Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

International Cafe is Correct.

Sorry I'm kind of new at this. Does 'IC' mean Ice Cream Shop, Internet Cafe, or International Cafe? We'll be on the Diamond Princess to Alaska this summer and don't think we have all these places.

It will be in the Patter, in the dining info section.

For the Golden last September and on the Caribbean in March, it was the midship Deck 6 MDR from noon until 1:30.

On Golden Princess it's Donetello DR, deck 6 midship.

What kinds of things are you asking for that you need a "list"? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aloha rachelfran,

I am sorry that I did not check back on this thread. I had a friend send me a message about your inquiry. I am a list kind of person. If I don't write something down, I will forget it. It also makes it easier for the steward. He doesn't have to write it down or remember. He takes the list with him. Of course, there are always a thing or two that I forget.

This is my list. You are welcome to modify it to meet your needs. On the Hawaii cruise, I made a candy lei to give to my steward with a flower crafted out of money. On other cruises, I might give gifts that include goodies from Hawaii (always have it on hand) or chocolates from Trader Joes or small tokens of my appreciation.

February 13, 2013

Dear Cabin Attendant,

We are so excited to be on this cruise and know that you will help make this a very pleasant voyage. Would you please take care of a few things for us, at your convenience?

1. We need two of everything since we are two good friends who happen to enjoy cruising together (this would include shampoo, and other toiletries)

2. We can always use more hangers (check out the supply first)

3. We would like to have, at least 6, fresh face/wash towels in the bathroom.

4. Would you please leave 3 Patters each evening (I keep one for my scrapbook and fold one to carry with me…and then there’s one for xxx).

5. Please keep our ice bucket filled twice a day.

6. Would you find us 2 wine glasses for the cabin?

7. 2 pens / a few more notepads

I am handing you a list because in all of my excitement, I am sure I would forget to mention something.

Mahalo nui loa,

Now to address the laundry question. Once I discovered the Purex sheets, I bought several containers. When it first came out, there were lots of "buy one get one free" promotions. Now that they are rare to non-existent...I use them very sparingly. I sure wish they would bring this back on the market. They are T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C.

Renee

Whether the shareholder benefit is worth it depends on your cruising. We cruise often on Princess. We have had the stock for nearly four years. We have gotten back the purchase cost plus nearly $1000 in OBC. We also have several hundred dollars in dividents. Finally the stock is now worth about 40% more than we paid for it.

So for us it has certainly been worth it.

Hi, do Australians have the same benefits as you all do in 'the States'? How would I purchase those 100 shares. I am about to do another Princess cruise on the 11th of October, this year, and I would be interested to do this as well, thank you for your answers.

Hi, do Australians have the same benefits as you all do in 'the States'? How would I purchase those 100 shares. I am about to do another Princess cruise on the 11th of October, this year, and I would be interested to do this as well, thank you for your answers.

Here's a link to the CCL Shareholder info including Australia:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTc1NDY5fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

I am not aware of the process for purchasing shares in Australia.

P & O CRUISES (AUSTRALIA) PRINCESS CRUISES* CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES* Customer Service Manager PO Box 2006

North Sydney NSW 2059 Tel61284248800 Fax61284249161

Edited by Astro Flyer

Has anyone gotten a coupon book lately? We are cruising in Septmber to Alaska. Are there Internet minutes or coffee?

No coffee card coupons. There may have been a coupon for free internet minutes when you sign up for a package, but I don't recall for sure. I got my coupon books in March.

There are the usual by $200 in fine jewelry and get 10% off variety, many for spa services, but nothing I could use. 2 for 1 blackjack and slot tourrnament entries.

No coffee card coupons. There may have been a coupon for free internet minutes when you sign up for a package, but I don't recall for sure. I got my coupon books in March.

There are the usual by $200 in fine jewelry and get 10% off variety, many for spa services, but nothing I could use. 2 for 1 blackjack and slot tourrnament entries.

Thanks. Does not seem like there will be much of anything for me.

Aloha rachelfran,

I am sorry that I did not check back on this thread. I had a friend send me a message about your inquiry. I am a list kind of person. If I don't write something down, I will forget it. It also makes it easier for the steward. He doesn't have to write it down or remember. He takes the list with him. Of course, there are always a thing or two that I forget.

This is my list. You are welcome to modify it to meet your needs. On the Hawaii cruise, I made a candy lei to give to my steward with a flower crafted out of money. On other cruises, I might give gifts that include goodies from Hawaii (always have it on hand) or chocolates from Trader Joes or small tokens of my appreciation.

February 13, 2013

Dear Cabin Attendant,

We are so excited to be on this cruise and know that you will help make this a very pleasant voyage. Would you please take care of a few things for us, at your convenience?

1. We need two of everything since we are two good friends who happen to enjoy cruising together (this would include shampoo, and other toiletries)

4. Would you please leave 3 Patters each evening (I keep one for my scrapbook and fold one to carry with me…and then there’s one for xxx).

I am handing you a list because in all of my excitement, I am sure I would forget to mention something.

Mahalo nui loa,

I was going to make a snide remark, but I think you are serious.

I wonder how much the room steward likes the chocolate you give him as he can get all the chocolate he wants from his cart.

Aloha rachelfran,

February 13, 2013

Dear Cabin Attendant,

Mahalo nui loa,

I wonder how much the room steward likes the chocolate you give him as he can get all the chocolate he wants from his cart.

I'm not Renee or 'rachelfran' but having also lived in Hawaii have shared some Hawaiian food such as chocolate covered macadamia nuts with our cabin steward as a small way of showing our thanks in advance for their hard work to make our cruise so special...aloha. :D

We also tip them extra at the end of the cruise for their amazing service.

I've read of many others who bring some small item from their hometown to give to their cabin steward which they seem to appreciate the effort it took to bring them something from home.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Aloha rachelfran,

February 13, 2013

Dear Cabin Attendant,

Mahalo nui loa,

I am that friend who told Renee about someone wanting her list. Renee is real. She is the kindest most wonderful traveler and a fantastic tour guide as well. We met as we traveled through the canal last year and then had the opportunity to see her on her home turf for a day this year while cruising. She had the best plans for our day and even brought drinks and small candies in her car for us to have during the day! She is awesome!

So, that leads me to my item that they don't tell you. You meet some really great new friends on your travels! If you are willing to meet new people, go to the meet and greets. You will meet folks from all over the world who just might become friends like Renee!

:)

I had this really nice rebuttal, but hit the wrong button and, poof, lost forever. Just wanted to chime in to thank RNGALNG and Astro Flyer for their validation and support.

Omiyage: The Japanese custom of giving (from the heart). My philosophy is that a gift is a gift. Whatever the receiver wants to do with it us totally up to them. They can eat it, give it away, or throw it in the trash. It is the thought behind the gift that is most important.

Omiyage: The Japanese custom of giving (from the heart). My philosophy is that a gift is a gift. Whatever the receiver wants to do with it us totally up to them. They can eat it, give it away, or throw it in the trash. It is the thought behind the gift that is most important.

Well said!! :D

Omiyage: The Japanese custom of giving (from the heart). My philosophy is that a gift is a gift. Whatever the receiver wants to do with it is totally up to them. They can eat it, give it away, or throw it in the trash. It is the thought behind the gift that is most important.

Well said!! :D

I am not surprised, but extremely delighted that there are so many thoughtful people who understand how hard the ships' crew work to make each of our voyages memorable. They go above and beyond their "duties" and their work ethics are commendable. Remember, they could very well take the attitude that they may never see you again, so why bother.

Please continue to show your appreciation in whatever manner is most comfortable for you. AND have a nice cruise.

My philosophy is that a gift is a gift. Whatever the receiver wants to do with it us totally up to them. They can eat it, give it away, or throw it in the trash. It is the thought behind the gift that is most important.

This is so true. A while back I saw two bums sitting on a railroad track sharing a beer and felt moved to give them $5.00. My first inclination was to tell them not to spend it on beer, but then I thought that maybe, if I were homeless and had no prospects, having a beer might be one of the high points of my day.

We are only responsible for the giving, not what the recipients of our gifts decide to do with them.