All this talk about lanyards, do most of you use them?

skoeper

I do. I don't usually carry a purse. I usually have a sling camera bag or a dive backpack when out, or camera on my wrist when on the ship. It's more convenient and faster for me to take the card out of my neck than fumble through the bags. My husband most of the time doesn't coz he usually has pockets.

I'm not sure why you ask. While DW and I both use them, that is a personal choice, just like wallet vs money clip, clutch purse vs handbag, or boxers vs briefs. I don't care what others may choose, I choose the option that best fits my needs.

I also don't judge others on their choices, unless it impacts my enjoyment of the cruise.

Yes from me I find it convenient..but always turn it so the front doesn't face out..lol

Sue

Same here; if I don't have a bag or pockets I will use it. I also like to turn it around!! No need to show my name, Captain's Club status or cabin type.

I think a lanyard is a very convenient day-time tool, but I would never use it with the intention of displaying my status or room type, just as a hands-free way to carry the card. I'll use a purse during the evening.

We are going on our 9th cruise next month and we've never used a lanyard. Our last cruise was in 2010, so I'm wondering if this is pretty new. Do YOU use them?

I've never seen anyone on a Celebrity ship use one. Perhaps they're popular on other lines and that's what you're thinking of? :confused:

Yes. Always during the day but not at night when I carry a small wristlet. I hate looking for my ID card so much that I even use one at home to get into my community clubhouse.

We use them. It is much easier than me having to carry a purse around. We have magnetic hooks that we put on the wall and the first thing we do is hang them up when we go into the cabin. We always know where they are.

We do not use them in the evening as then I always have a purse with me so my card goes in there.

that is such a good idea - I love it! We always put the card down & spend 10 minutes trying to figure out where!!!

We're a 50/50 family, 2 of us wear them & 2 don't.

My 7yr old daughter LOVES her lanyard.;)

I carry a small wallet in my pocket, all my travel pants have pockets with zippers or snaps to secure my wallet, and in the evening I carry a small purse, so I don't need a lanyard. If I did, I'd use one. Function over fashion is my fashion motto.

Folks that talk about lanyards getting dragged tho buffets, getting trapped, swinging around etc.

You do know your meant to tuck it behind your tshirt or top so it doesn't show?

Bet some of you tuck your pants in to your socks as well and wear your 'daintiest' on the outside of your clothing. :rolleyes:

Folks that talk about lanyards getting dragged tho buffets, getting trapped, swinging around etc.

You do know your meant to tuck it behind your tshirt or top so it doesn't show?

Bet some of you tuck your pants in to your socks as well and wear your 'daintiest' on the outside of your clothing. :rolleyes:

I've been reading through this and wondered the same thing. I love my lanyard (so convenient) and never had one problem with food/catching etc.

And I DON'T tuck mine in. Come to think of it, neither did any of the people I met on my last cruise.

Perhaps I don't jump around enough when I'm at the café!! :D

I would be lost without my lanyard, and so too my son and daughter - they love theirs as well. On our first cruise, our team in trivia won Celebrity lanyards, and I started using mine right away and was thrilled with the convenience - no hunting around for my seapass card - boom, there it always is, around my neck! My husband, however, demurs, not liking "the look" - however, I often see him hunting around, patting this pocket and that, trying to find what he did with his card - even though he always uses the leather mini-wallet that Celebrity gives you in Aqua Class, he still would often be seen hunting around for it! This past cruise on Equinox in the giftshop, they were selling these "enchanting", laugh with me here, "diamond" encrusted lanyards - some with a black background, some with a light blue background - I snapped up one of these, with the black background, right away - for formal nights! But seriously, well, I am being serious!! - they are BEYOND CONVENIENT, to me, they are an essential piece of organization - why spend time on your vacation hunting around for your card or worse, losing it.

Yes, sometimes. I don't carry a bag on the ship, most of my clothes don't have pockets, and DH is not at my side at all times.

Even if I were going to stuff it in a pocket, if it has something bright attached to it, it's easier to spot on the desk, or wherever it last got dropped.

Archived