Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

Thanks. I guess the top of the form leads one to think you must be active, retired 20, or disabled. If just for anyone discharged, I wonder why the list? we will try and post with our experience! I wasn't trying to cause an issue, just a clarification! So I assume some have received this OBC as you say? THANK YOU all again!!!:)

Not just honorably discharged but with a minimum of either 2 years of service or 6 months in an active combat zone. The 6 months in an active combat zone would include all of the reservists in harms way in the Middle East combat zones. :)

I don't know who is responsible for the great MOBC program but I would think that our fellow Vietnam vet Alan Buckelew had something to do with it. The MOBC that's so generously given to vets is just one of the many reasons Princess is my preferred cruise line. :D

Yes, anyone with a DD214 qualifies for OBC. Make sure that your SS number is whited out before you submit it. My travel agent has a copy and Princess also has a record so I don't have to submit it each time. Once is enough. Nice to be recognized for our service and thanks to Princess.

Tom:)

We have never been on any Princess ship where they had the International Cafe, and we are looking forward to it.:)

What is your "favorite" item to get from this cafe? I understand it is all FREE, is that correct?

It is all free. They have great cookies and pastries. Breakfast items in the morning, soups, and sandwiches later in the day. I only visit the International Cafe' infrequently but some people swear by it and go frequently. One person on our last cruise said it was her favorite venue for food.

"Thanks for the all the tips!! I'm making lots of mental notes to remember everything for my first princess cruise that is coming up.":)

My 21st Princess cruise is in Sept., but I'm learning/getting so many ideas from this & other threads! No mental notes for me (too old!) -- I copy/paste tips & email them to myself. Before I leave, I'll print them for my notebook.

THANKS, ALL!

We have never been on any Princess ship where they had the International Cafe, and we are looking forward to it.:)

What is your "favorite" item to get from this cafe? I understand it is all FREE, is that correct?

Correct, all free!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is all free. They have great cookies and pastries. Breakfast items in the morning, soups, and sandwiches later in the day. I only visit the International Cafe' infrequently but some people swear by it and go frequently. One person on our last cruise said it was her favorite venue for food.

My favourite dish is their Tiramisu!! I love their almond, apple & chicken salad as well!!

And yes all pastry, salad, desserts, soup.... are free. Unless you are ordering the fresh brew coffee or specialty coffee, those you'll need a coffee card or pay as u go.

Just got off my first Princess cruise to Alaska on the Sapphire. LOVED the International Cafe. We bought the coffee card and had coffee there several times a day. Best dessert - Peanut Butter Cup. It is not offered every day but when it is, make sure you get some. DH enjoyed the breakfast sandwiches - their version of an Egg McMuffin.

If you get the coffee card, don't forget it can also be used for Iced Coffee - Mocha Caramel Iced Coffee was the best.

Just got off my first Princess cruise to Alaska on the Sapphire. LOVED the International Cafe. We bought the coffee card and had coffee there several times a day. Best dessert - Peanut Butter Cup. It is not offered every day but when it is, make sure you get some. DH enjoyed the breakfast sandwiches - their version of an Egg McMuffin.

If you get the coffee card, don't forget it can also be used for Iced Coffee - Mocha Caramel Iced Coffee was the best.

Having the "Egg McMuffin" sandwich is a good option for many. Not everyone wants anything sweet for breakfast.

LuLu

~~~~

My husband just received the Military OBC for our cruise in July. He served in the army for two years 1953-55. I mailed it to Princess on Saturday and when I went to the Cruise Personalizer site on Thursday, and pulled up my information, saw that they had given him the OBC for $250 (14 day cruise). This is a wonderful benefit. My TA did not mention it. I learned about it, here, on CC. Cudos, Princess

If they have it, Gelato is not free. I forgot how much, but I know they charge. I don't recall it being more than a few dollars.

The Gelato is available at the IC only on the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. The minmum purchase is $1.50 for three delicious scoops.

On the new Royal it is available in a seperate Gelato cafe. The cost for the three scoops is higher there, $2.75 + gratuity.

Edited by caribill

We printed out the form, filled it out, and checked the box "Veterans with an honorable discharge", faxed it with his DD214 to them. Simple! I might add that nothing showed up on "My Princess", so I called them, and they told me the on board credit has been applied. :)

A tip for applying for Military benefits, and particularly for Stockholder OBC (needs to be done before EACH cruise!) is to FAX the forms. Keep a note of the date/time sent and the fax machine used. If the OBC does not show up on "My Princess", the customer service rep will usually get the application found and approved within a few minutes of putting your call on hold!

Mailed forms are harder for them to find, and e-mail applications seem to have come off (some) option lists. The Stock form says "approved within seven days" but that might be business days, and even by that standard they were running about three days late when I had to call about an upcoming cruise we're taking in ten days.

Morning ,

Pc Mike was on the morning news and talked about DropBox. http://www.pcmike.com/pcmike-on-nbc-tv/staying-connected-this-vacation

LiL

Mark

Drop box is amazing. We use it all the time. It doesn't matter what computer you're on the latest version of whatever you're working on is in dropbox.

Thanks for the military OBC information. My husband was honorably discharged about 2 months before his 2 years of service was up for educational reasons. At least back in the Vietnam era you could get an early out of 90 days or less if that would enable you to start school. In his case, the semester started before his discharge date so he got out early.

I've seen various military discounts advertised but they always require the 2 years without the language about the early out. This board is great!

I mailed it to Princess on Saturday and when I went to the Cruise Personalizer site on Thursday, and pulled up my information, saw that they had given him the OBC for $250 (14 day cruise).

Where does the Military OBC reflect on the Cruise Personalizer? I've never seen it there...:confused:

Where does the Military OBC reflect on the Cruise Personalizer? I've never seen it there...:confused:

In Australia it comes up on Cruise Personaliser - Payments/Balances section, I served in the Australian Army and got $250 for next year on Golden. $250 is the max.

If you booked directly with Princess it will be shown on your invoice...if using a TA they should be able to confirm that it has been issued.

Also if you sign in to "My Princess" go to Circle Savings Account's "View Details". Under the "Onboard Credits" tab you'll see this after it's approved & it should show up automatically even when getting an online quote.

Military Benefits

08/30/11

Sail By 12/31/99

Active

$50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)

A couple of days ago I posted this example of how MOBC is displayed.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just read / scanned 322 post and pretty thin on secrets!

Seems military discounts, the stock option OBC and the fact you can get a bath robe if you ask or that the food at the intentional cafe is free was all that is to be gleaned from all these post?

None are what I would call secrets.

Not a prodigious Princess cruiser but I will give up one of my secrets.

You can use the computers outside the cruise booking office to send free emails.

You access the Post card option and you can send free picture post cards of Princess ships and travel scenes to all your friends, family and work colleagues.

Send as many and as often as you want.

There are other goodies but if I give them up they will no longer be secrets would they?

Edited by baldercash

Just read / scanned 322 post and pretty thin on secrets!

Seems military discounts, the stock option OBC and the fact you can get a bath robe if you ask or that the food at the intentional cafe is free was all that is to be gleaned from all these post?

None are what I would call secrets.

Not a prodigious Princess cruiser but I will give up one of my secrets.

You can use the computers outside the cruise booking office to send free emails.

You access the Post card option and you can send free picture post cards of Princess ships and travel scenes to all your friends, family and work colleagues.

Send as many and as often as you want.

There are other goodies but if I give them up they will no longer be secrets would they?

To use the free email option, you must either know or have with you the email addresses. You will not have access to your electronic address book.

I read somewhere on cc - that once an item has been served in a dinning room you can order that item anytime later on that cruise.

Not true - I just got off the Sa on June 15th and they would not give me anything that was not on the menu for that day. I tried twice - once in

Savoy and once in Santa Fe.