There's OBC and then there's OBC!!!

Lastdance

Just wanted to ask how much OBC you usually receive on a cruise, and what is the highest amount you have ever gotten? Please include the number of days of your cruise, and the most OBC you've ever received. How did you receive that much? Any hints or tips for the rest of us?:cool:

A $400 OBC on a cruise that you paid $1,500pp-$2,000pp sounds OK but not that big a deal. :o

That same $400 OBC on a 15 night transatlantic cruise that only cost $599pp sounds a lot better. (just did that very thing, twice in the last 5 months) :D

Booking on board with "Passages" is one way, then transferring the booking to a Travel agent can get you more. :)

Shopping online for group rates hundreds less than those listed on the X website, saves a bunch. Then you get OBC or other goodies from the site, and you can use the shareholder benefit. ;)

It's all about what makes YOU feel happy. :cool:

Edited by navyrotorhead

As Navyrotorhead mentions, It can be about how much you pay for the cabin. our biggest OBC was on a 15 day Med....RS on the Eclipse

$200 passages

$400 early booking bonus

$760 TA "rebate OBC"

for a total of $1360.

did we spend it? Heck ya! Corkage fees, more bottles, enomatic card, soda packages for kids, photos, spa treatments, specialty dinners, internet....

why do you ask?

If I get a great price, I don't care about OBCs. In Australia, OBCs are not something that the TAs are big on, so it is the total price that gets my attention.:D

Mic, I booked a cruise on my last cruise (last month) and received $200 OBC from Celebrity plus a $200 cabin reduction and a two cabin upgrade, my TA here in South Australia also gave me $200 OBC.

Australian TA's will give OBC, it is just a matter of asking.

Mic, I booked a cruise on my last cruise (last month) and received $200 OBC from Celebrity plus a $200 cabin reduction and a two cabin upgrade, my TA here in South Australia also gave me $200 OBC.

Australian TA's will give OBC, it is just a matter of asking.

Of course OBC is available, just not like with some of the Online / Overseas agencies.:D

Correct me if I am wrong, I have just booked a weekend cruise next January on Celebrity Solistice, through a US agent, and they are giving me USD 25 onboard credit. This is part of a group fare. I am also have RCCL shares, am I also entitled to the shareholder benefit?

Appreciate your advise.

I have never been given any OBC. I recently booked my first Celebrity cruise through a UK online travel agent, no OBC, no 123 or any other offer was available.

I have previously cruised with Princess, Holland America, NCL and RCCI. All the cruises were between 12 and 15 days. I have booked through UK agents, US agents and direct with the cruise lines and still never had any OBC!!!!

I must be going wrong somewhere. I choose my cruise by searching by date as usually I do not have a huge choice of travel dates. I look one year or so ahead. Then I know I want 14 days or thereabouts, so I search 12 nights+ itineraries, then there are a few cruise lines I do not want to cruise with so I delete them and finally there is not usually much left that fit that criteria - and they never ever seem to have any offers available on them anywhere. :( Maybe I am too fussy, but I don't do it often.

Correct me if I am wrong, I have just booked a weekend cruise next January on Celebrity Solistice, through a US agent, and they are giving me USD 25 onboard credit. This is part of a group fare. I am also have RCCL shares, am I also entitled to the shareholder benefit?

Appreciate your advise.

I did get obc from big box travel agent...and my shareholder credit as well

Once got $600 (300/pp) on an 11-night med cruise, AQ, last year. Transferred booking to online TA just before final payment. Was paying for a Celebrity Suite (DD and MIL) on same cruise and they got the same $600.

Transfer rules have gotten a little tighter since then(timewise.)

The way we got our largest ever OBC can no longer be done as they don't allow combining. We booked on board $200, stock holder bonus $200, $700 from our Celebrity credit card for a total of $1100 for a 10 night cruise. Wife wound up with some nice jewelry that cruise.

We used to get nothing, booking online with Celebrity or with local TA's. Then someone pointed me to a couple of the online travel agencies, and now I have a great lady I work with and she always adds something extra. For example for my 2 weeks in April on the Eclipse, we had a 1C balcony about $4000 for two weeks, we got the 123 Go sale from Celebrity and prepaid gratuities ($322 value) from the TA. Not too bad and way better then nothing like normal!

For March 2015, 14 days on the Eclipse, we booked on board, so we got the $300 OBC from Celebrity, we got the $200 off our room from the world tour captain club deal and an upgrade on our cabin. I transferred it to our TA and she is giving us free prepaid gratuities (again about $322 value). We booked a regular balcony for approximately $4000 total for two of us for the 2 weeks.

We had a group rate and OBC and did not get shareholder credit in November. Celebrity explained "that as a shareholder, we want the company to make money, don't we?" We don't care if they made money from us, but the group rate was very very great. So, we moved on in life and enjoyed our cruise.:)

Before we switched to 123GO, we had $100 Passages on each leg of our upcoming B2B plus $150 Captain's Club discount plus $200 OBC from the TA, so $900 total OBC for two 7 night Caribbean cruises in a 2D balcony.

123GO was worth more, so we gave up everything but the TA OBC.

We booked through a TA here in the US and got $425 from them, plus we're captains club members and booked during the original 123 Go promotion so we got all three options, $300OBC, plus drinks package plus prepaid gratuities.

We already paid for the upgrade to the premium package during the confusion when people weren't sure it could be done on board so we'll have to get some spa treatments or maybe I'll get some jewelry :D

For only our 2nd Celebrity cruise I think we got a good deal!

We booked through a TA here in the US and got $425 from them, plus we're captains club members and booked during the original 123 Go promotion so we got all three options, $300OBC, plus drinks package plus prepaid gratuities.

We already paid for the upgrade to the premium package during the confusion when people weren't sure it could be done on board so we'll have to get some spa treatments or maybe I'll get some jewelry :D

For only our 2nd Celebrity cruise I think we got a good deal!

A very good deal.:D