Tomorrow-May 17-MS Prisendam Sail-Away from Port Everglades, FL.

aliaschief

An early reminder so you can make plans to watch the last Dam Sail-Away of the season.

Though it is a sad to see the season come to an end it will be a great day for all our CC friends who are on-board the Prisendam for it's Trans-Atlantic cruise.

We wish all of them smooth seas and safe travels.

Inviting all you cruise addicts to join me Friday for the MS Prisendam Sail-away at approximately 4.00 PM Eastern time.

Just want to thank all our regular participants for a fun season. Also a big thanks to Dave and Lou and crew at Port Everglades Web Cam for the great coverage throughout the season.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Just want to thank all our regular participants for a fun season. Also a big thanks to Dave and Lou and crew at Port Everglades Web Cam for the great coverage throughout the season.

A big thanks to you for organizing this thread too.

We have great hopes for this being a good one with the contingent from the TA and Collectors cruise being aboard and the Baltic section being here to see them off.

Thanks, chief. Unfortunately, I'll be on a bus tomorrow which MAY have wifi, but at best it will be a very small bandwidth. I've subscribed to the thread by email and will try to follow along by email updates. I don't think I'll be able to do much more unless the Prinsendam is really late.

Bon voyage to all on the ship, and savor the sailaway if you're watching. While I'll mostly miss this sailaway, I think I'll be watching from on deck the next time the Elegant Explorer leaves Ft. Lauderdale.

Roy

Thanks, chief. Unfortunately, I'll be on a bus tomorrow which MAY have wifi, but at best it will be a very small bandwidth.

That's tough luck Roy, you can always watch the sailaway later from the archive. I am hoping to get some screen shots of the Witches and Wizards in close up to post in my blog for the TA section. http://sturnidae.com/Baltic/TA.htm

An early reminder so you can make plans to watch the last Dam Sail-Away of the season.

Though it is a sad to see the season come to an end it will be a great day for all our CC friends who are on-board the Prisendam for it's Trans-Atlantic cruise.

We wish all of them smooth seas and safe travels.

Inviting all you cruise addicts to join me Friday for the MS Prisendam Sail-away at approximately 4.00 PM Eastern time.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Thanks, Chief, for starting the thread nice and early! I will be here for sure. It's been so much fun joining everyone for our sailaway ritual...I will miss it.

After recent threads on Roll Calls and M&G's it's refreshing to see one that worked.

Congratulations on your successful Roll Call and here's wishing the start of many new friendship's.

It's fabulous!

Our Roll Call(s) for our TA Collector's Cruise on the NA are both "dead as a door nail". I don't get it...I'm anxious to plan some shorex's with people in Rome, etc., and haven't had a single bite! I'm about t give up and join the FB one. Discouraging.

After recent threads on Roll Calls and M&G's it's refreshing to see one that worked.

Congratulations on your successful Roll Call and here's wishing the start of many new friendship's.

Chief, our roll call last year for our 22-day cruise was incredible, and many lasting friendships made. Perhaps the longer cruises attract more participation, but usually HAL roll calls tend to be rather slow.

I expect to be here as well.

I am involved in two Roll Calls for this summer: the Eurodam's final Baltic cruise of the season and then the re-positioning to New York. Initially, there was much activity primarily involving a few who wanted to arrange private tours. Not much activity since although some additional people have joined.

I see from Port Everglades web site that the Prinsendam is again scheduled to dock at Pier 4. As we have seen from previous sailaways, there has been an adversion from sailing from Pier 26 this season, unless it is really needed. I really would like to know why. And, I would like to know why Carnival Freedom does not use Pier 21 now since at Pier 19, her sailings are always delayed by either Oasis of the Seas or Allure of the Seas since they are at Pier 18.

And I would like to know why over 200 people have checked this thread and 18 people have responded. What did they expect to find here ?

Carol...check the posts on the HAL page...that ratio is not unusual at all. Par for the course, as they say. ;)

And I would like to know why over 200 people have checked this thread and 18 people have responded. What did they expect to find here ?

Look at Lisa's "Live From" thread...211 replies yet a whopping 13,605 lookie loos! So, I'm not sure what you find unusual about the Prinsendam thread :confused:

[inviting all you cruise addicts to join me Friday for the MS Prisendam Sail-away at approximately 4.00 PM Eastern time.

quote]

Just wondering if the 4pm sailaway is set in stone - means I'll have to be up at 6am local time (will be Saturday morning down under) to see this one. Have enjoyed so many over the past season then the clocks changed as did the timing :(

Fingers crossed it is delayed - maybe just a little bit - but not too much - would be wrong to put a damper on the cruisers excitement.

[inviting all you cruise addicts to join me Friday for the MS Prisendam Sail-away at approximately 4.00 PM Eastern time.

quote]

Just wondering if the 4pm sailaway is set in stone - means I'll have to be up at 6am local time (will be Saturday morning down under) to see this one. Have enjoyed so many over the past season then the clocks changed as did the timing :(

Fingers crossed it is delayed - maybe just a little bit - but not too much - would be wrong to put a damper on the cruisers excitement.

Never can guarantee on time departures as there are so many variables that can come into play.

Only cruise ship in port so should be on time if no late passengers, medical emergencies and stores are loaded.

Remember 4.00 Pm Eastern is day light savings time on East Coast of United States.

Hope you can join us.

Archived