to make them smaller.

Here's an example of one of my photos from Photo Bucket so you will see the size when I post it.

image_zpsgbmujvko.jpeg

Tom:)