Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

There was a woman on our January cruise as mad as could be about no coffee card coupons to get the coffee mug FREE when buying a coffee card. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

That would certainly be something worth ruining your vacation over.

I wonder how much the room steward likes the chocolate you give him as he can get all the chocolate he wants from his cart.

I'm pretty sure that would be considered stealing and the steward could be fired for it.

Jackie

One main princess secret is to keep checking the price of your cruise! If it goes down phone or get TA to do it to get reduced fare. It's not done automatically. We have saved nearly £1000 on our September cruises.

My 1st cruise with Princess is coming up in 12 days!

Thank you for creating this topic, love the tips!! I will consider buying the shares later, as $3500 is not a small amount of money. But by the sound of it, it's worth it.

I also want to ask about the coupon book... Is this something I can ask for during check in?

Cheers!

There are/were two coupons books.

One was of some value and was given by Travel Agents to passengers

The other (Passport to Value) is from Princess and is worthless.

They make excellent coasters for your wine glass.

Theo

They were not talking about the robes, they were talking about coupon booklets. The robes are okay. Some robes are more luxurious than others, depending on your category of stateroom.

Yikes... Really?? I thought their robes r suppose to be nice, as they advertise their linens are 100% Egyptian cotton. I guess I was wrong :(

We have been in balcony and minis but have only ever seen the waffle weave robes. We are Platinum. I don't know if you need a suite, to be elite, or just a special guest of theirs to get the fluffy ones you see in the brochures. Maybe someone will tell us both what the secret is to getting the better robes.

As to what the coupon books are really good for. . . lead me to think about our last cruise. I got a silly cold and had to resort to the tissues they provide. BRING YOUR FAVORITE TISSUES WITH YOU!!!! The ones on the ship don't even get you through the first blow! Goes right through the crunchy paper passed off as tissues! I always carry the small individual packs with me but just had not brought enough for a cold too! Now I know better!

Happy cruising.

We have been in balcony and minis but have only ever seen the waffle weave robes. We are Platinum. I don't know if you need a suite, to be elite, or just a special guest of theirs to get the fluffy ones you see in the brochures. Maybe someone will tell us both what the secret is to getting the better robes.

We are Elite and normally have a mini-suite. We get the "waffle weave" robes which are 100% cotton. I really like them because they aren't so big and bulky. :)

LuLu

~~~~

My 1st cruise with Princess is coming up in 12 days!

Thank you for creating this topic, love the tips!! I will consider buying the shares later, as $3500 is not a small amount of money. But by the sound of it, it's worth it.

I also want to ask about the coupon book... Is this something I can ask for during check in?

Cheers!

First off I'm sooooooooo jealous! I was one of those "don't really want to cruise but will do it to make my wife happy" people. Wow. My first cruise hooked me forever. Enjoy yourself. :)

As for the cost of the shares... I don't know how long your upcoming cruise is going to be but we bought CCL before our last cruise and the IMMEDIATE return of $250 OBC was awesome. I was getting some really horrible return on the money in the bank. The OBC was an immediate return and I'm also getting dividends. My money has been much more productive in this stock than in the bank.

They were not talking about the robes, they were talking about coupon booklets. The robes are okay. Some robes are more luxurious than others, depending on your category of stateroom.

We've only managed to cruise twice so far. Both times we checked the box saying we'd like robes in our room. We didn't get them either time. I checked the boxes again for our upcoming cruise but don't really expect to find the robes there.

We've only managed to cruise twice so far. Both times we checked the box saying we'd like robes in our room. We didn't get them either time. I checked the boxes again for our upcoming cruise but don't really expect to find the robes there.

Just say something to your cabin steward the first day. A robe will show up that afternoon.

If the robes aren't there when you board, ask your cabin steward for them.

If they are not there, ask your room steward and they will bring them for you;)

Ask your room steward. They are usually at the laundry on embarkation day being washed. He will bring them.

As to what the coupon books are really good for. . . lead me to think about our last cruise. I got a silly cold and had to resort to the tissues they provide. BRING YOUR FAVORITE TISSUES WITH YOU!!!! The ones on the ship don't even get you through the first blow! Goes right through the crunchy paper passed off as tissues! I always carry the small individual packs with me but just had not brought enough for a cold too! Now I know better!

Happy cruising.

Used to be branded Kleenex, last I saw they were unbranded "Made in China". Makes a difference. To our noses and Mickey Arison's paycheck.

If the robes aren't there when you board, ask your cabin steward for them.

I try to always have a talk with my cabin steward the first afternoon, he will almost always come around to introduce himself. I don't like the heavy duvets they put on the beds, and I tell him to make up the bed with sheets. I get rid of the expensive water in the cabin, and from now on, I will get rid of the pool towel as I never use it. While your cabin steward is trained to learn and accommodate himself to your needs and habits, it is an excellent idea to tell him what you want up front. Robes for sure would fall under this. Don't suffer in silence.

I generally toss out the coupon book near the end of the cruise.

Edited by Wehwalt

Used to be branded Kleenex, last I saw they were unbranded "Made in China". Makes a difference. To our noses and Mickey Arison's paycheck.

I suppose, but I more object to the fact that the boxes are small and there's no spare in the cabin. Yes, you can ask for one, but it might not be replenished. And you have to put it someplace.